• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

Chitanda is evil incarnate.

Other than that the show is alright.

So tsundere.

itCAFAXqxycjx.gif

Natsuyuki Rendezvous 07

Another really beautiful episode, but, unfortunately, I do have one or two complaints and worries.

Although somewhat foreseeable, a few of Shimao's actions in this episode, particularly having sex with Rokka, were rather disappointing and further established him as the character I like the least. Although the writing seems to want to portray him in a highly sympathetic manner, he ultimately takes a few steps back whenever his selfishness goes into overdrive. He also lacks the clairvoyance to understand how this could end up hurting Rokka quite a bit, if ever she learns the truth. He's still quite sympathetic, but his inability to let go has been dragged on for too long, and I'm hoping this development will finally occur in the next episode.

Hazuki continues to be considerably more intriguing, which is why the lack of focus on his character over the last several episodes has been rather disappointing. He's nearly become completely secondary. His selflessness in his ability and willingness to carry the burden of both Shimao and Rokka allows his character to be far more endearing than Shimao's. Due to the present circumstances, I was rather hoping there wouldn't be any further progress in the relationship between Hazuki and Rokka until he returned, but, unfortunately, he's completely missed out on most of the significant developments that have happened up to this point, all of which might then be seriously threatened if she becomes aware of Shimao's existence within his body. I hope he'll be able to return soon though, so there could actually be some meaningful growth between them before the story concludes.

All in all, a thoroughly interesting, melancholic, and beautiful episode, that was lessened a bit due to a few problems I have with the narrative. It remains one of the best of the year though, without question, and I do have confidence that it will conclude the story in a satisfying and intelligent fashion.

Articalys

Natsuyuki Rendezvous 07

Another really beautiful episode, but, unfortunately, I do have one or two complaints and worries.

Although somewhat foreseeable, a few of Shimao's actions in this episode, particularly having sex with Rokka, were rather disappointing and further established him as the character I like the least. Although the writing seems to want to portray him in a highly sympathetic manner, he ultimately takes a few steps back whenever his selfishness goes into overdrive. He also lacks the clairvoyance to understand how this could end up hurting Rokka quite a bit, if ever she learns the truth. He's still quite sympathetic, but his inability to let go has been dragged on for too long, and I'm hoping this development will finally occur in the next episode.

Hazuki continues to be considerably more intriguing, which is why the lack of focus on his character over the last several episodes has been rather disappointing. He's nearly become completely secondary. His selflessness in his ability and willingness to carry the burden of both Shimao and Rokka allows his character to be far more endearing than Shimao's. Due to the present circumstances, I was rather hoping there wouldn't be any further progress in the relationship between Hazuki and Rokka until he returned, but, unfortunately, he's completely missed out on most of the significant developments that have happened up to this point, all of which might then be seriously threatened if she becomes aware of Shimao's existence within his body. I hope he'll be able to return soon though, so there could actually be some meaningful growth between them before the story concludes.

All in all, a thoroughly interesting, melancholic, and beautiful episode, that was lessened a bit due to a few problems I have with the narrative. It remains one of the best of the year though, without question, and I do have confidence that it will conclude the story in a satisfying and intelligent fashion.
I agree strongly with all of this.
Hazuki being locked out of all the real-world character development and still being stuck inside Atsushi's storybook dreams or whatever isn't what I was hoping for.

On the other hand,
mermaid Rokka-chan with Hazuki's shirt is adorable

Novid

Banned
1 KyoAni show
2 Shaft shows
That alone sounds like the perfect fall season.

we need some of that stuff in the states. Im so fucking pissed off at the US animation fanbases wanting saban back. and how they fucking up wwe even worse than is now.

how does facism taste now you fucking brony sons of bitches.

I agree strongly with all of this.
Hazuki being locked out of all the real-world character development and still being stuck inside Atsushi's storybook dreams or whatever isn't what I was hoping for.

On the other hand,
mermaid Rokka-chan with Hazuki's shirt is adorable

Indeed.
The start of the show promised a direction that it altered all too suddenly. The storybook approach was rather interesting at first, but lately it's only been used as a device to confirm and theorize whatever is happening in the real world. I'm hoping that we'll get at least two episodes of proper development between Rokka and Hazuki before the end.

For anyone who's interested, here's the preview for the next episode.

NeonZ

I wonder if the people who work on Kingdom have any pride in their work.

Well, it depends on how much they hate working for that studio, I guess. I'm pretty bad at drawing, but I like some of my illustrations. Maybe seeing their work moving on screen might be nice, even if there are some big flaws?

Then, again, I'm not a professional artist forced to work for hours for presumably bad wages, unlike them...

Hagure Yuusha no Estetica 6
tumblr_m8pcjqr9Qq1qkbxan.jpg

Akkii and K are really cool, the slepnier bike subplot point was fun and gave great scenes. Though pretty ridiculous when the girl touched it and her clothes were completely ripped off. Ake no Tasogare was a interesting premise for the action and such.
especially with the Akkii and K combo at the end to truly save the day

wonzo

Banned
Natsuyuki Rendezvous 7

Yeah, I have to agree that
the sketchbook stuff was neat at first but effectively walling of Hazuki's character development really isn't helping this show at all and the sooner they get this over and done with, the better.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Polar Bear Cafe 20
gdOnsl.jpg

Why does a turtle have suits?

OgpLJl.jpg

I knew I was right about pandas!

clMrUl.jpg

I think this is the true sad relationship anime of the season. I figure Handa is going to get cockblocked by his animal friends until episode 30 or 40. :p

Eureka Seven 1

Attacking the backlog in earnest. Anyway, I think AO started off much better and faster. Theres no real sense of immediacy in anything and all the groups thus introduced are just bland. The military group and then the random three dude observers arent good so far. Ao, is definitely much better than Renten was (JYB doesnt sound so great as him, IMO). However, I guess Renten does seem interesting enough to want to follow, assuming Renten does get involved fast and doesnt dwadle... The girl is really annoying unfortunately, but Nirvash is cool (car mode, what even, nice). Guess Ill keep watching it whenever.

madp

The Light of El Cantare

I love how often that scenes in Kingdom are reliant on emphasis lines because they can't seem to find any other way to convey that what's happening on screen is actually supposed to be dramatic or exciting or whatever.

wonzo

Banned
we need some of that stuff in the states. Im so fucking pissed off at the US animation fanbases wanting saban back. and how they fucking up wwe even worse than is now.

how does facism taste now you fucking brony sons of bitches.
Umm, what does a political ideology like Fascism have to do with an obsessive fanbase?

I love how often that scenes in Kingdom are reliant on emphasis lines because they can't seem to find any other way to convey that what's happening on screen is actually supposed to be dramatic or exciting or whatever.
It's even more hilarious with the music, sound effects and OVERLY DRAMATIC VOICE ACTING.

cajunator

Banned
Hyouka 02

Yall weren't kidding when you said this show was slow and kind of boring at first.
I watched one episode and then was so lulled to sleep I didnt wake up till 7 pm.
Chitanda is super cute though and Mayaka isnt bad. Kind of a show about cute girls being cutely curious about boring things.

Woah wait, To Love Ru Darkness is the "a cat is fine too" thing? Sheeeit.It's cool bro, I'm with you on this one. ...okay, yeah, that worries me a bit, but I suppose it can't be helped.This pleases me in so very many ways.

No, A cat is fine too started from a Tsukihime doujin called "That's why I assult Ren"

:D

Cajun, your Seal of Cute's gonna take longer, 'cause I'm gonna draw that one.

Take your time :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom