• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.
For DTL:

Grey > Gajeel > Gerard > Natsu

Gray > Natsu = Jellal = Eve = Hibiki > Loki > Gajeel

Pretty difficult :/

Speaking of Magi, in the latest issue of Shounen Sunday there was an interview with the director and writer of the anime. They basically said that there will be no drastic changes from the manga, and that fans shouldn't be worried. But when asked who their favorite characters were, it was Mor, and then it was the other supporting female characters. To make it even more troubling, the writer said that he also liked Aladdin... but he would like to see the original concept design for Aladdin when he was.... a girl?! -_-

Their favorite character is her and she has only been in one promo art? What even, that goes against their words, I hope this wont mean taking away screentime from the other characters :/

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Naw, Asian women are frozen in place from 20-40ish!l
Delicious christmas cake you must eat it!

Britain > France > Japan's childhood friend's sister> Japan's childhood friend's sister's friend > Japan's sister > Japan's childhood friend's friend's sister > Japan > China > Pikachu > Germany
I just saw Britain greater than all and I knew I had to agree with this list. Doubly so sine Sweden isn't in the equation.

what is this blasphemy?
It's not blasphemy when it is true.

See: Moi!

duckroll

Their favorite character is her and she has only been in one promo art? What even, that goes against their words, I hope this wont mean taking away screentime from the other characters :/

Like others have mentioned before, the staff for the Magi anime are really odd choices. They don't usually do a show like this, and they're generally prefer to work on shows with more female characters. There aren't really a lot of female options in Magi, and they're not going to be able to change stuff much either. So it's just weird.

Dresden

now i wanna see this too!

In episode 14, Aladdin and Alibaba stumble into the Ka'ba of Genderbending.

Jb070.jpg

duckroll

You know, I just had a thought. Has anyone actually confirmed that Aladdin is definitely male? He even wears chest bandages... hmmmm....

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Yuri tsundere > tsundere > all
What about yandere yuri?

What about that statement lit your fire so to speak? That's not just a nodding in agreement gif y'know.

Haruka waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy too low on that list.
Yeah, she is numba won!
GO MY WAY! GO MY WAY!

France > Pikachu > Japan > Germany > China > Ichika's friend's sister > Sister > Every other character in the series with any interest in the MC > Britain

> Britain

Always the right answer.
I come back from the pub and you're all punching me in the balls. :(

Who let the listmonsters out?
Who who who who!?

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Yuru Yuri S2 01:

What bizzaro world did I wake up in with a popular Akarin? Daaaaamn Akarin. Dat SWAG!

WHEN BOOBS ATTACK!

/dream

o_O Remind me never to touch Chinatsu's hair.

What about yandere yuri?

I've never actually seen one, hard to judge.

Taruranto

Type Mercury (ORT) = Ado Edem > Type Jupiter > Type Saturn > Type Moon (Crimson Moon) > Type Pluto = The Six Sisters > Type Venus > Arcueid (Full power) > Balor > Primordial Demons > True Demons > Primate Murder > Original Roa > Angra Mainyu > Zelretch (young) > Lancelot (F-15) > Gilgamesh (Vimana) > Counter Guardian Archer > Gilgamesh (Tohsaka) > Gilgamesh (Kotomine) = Arcueid (30%) > Dark Sakura > Dark Saber > Lancelot = Saber > 5th Berserker > Dark Berserker > 17th Roa (Elesia) > 4th Rider > Merem Solomon > 5th Lancer (optimal) > 4th Lancer = 5th Rider (Sakura/optimal) = 4th Caster (optimal) > 5th Lancer (Kotomine) = 5th Caster = 4th Caster (Ryuunosuke) > 5th Rider (Shinji) > Nrvnqsr = Clairvoyant Fujino = Kurogiri > Archer > Kouma > 5th Assassin = 4th Assassin > Aoko = Barthomeloi = Arcueid (6%) = Kojirou = Ciel = "Ryougi Shiki" = Soren Araya (within the Ogawa Building) > Gun God (Black Barrel) > Touko = El-Melloi = Night of Wallachia > Sion Tatari = Melty Blood Satsuki = R. Shiki = Akiha = Asagami Fujino = 18th Roa > Tohno SHIKI = Alba = Heaven's Feel Shirou = Kiri > Nanaya Shiki = Reinforced Kuzuki = Sion = UBW Shirou = Waver = Bazett > Avenger = Rin = Kotomine = Zouken = Luvia > Kiritsugu = Irisviel > Maiya = Leysritt = Tsukihime Satsuki = Lio = Avalon Shirou = Sakura = Ilya = Kariya = Len > Kirie = Caren = Meruka > Azaka > The Dead = Possessed Corpse = Misayo = Dragon Tooth Warrior = Fuji-nee > Gun God (unequipped) > Fake Shiki > Ryuunosuke > Tomoe > Keita San > Shinji = Hisui = Kohaku

jman2050

Type Mercury (ORT) = Ado Edem > Type Jupiter > Type Saturn > Type Moon (Crimson Moon) > Type Pluto = The Six Sisters > Type Venus > Arcueid (Full power) > Balor > Primordial Demons > True Demons > Primate Murder > Original Roa > Angra Mainyu > Zelretch (young) > Lancelot (F-15) > Gilgamesh (Vimana) > Counter Guardian Archer > Gilgamesh (Tohsaka) > Gilgamesh (Kotomine) = Arcueid (30%) > Dark Sakura > Dark Saber > Lancelot = Saber > 5th Berserker > Dark Berserker > 17th Roa (Elesia) > 4th Rider > Merem Solomon > 5th Lancer (optimal) > 4th Lancer = 5th Rider (Sakura/optimal) = 4th Caster (optimal) > 5th Lancer (Kotomine) = 5th Caster = 4th Caster (Ryuunosuke) > 5th Rider (Shinji) > Nrvnqsr = Clairvoyant Fujino = Kurogiri > Archer > Kouma > 5th Assassin = 4th Assassin > Aoko = Barthomeloi = Arcueid (6%) = Kojirou = Ciel = "Ryougi Shiki" = Soren Araya (within the Ogawa Building) > Gun God (Black Barrel) > Touko = El-Melloi = Night of Wallachia > Sion Tatari = Melty Blood Satsuki = R. Shiki = Akiha = Asagami Fujino = 18th Roa > Tohno SHIKI = Alba = Heaven's Feel Shirou = Kiri > Nanaya Shiki = Reinforced Kuzuki = Sion = UBW Shirou = Waver = Bazett > Avenger = Rin = Kotomine = Zouken = Luvia > Kiritsugu = Irisviel > Maiya = Leysritt = Tsukihime Satsuki = Lio = Avalon Shirou = Sakura = Ilya = Kariya = Len > Kirie = Caren = Meruka > Azaka > The Dead = Possessed Corpse = Misayo = Dragon Tooth Warrior = Fuji-nee > Gun God (unequipped) > Fake Shiki > Ryuunosuke > Tomoe > Keita San > Shinji = Hisui = Kohaku

Disqualification for copy/pasting.

trejo

CSI: Wagnaria Online 5-6

I know I said previously that this show was entertaining enough if you shut off most of your brain functions and just focused on the unintentional comedy and other aspects while trying your damnedest to filter out how dumb it all is, but my god is it becoming increasingly more difficult to do so.

So it turns out the guy
did his wife in because she had the gall to stop being meek and docile like all perfect wives should be
? And why did Kirito
just let those PK guys go
? Can someone explain to me why in fuck's name
was there a real ghost there in the end
?

In summary, this show is unbelievably fucking stupid and I hate it. I hate the characters and all the stupid nonsensical shit they do and I'm pretty sure that each episode is killing a sizable number of my brain cells.

Will keep watching.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Yuru Yuri S2 02:

Akarin got no poker face. Ayano hears suggestive dialogue and reacts in her super cute manner, a censored... something flies around, and hand-gargling.

Ultimadrago

CSI: Wagnaria Online 5-6

In summary, this show is unbelievably fucking stupid and I hate it. I hate the characters and all the stupid nonsensical shit they do and I'm pretty sure that each episode is killing a sizable number of my brain cells.

Will keep watching.

fAkcW.jpg

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Fix that spoiler tag!

But yeah, basically the current part of the manga seems to be
choose between your current harem, or being with Sakura as a girl...
And I can see why they'd think they have a chance, too.
He wants to be a guy, but has a serious crush on Sakura and has since the beginning of the series...
Obviously staying as a girl is the best choice for him (her)!

A template that you can use for almost any show.
Anime.

by all rights she didn't deserve to be trapped in a show like PapaKiki to begin with, so I'm gonna say no.
You know you secretly love PapaKiki.

Delicious christmas cake you must eat it!
So
moist
!

cajunator

Banned

Nafe

Toki no Tabibito - Time Stranger

Upon traveling backwards in time, and after a vaguely tasteless trip to 1945 to briefly view the immense suffering of Japanese refugees from the atomic bomb for the misguided purpose of easy dramatic window dressing*, they run into such historical inaccuracies as an electric time-travelling ninja who shoots lasers from his sword and a portrayal of Oda Nobunaga as an adult man rather than as a chick with a rack. Dunno how they could have gotten that so wrong.

I haven't seen this film so I just want to clarify something, was this laser ninja thing originating from 1945 or did it travel to 1945? If it traveled to the past then I'm not sure how it's an historical inaccuracy as it could really come from any time period in the future right?

As for Oda Nobunaga being male, that definitely sounds wrong. History class must have been mistaken as anime has told me it's a pretty well established fact that Oda Nobunaga was some hot busty chick like you said.

These samurai battles look decent, for the most part, save for the hilarious scene where a samurai rides his horse through a flurry of arrows for about 30 seconds without a hit before he & his horse are suddenly and DRAMATICALLY impaled by dozens of arrows in slow motion that somehow knock them off the ground into the air...towards the volley of arrows.

This sounds like you're describing a scene right out of that Glass Fleet show many people have talked about.

Smile Precure 26:

This episode is going to give kids some incredibly wrong notions about just how fun festivals are because Reika was racking up prizes from those blatantly rigged carnival games like nothing. Shit like "shoot the prize with a weak cork gun" and "catch a goldfish with onion paper that dissolves on contact with water" are bigger money sinks than even the Precure franchise, and Reika was winning at a rate that would have gotten her dragged behind the game stalls and beaten by yakuza if this was real life.

I only saw the first few minutes of this weeks episode so I will have to watch the whole thing later. Along what you mentioned though, I find anime shows always make things like festivals and highschool much more fun than they really are in reality. Watching an anime I feel like highschool is the best, most fun thing ever, whereas in reality I hated highschool.

When I was younger I didn't really like fairs either because even at that age I knew they were rigged and I thought a lot of the prizes were basically junk. It kind of makes sense though I suppose, as they're trying to make money and not give away prizes so they have to come up with something to make it harder. Fireworks will probably always be the best part and maybe some of the music too.

Rinne no Lagrange - 09

Was kinda hoping Muginami would
kiss Lan's thumb after she slammed a hammer on it so many times. Oh well.

Speaking of kissing someone where they hurt themselves, I'm surprised it's never been done, or at least I haven't seen it, where someone bites their lip and someone else says that they'll kiss it better, obviously leading to a kiss scene.

If you wanted to take it further you could have someone saying they bit their tongue and another person offers to kiss it better, leading to a more mouth to mouth kiss scene.

Also [post=######]text here[/post] is neat way to link to posts.

Thanks for telling me this as well.

The start point on the K-On London tour!

I forget, was this turned into a real thing by some group or not?

trejo

Hyouka 17

And with that the only good best arc thus far comes to an end. There's really not much I can add that hasn't been mentioned before so I'll just leave it at that.
Except that amateur manga is some serious fucking business, I guess.

Now, time to drop the show yet again until reliable sources can confirm to me that it's safe to jump back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom