• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The series doesn't tell the same story as the anime. It's basically a futuristic procedural with a mix of episodic and serial content.
Different focus, GitS tv is more police story than anything else, although there is some existentialist stuff in the background.
Huh. I suppose if you care about the world, it could be an interesting place to have detective stories. It's just... I remember when someone turned Total Recall into a tv series and I don't know what's gained by that.

GitS TV also isn't worth watching
Lies. Filthy lies.
Mixed messages. lol

wonzo

Banned
This again? Why do you guys keep posting Angel Beats!? Nitpicking the smallest issue. I'd hate for yall to be critics. You'd give everything lower than a fucking 5 on a scale from 1-10. Jeez.
gotta get that mean score (6.61) down somehow and what better way than giving shitty shows the shitty ratings they deserve

Regardless of whether the tv series is inferior to the movies, it is superior to most of the stuff this season.
Polar Bear Cafe, Space Bros, Hyouka, Natsuyuki Rendezvous, Humanity Has Declined, Smile PreCure!, Tari Tari, Moyashimon Returns, and Binbougami ga! are all currently airing and just so happen to be better shows than all of GitS S.A.C. (and that's not counting the bad movie)

S2 was way better than S1.
rQr6J.gif

Mixed messages. lol
trust a fellow tamayurabro

Narag

Where is mean score listed on MAL¿

It's at the bottom of your completed list. There's some other statistical stuff there such as a breakdown of what you watched, time spent, etc.

Looks like my mean is 7.3. Must mean I watch a lot of good stuff so it can't be helped.

cajunator

Banned
It's at the bottom of your completed list. There's some other statistical stuff there such as a breakdown of what you watched, time spent, etc.

Looks like my mean is 7.3. Must mean I watch a lot of good stuff so it can't be helped.

Can you see what mine is?

Articalys

Sword Art Online 4

This show is just inconsistently confusing. I thought based on the first two episodes that we would get some sort of straightforward plotline centering on Kirito and Asuna, but I guess that's not going to be the case.

At any rate, this episode was decent enough and
does a good job of showing how ridiculously overpowered high level players in MMOs can be. Autohealing more damage than he's taking lol

Defuser

Sword Art Online 4

This show is just inconsistently confusing. I thought based on the first two episodes that we would get some sort of straightforward plotline centering on Kirito and Asuna, but I guess that's not going to be the case.

At any rate, this episode was decent enough and
does a good job of showing how ridiculously overpowered high level players in MMOs can be. Autohealing more damage than he's taking lol
Gotta have some harem in my anime!

Well I just figured it would be a reasonable, at least partially linear sense of progression. Maybe show Kirito dealing with his social anxiety by making a party with what's her name and then they quest to the 100th floor.

Instead, we're nearly halfway through the game by the 2nd episode, an entire world of politics and what not has developed that we're barely given any information on, and the guy has become a personable badass going around solving other people's problems. It's just really weird progression.

it's weird because of how the LN is ...
Also Kirito has yet to show everything yet.
The purpose of these eps is actually to give you information on SAO.

She's not a one-off character? Fuck.
Funny how people assume there is an harem in SAO when the opening is pretty clear on what's happening ..
There is no harem there

Articalys

I sense that most of the actual episode discussion today was on SAO, partially because of how available the original novel translations are. I like worldbuilding, but I think part of why these episodes feel so weird is because they're apparently based on side stories that weren't part of the original novel? If I remember a bit of what I've heard correctly, the original novel jumps from the events of episode one
straight to a two year timeskip where Kirito and Asuna are working together
? I don't need additional details beyond this, only an answer to confirm or deny it.

Dresden

I sense that most of the actual episode discussion today was on SAO, partially because of how available the original novel translations are. I like worldbuilding, but I think part of why these episodes feel so weird is because they're apparently based on side stories that weren't part of the original novel? If I remember a bit of what I've heard correctly, the original novel jumps from the events of episode one
straight to a two year timeskip where Kirito and Asuna are working together
? I don't need additional details beyond this, only an answer to confirm or deny it.

ya

Articalys

Thanks. I guess when the anime catches up with the original main plot things might start to feel more cohesive.

I think I also remember hearing about how the author is going back through all the original material and side stories, editing it all together to complete a more "definitive" version of the main story, though I'm not as sure about if that's true or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom