• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Man, your review makes me excited to get the Blu-ray collection of Hellsing Ultimate in the fall. I stopped watching around episode 5.

Oh, also, is Hellsing Ultimate completed? The long wait became a major issue to my continued interest of it.

Not yet, episode X should be coming out soon though.

Hakuouki Reimeiroku 6
tumblr_m8rihh9YC51qdviero1_500.png

Susume is great, hope he gets tons of screentime. The furies, medically enhanced warriors are precious and deadly, frightening ibuki, who stil doesnt warm up to swords :(

Some interesting facts on the just-released Kuroko no Basket PSP game:

Nice to see fujoshis basically supporting the series.

Man, female nerds are just as bad as the male ones. Except they have to imagine it because no one is going to make Yuru Yuri with an all male cast. :p

It'll probably happen soon enough. It's currently an untapped market just waiting for the next big thing to strike.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Heh, I didn't expect that you would consider the ending a troll. :p

Nice to see fujoshis basically supporting the series.

It'll probably happen soon enough. It's currently an untapped market just waiting for the next big thing to strike.
I'd watch it because it would be amazing. I guess the male version of the random breast grab to compare sizes would be guys randomly grabbing each other's crotches. lol

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I'd watch it because it would be amazing. I guess the male version of the random breast grab to compare sizes would be guys randomly grabbing each other's crotches. lol

I'd watch it. I'm long overdue for some penance for not complaining about all of the unrealistic faux-yuri stuff that happens in anime targeted at male otaku, hahah. It's part of the reason that I marathoned Miracle Train the other week.

wonzo

Banned
They should animate proto-Hellsing as an extra.
I can see it now. "Announcement: Hirano's earlier masterpieces are finally being adapted for the first time! This animated OVA series will be brought to you by the studio behind the award winning TSF Monogatari adaptation!"

Thoraxes

I know the TV anime is going to be censored to hell and back but it does look like Xebec is trying this time.

Regardless, I approve of their work so far.

I don't know if it's getting an AT-X airing like Motto! did, but regardless, we're getting BDs, and they will be glorious.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
To Love Ru Darkness OVA 1

WE ARE OVA NO CENSORS!

And holy fuck, they got the art spot on!

Also...

http://i.minus.com/i2NXwn3JqXyyw.gif

imouto heaven.
I hate this already. lol

You kidding, I was on the edge of my seat. :(

Yumina needs to hang out with the gang more often, I loved her role in this episode.
She's basically a main character by the end. Also, gotta love your dedication to yuri. :p

Someone needs to fund this stat.

Think of all the fujoshis not spending money.

I'd watch it. I'm long overdue for some penance for not complaining about all of the unrealistic faux-yuri stuff that happens in anime targeted at male otaku, hahah. It's part of the reason that I marathoned Miracle Train the other week.
Yaoru Yaoi!, coming in 2013.

I believe!

Instro

Jojo TV starts in October and will air on MBS, CBC, Tokyo MX, and various other networks.

Cast:
Jonathan: Kazuyuki Okitsu
Dio: Takehito Koyasu
Zeppelin: Yoku Shioya
Speedwagon: Youji Ueda
Erina: Ayako Kawasumi

Staff:
Director: Naokatsu Tsuda
Series Director: Kenichi Suzuki
Visual Director: Yasufumi Soejima
Series Composition: Yasuko Kobayashi
Character Design/Chief Animation Director: Takako Shimizu
Music: Hayato Matsuo
Animation Production: David Production

Well at least there is one good staff member.

trejo

Saint Seiya Omega episode whatever

Wait, what? So Shiryu
has been taking care of the Libra cloth all this time but all of a sudden some other dude is the one who actually gets to wear it
? Man this is some bullshit.

And I see Shunrei is still as bland and uninteresting as ever. Some things just never change.

Hidamari Sketch x365 1

An excellent way to open this second season, with the best episode of the series yet. There are numerous elements that make it stand out:

- It changes up the formula. Most episodes of Hidamari Sketch follow a predicable pattern: there's some birds and a shot of the school clock, Yuno's alarm goes off, she wakes up and gets ready for the day, she hangs out with the other girls in the apartment at school and home, she takes a bath and goes to bed: a day in the life. This one not only covers multiple days, but also turns the clock back to Yuno's high school entrance exam and first moving into her apartment, thus allowing us to see the characters before their group dynamic gets established. It provides a good opportunity to reintroduce everyone at the beginning of this new season as well.

- Great animation. The big standout is the opening scene, featuring Yuno and her mother desparately sprinting to the exam, which has some of the best running sakuga I've seen outside Nichijou.

2fCbc.jpg

See this in motion here. Background animation!

Overall the character animation is much more lively and expressive than usual (I particularly liked Miyako's speedy slurping). It's no surprise to see animators like Genichirou Abe and Ryo Imamura popping up here. The general quality of animation in Shaft shows may be poor, but when when they do put skilled animators to work the exaggerated result is quite attractive.

- Creative, energetic storyboarding courtesy of Tatsuya Oishi's genius. There's clever framing, quick cuts, and the textual interjections you'd expect from the director of Bakemonogatari, from simple descriptions

to Japanese proverbs.

4HwHr.jpg

Aka, "Hana yori dango", aka, "Food before art."

There was one particular visual metaphor which was quite effective, showing Yuno's shyness and loneliness in her new surroundings being broken through by the light of Miyako's outgoing nature and spontaneous affection for her, symbolizes by the nickname she comes up with for her - Yunocchi. The music and the active camera work combine to make an exhilirating and heartwarming scene.

It is only after this scene that the 4-3-2-1 countdown traditionally starting each episode kicks in, as if to say that now is when the story of Hidamari Sketch truly starts. It is at moments like these that the overall non-chronological ordering of the show pays off.

After all the work of his that I've seen, I feel comfortable saying that Tatsuya Oishi is the single greatest Shinbo disciple. He understands the style in a way few others have been able to approach.

cajunator

Banned
Hyouka 03

Damn this is slow. Some asshole is hiding the Classics club anthologies and Oreki figures it out.
Chitanda is unbelievably cute when she sneezes.

Easily. He's into BSDM and his ears bother the crap out of me.

What's the deal with To-Love-Ru? Typical harem stuff just with the guys sister wanting to do him too?

Yep.

Uchip

Banned
I don't know what to love ru is
but from the screencaps and fuss over how it is uncensored id rather not
the type of show you find at the 2$ bargain bin at JBHifi

cajunator

Banned
I don't know what to love ru is
but from the screencaps and fuss over how it is uncensored id rather not
the type of show you find at the 2$ bargain bin at JBHifi

Toloveru is actually pretty well made.
The first two seasons are haremshit but nicely done. The girls are cute and the story is fun. They are aliens with awesome little devil tails with a heart. Its glorious.

Sounds like Hobo was right then, you just experience it.

Pretty much.

TLR is pretty mediocre tbh. Probably should just read a synthesis and start with Darkness. That's about when mangaka's waifu left him and stole his daughter and he reached enlightenment.

As we all know, tormented artists make the best art. It's historically sound!

cajunator

Banned
Pretty much.

TLR is pretty mediocre tbh. Probably should just read a synthesis and start with Darkness. That's about when mangaka's waifu left him and stole his daughter and he reached enlightenment.

As we all know, tormented artists make the best art. It's historically sound!

Lol. This is so true too.
Yoshitoshi ABe made Haibane Renmei when he was really depressed.

Also, on to Hyouka 04. Somebody keep me awake.

Easily. He's into BSDM and his ears bother the crap out of me.

What's the deal with To-Love-Ru? Typical harem stuff just with the guys sister wanting to do him too?

I'll just repost this.

To-love ru is a relatively standard harem series that's maybe slightly more risque than the norm. However, it was prematurely cancelled after the author's wife went fuckin nuts and stole their daughter.

It was brought back in the form of To-love ru Darkness after everything had been sorted out, but this time it moved from Weekly Shounen Jump to Jump Square, the monthly version where the author could get away with a lot more. This was also around the time of the Youth Ordinance bill, so the theory is the guy decided to see just how far he could take the series without it getting cancelled. The result was a product constantly skirting the line between okay and not okay, venturing far past the latter on more than 1 occasion. There is even 1 chapter where
a completely uncensored vagina is visible in the reflection of a character's eye,
something that the editors may or may not have caught.

It's just something that needs to be experienced.

If you're really interested in this stuff, you could always scour the world of yaoi OVAs such as Ai no Kusabi and Tight-rope. (Warning: View at your own risk.)

Cwarrior

Kingdom ep1-2

One man isn't enough to cover all the glorious gif potential this has, there a gif worthy scene around every 20secs, we need to recruit more brave selfless gaffers with gif skillz to do this justice.

Truly the future of anime where everything is cg even the god man floor.It's like the anime team pooled all there money together and bought a ps1 dev kit then made a cg anime with an anime budget and anime frame rate.

-characters animate like puppets it's pretty scary to look at
-low frame rate

All it's missing is a euro dance beat soundtrack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom