• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh... unless they plan on doing GGO or the ALO side stories then I don't think she'll show up again. Thankfully.

I guess it depends on how popular SAo is .....BUt i agree right now there is a very slim chance of them doing the story aside from SAO + SAO side stories ..

How many cour is SAO? Are they gonna animated ALO?

ALO would need another season or something else that doesn't seems to be planned/annonced for now ... it's entirely possible but it's hard to tell unless we see how they are going to adapt SAO ending ...

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Moyashimon Returns 04

Continuing the slow trek of slice of life. It's what makes the show fun though. It's not gran, it's not epic. It's just fun.

And look!

Moecrobes!

SEJeG.jpg

Dresden

I guess it depends on how popular SAo is .....BUt i agree right now there is a very slim chance of them doing the story aside from SAO + SAO side stories ..

ALO would need another season or something else that doesn't seems to be planned/annonced for now ... it's entirely possible but it's hard to tell unless we see how they are going to adapt SAO ending ...
SAO looks like it'll be pretty popular, so who knows.

Kinda bummed out because of their intention of mapping out a stable, linear progression re: SAO's storyline and because at this rate it'll be a while until they get to mai waifu. I no longer feel shame in typing that out btw because it's 8-4 approved.
Pretty much my guess considering ALO is quite important and of course there's a character who suffers a a fate worse than Kanna :(

Well they gotta get to
tentacle molestation/"I'm going to rape you in the virtual world before raping you in your sleep in the real world"
somehow.

Kinda bummed out because of their intention of mapping out a stable, linear progression re: SAO's storyline and because at this rate it'll be a while until they get to mai waifu. I no longer feel shame in typing that out btw because it's 8-4 approved.

Well they gotta get to
tentacle molestation/"I'm going to rape you in the virtual world before raping you in your sleep in the real world"
somehow.
Is your waifu
his sister
? And I accidentally read your other spoiler from quoting your post: my body is fuckin ready.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Well they gotta get to
somehow.
When did 8-4 approve waifu and will it be in the next DQ game?

He can sell the lolis he saves and buy better gear!
He's already farmed Inferno so much that he owns the RMAH. He has no reason to sell lolis!

Lol. Kirito is far from emo lone wolf. He only appears that way. He becomes so much more.
The white knight has to evolve after all!

Jex

Summary of any worthwhile thing Maruyama said at his Otakon panel:

- He wants to make Pluto, but it needs to be 8 hour long episodes. Someone give him money to do it, and he'll do it. Open your wallets now.

- He wants to complete Kon's Dream Machine within the next 5 years. Open your wallets now.

- Before making Kids on the Slope with Watanabe, he was actually trying to get several projects off the ground at Madhouse with the director. None of them ever got into production. They actually completed a script for a movie once, but that got canned too.

- He would like to work with Kawajiri again, but the bastard is still at Madhouse so it would be hard. If they do work together again he would want Kawajiri to make something a little different.

tl;dr: If you want more cool stuff from MAPPA, please Paypal Maruyama lots of money!
He's trying his best to save anime, but he could really do with some money.

Defuser

Sword Art Online Ep 4
Gotta have some loli and tentacle play in my MMO games. When are they gonna show
blacksmith girl? Cause that's the second most delicious tears ever!

Fairy Tail 141

I kind of figured most villains got redeemed after being defeated. Oracion Seis seem to be even bigger assholes than they were 7 years ago.

Jex

Eureka 15

The wait for the next episode is sure going to be rough :(.
I like that Ao couldn't handle the laser circus, cool animation there btw, its time for him to train if he wants to be as good as Renton.

I like how they even point out that it's physically impossible for lasers to do that. At least someone finally acknowledged it!

duckroll

Sword Art Online - Episode 4

This series is really not what I expected from ep1, but I also think the direction they're going is kinda interesting. It suits me a lot better than what I initially expected. Instead of a typical story where the main character learns about the game as he plays and levels up and forms a permanent group of friends and allies to grow stronger with, they're approaching this from a very different point of view.

Kirito seems to be more of a superhero/legend/god character, and the show only introduces him in the first two episodes in a way so people know who he is and how the rules and circumstances of the MMO world originated. After that, it seems to have abandoned all linear progression, instead trying to tell stories within the world which happen to involve Kirito. It's a pretty unique approach.

I don't know how long the anime will keep up with this sort of narrative, but I don't really mind it at all. Having episodic stories like this feels more like a western comic, which makes it pretty different imo. What I *do* mind though, is how much pandering is going on. All these damsels in distress are anime waifu archetypes, and this week's imouto crap is really infuriating.
I can't believe they kept doing the "omg panties" joke too. Argh! But the plot "twist" at the end with Kirito's actual plan was pretty good though.

I wonder what next week's episode will be about...

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
GGO? ALO? There's more of this? How much does he churn ou~ er how prolific is the author?

I think the ALO arc is pretty much a given for this show given that it's 2 cour. Who knows. though. Anyway, there are currently 10 volumes. It goes like this.

Vol 1-2 Sword Art Online
3-4 Alfheim Online (ALO)
5-6 Gun Gal Online (GGO)
7 Mother's Rosario (Asuna's own arc)
8 Sword Art Online + Alfheim Online (Side stories)
9-X Alicization Arc

Sword Art Online Ep 4
Gotta have some loli and tentacle play in my MMO games. When are they gonna show
blacksmith girl? Cause that's the second most delicious tears ever!

Assuming this next arc is two episodes then she shows up right after. Chronologically speaking she will appear in the arc after this.

Defuser

GGO? ALO? There's more of this? How much does he churn ou~ er how prolific is the author?

SAO is volume 1
What you are seeing right now in ep 2,3 and 4 probably the future episodes are volume 2 + side stories. ALO is volume 3 and 4. GGO is volume 5 and 6

kayos90

Sword Art Online - Episode 4

This series is really not what I expected from ep1, but I also think the direction they're going is kinda interesting. It suits me a lot better than what I initially expected. Instead of a typical story where the main character learns about the game as he plays and levels up and forms a permanent group of friends and allies to grow stronger with, they're approaching this from a very different point of view.

Kirito seems to be more of a superhero/legend/god character, and the show only introduces him in the first two episodes in a way so people know who he is and how the rules and circumstances of the MMO world originated. After that, it seems to have abandoned all linear progression, instead trying to tell stories within the world which happen to involve Kirito. It's a pretty unique approach.

I don't know how long the anime will keep up with this sort of narrative, but I don't really mind it at all. Having episodic stories like this feels more like a western comic, which makes it pretty different imo. What I *do* mind though, is how much pandering is going on. All these damsels in distress are anime waifu archetypes, and this week's imouto crap is really infuriating.
I can't believe they kept doing the "omg panties" joke too. Argh! But the plot "twist" at the end with Kirito's actual plan was pretty good though.

I wonder what next week's episode will be about...

Assuming they don't butcher it like episode 3, the next set will probably be your favorite. It's really really awesome.

I posted it a long while back but I think we won't see the volume 1 stuff until episode 8.

Jex

Now and Then, Here and There - 02

8HxE8l.jpg

Uh, they already explained
who the mysterious girl is and the pendant purpose
, i definitely didn't expect it to be explained so soon.

NTHT isn't really a mystery show. It has a rather different agenda.

Jex

Dropped Eureka Seven:AO, Muv Luv, and Tari Tari.

Summer has been very disappointing, I can't get into Eureka Seven
ever since Naru NTR'd Ao, I just can't like it.

Wait wait, is NTR your real reason for dropping a show? I can
think of many other reasons to drop Eureka Seven: AO

kayos90

It's the greatest bromance never told. With Kirito's skill and Klein's leadership, SAO would have been cleared in a month.

Not gonna lie that Klein is awesome but I don't want that bromance to happen. The show needs more Egil though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom