• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultimadrago

Sengoku Collection 20

By the way, looks who's back.
oo5Om.jpg

We meet again, "Faec".

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Sengoku Collection 20:

0U5bUl.jpg

derpface isn't just for Kanetsugu anymore

Oh, so that's how it all happened. Okay.
Sengoku NTR has pretty significant consequences, apparently!
Also, finally a Mouri Ranmaru that actually is a woman! Unfortunately no signs of any kind of yuri relationship with Nobunaga though, hahah. The one moment where the show could have been improved by actually remaining faithful to history and they don't do it!

attn cajun: there's implied Ieyasu nudity in this episode so get to it if this is to your liking

At least the background department was ON FIRE as usual. Here are this week's highlights:

And a nice HATERS GONNA HATE walk, courtesy Hideyoshi:

wHevdl.gif

Articalys

Round 1, Day 3 Results:

A03
1st 224 Nako Oshimizu @ Hanasaku Iroha
2nd 172 Maria Takayama @ Boku Wa Tomodachi Ga Sukunai
3rd 106 Mero Furuya @ Sankarea

A07
1st 291 Yuuki Kataoka @ Saki
2nd 136 Rika Shiguma @ Boku Wa Tomodachi Ga Sukunai
3rd 87 Tiffania Westwood @ Zero's Familiar

A11
1st 274 Koromo Amae @ Saki
2nd 180 Lynette Bishop @ Strike Witches
3rd 65 Charlotte E Yeager @ Strike Witches

-----------------------------------------------

I have no idea what today's picture has to do with anything.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I wouldn't know what this was if it weren't for Haly. Thanks Haly.

P.S. What's the general opinion on Hyouka in here? I have asked about it before, but only got a few responses. Is it divided, or is it generally well liked?

madp

The Light of El Cantare

P.S. What's the general opinion on Hyouka in here? I have asked about it before, but only got a few responses. Is it divided, or is it generally well liked?

Consensus is pretty much that it's extremely well-produced and in spite of a few dull and tedious early episodes it gets progressively better until it finally hits the Festival Arc which is pretty much one of the greatest things evar.

survivor

Banned

It's great. And gets even better when you get to the later arcs.

It's hard to argue that Destiny doesn't start well - it's arguably got one of the strongest set of opening episodes of any TV Gundam.

It's just a shame it doesn't really stay that way.

I'm skipping lots of parts through the episodes though, I dunno if someone else does the same. I skip most part of the fights and non important conversations. :p

Ignoring the fact that it contains one of the worst female characters in all anime, its actually probably up there for one of the top anime of the year, its a really good school setting anime with fun characters that make the potentially boring source material actually come to life and remain interesting enough to watch. Satoshi and Houtarou are amazing as is some of the visuals genjutsus.

episodes 1 - 11 are boring and pretentious
episodes 12> were still pretentious but not so boring anymore

Steroyd

Ignoring the fact that it contains one of the worst female characters in all anime, its actually probably up there for one of the top anime of the year, its a really good school setting anime with fun characters that make the potentially boring source material actually come to life and remain interesting enough to watch. Satoshi and Houtarou are amazing as is some of the visuals genjutsus.

It's been a while since I've read your posts, I almost missed the baiting.

It is an excellent show. It starts off a bit slow, but pleasant, then with the end of the film arc and the entire festival arc ascends to S-tier anime. Production values - direction, animation, music - are consistently top-notch, and the character moments are very well done.

Necrovex

It is an excellent show. It starts off a bit slow, but pleasant, then with the end of the film arc and the entire festival arc ascends to S-tier anime. Production values - direction, animation, music - are consistently top-notch, and the character moments are very well done.

Now if I could only find a legal stream of it. :'-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom