• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Actually, the twist in the end is that
Kirito is actually an AI game master who only thought he was a real human being, and that when he wins the game, he effectively kills himself.

spoiler fail. and fixed.

Accel World - Episode 16

If they just kept the entire show in the game world, it would be a pretty solid shounen action show. Too bad they're obliged to adapt all the crappy real world stuff as well. Can't wait to see Silver Crow fuck shit up again next week. But judging from the preview, there are going to be dangerous real world scenes I need to skip in the next episode. Aaaaaaah. Lol.

So... you liked it?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
What if the end reveals that everything was in Kirito's head as he dies from sleep deprivation and dehydration from playing an MMO for several days straight? And then a middle aged Japanese woman comes out and stares disapprovingly at the viewer while shaking her head?
That's the Welcome to the NHK-esque ending that I'd want!

Dude, you hate the show with the burning passion. Come on.
You tell me - where's the hope? :p

I think Kokoro will eventually lead up to
Taichi being the most difficult one to fix also I don't think the other 2 girls will end up liking him. It seems he already has a girl he likes and the leader knows that already.
The teaser points to some potential complications to the uber-harem next week, so we'll see how that goes. lol

And, I suppose at least episode 4 had probably the best anime endings ever in terms of just straight up laughs. lol

Kirito is actually an AI game master who only thought he was a real human being, and that when he wins the game, he effectively kills himself.
Oh, so like Ghost in the Shell then?

Narag

Black Magic M-66

Hey, something else I'd seen that before I'd forgotten about. This is a 1987 sci-fi/action OVA loosely based on the Masamune Shirow manga of the same name. It ended up pretty damn good. The premise is these perfect anti-personnel humanoid robots are lost during transport. They activate themselves and special forces goes in to retrieve them. The issue is they shipped with a test program so they're after a particular target: their creator's granddaughter. The plucky freelance reporter following all of this finds herself getting involved when circumstances arise such that only she and the robots know where the granddaughter is.

This is self-contained which is a strong point in of itself but it's got all that crazy 80s OVA flair to it what with the vehicles and, well, the robots. It's very evocative of some earlier 80s Hollywood films too. Now this part I'm not entirely sure of but some elements feel like they'd been lightly adapted from First Blood like the military planning scenes in the woods or how the Major reminded me quite of a bit of Trautman but I haven't watched that in a while so I might be off some. I am sure though that at its core, it's this lovely homage to The Terminator especially when the unstoppable killing machine part kicks into high gear.

RwEbml.png
dQqxcl.png

JgTKxl.png
tUFYMl.png

dNCx2l.png
ydunDl.png

That lovely 80s OVA feel. So good.

Kirito is actually an AI game master who only thought he was a real human being, and that when he wins the game, he effectively kills himself.[/spoilr]
But then they show some programmers copy and pasting Kirito's code, challenging the viewer to question the meaning of self and its relation to cloning.

Defuser

Kokoro Connect ep 4
Dammit Taichi, this kind shit should be taken to the grave but you still say it. But goddamn, you got rewarded with the same shit from a attractive girl after that. I'm not sure whether that was a boss move or plain dumb.

Narag

It's just weird that in Kokoro, the guy has basically
built up a harem, but they have - at least up until now - avoided having him deal with the only other guy in the group in any serious/meaningful manner

Yeah but I think that'll cause drama in of itself. Maybe we'll get a body switch where one girl lies about her real identity to just be with him which leads to further zaniness. I'd rather they go all out and blow it all up with crazy awkward melodrama that distorts and test friendships but I figure they won't be that bold.

Pooya

Sword Art Online 4

loool. someone gif Silica turning red.

so is Kirito going to meet a new girl every episode? Asuna better be back next time...

See this infamous Angel Beats! (another P.A. Works classic) Keyframe (yes, keyframe. it's not an in-between no matter what some might say)

abeats1f.jpg

I've seen this image posted a thousand times and every time I look at it, I'm still not sure what problem I'm supposed to be seeing.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
This again? Why do you guys keep posting Angel Beats!? Nitpicking the smallest issue. I'd hate for yall to be critics. You'd give everything lower than a fucking 5 on a scale from 1-10. Jeez.

NewFresh

This again? Why do you guys keep posting Angel Beats!? Nitpicking the smallest issue. I'd hate for yall to be critics. You'd give everything lower than a fucking 5 on a scale from 1-10. Jeez.

I have standards. It's not my fault most anime does not live up to them.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah but I think that'll cause drama in of itself. Maybe we'll get a body switch where one girl lies about her real identity to just be with him which leads to further zaniness. I'd rather they go all out and blow it all up with crazy awkward melodrama that distorts and test friendships but I figure they won't be that bold.
That almost sounds like Secret Base needs to play at the end of the series if that happened. lol

In Kirito
He's no Batman. :(

That would require people to have actually played deeply into that.
I'm sure the Japanese did!

wonzo

Banned
Space Bros 18

iIAm6PklovHaT.gif

slick moves

That was the first time I've seen
Kenji so unhinged over a rather stupid and petty remark.
Fortunately,
he sorts it all out by solving the greatest mystery of our time, a mystery that not even the classics club could handle. Thats right, I'm talking about the meaning of ka-pe!

I've seen this image posted a thousand times and every time I look at it, I'm still not sure what problem I'm supposed to be seeing.
please tell me what it's like to watch anime while suffering from glaucoma

Kokoro Connect ep 4
Dammit Taichi, this kind shit should be taken to the grave but you still say it. But goddamn, you got rewarded with the same shit from a attractive girl after that. I'm not sure whether that was a boss move or plain dumb.
Well based on his reward it was a boss move.

sleepykyo

Ghost in the Shell
And as much as I like the world and the ideas, I can't imagine how they could drag this out to a 52 episode anime series. I'm not even sure that I'd want to check out the sequel because where else can you go after that ending?

Different focus, GitS tv is more police story than anything else, although there is some existentialist stuff in the background.

Branduil

Ghost in the Shell

And as much as I like the world and the ideas, I can't imagine how they could drag this out to a 52 episode anime series.

The series doesn't tell the same story as the anime. It's basically a futuristic procedural with a mix of episodic and serial content.

Instro

The dire news about the lack of anime for the next few weeks has caused us to revert to Angel Beats talk. Truly a dark day.

survivor

Banned

My mean score on MAL is 6.14. I should be a tougher critic

jbug617

Banned
Kokoro Connect ep 4

He has connections to all 3 girls and he was close to saying
I love you while talking to Nagase. What would happen if he decides to confess his love and it's a different girl in the body

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom