• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
He was still Batman throughout the entire episode. A spare fur coat, potions, almost running up the wall, I'm surprised he just didn't already have the damn crystals from the start.
He has the resources of Batman, but they stopped glorifying him for being a self-pitying dick. lol

Yall are joining the losing side. Gotta choose the OTP: AsunaxKirito.
That's the thing though, Asuna just sucks. Liz >
Kirito's sister
(I assume) > Silica >
Girl who died and left the message
> Asuna.

Branduil

It's interesting how anime turns things that might theoretically be interesting given a very specific context, like metatextuality or genrsaviness, into everyday occurrences with no thought put into them. It's just part of that checklist that has to be ticked.

OTOH some anime will occasionally get this right, like Baccano!

Some people pretend to be girls to get free stuff from dudes...

Not that i've totally done it or anything because it was easy to manipulate people...

You play girls because you don't wanna stare at a dude's ass for 100s of hours. Dude.

Also, it's plain obvious that the designers spend way more time designing female "armors" than dudes.

Joshiraku 01

So are the girls in this show supposed to be hard-core right wing nationalists? What was the deal with the part where they asked Korea to give back their people, China to give back their tech, and (I think) Russia to give back their land?

Dresden

I'm glad more people are seeing Asuna for what she is: worst girl.

He was still Batman throughout the entire episode. A spare fur coat, potions, almost running up the wall, I'm surprised he just didn't already have the damn crystals from the start.

Fur coat was there in episode 3, though. He obviously keeps it around for cold environments. Same goes for potions--dude is a frontliner.

It's within a game ... why did you want a realitic weaponsmithing ?

It's so obviously a MMO weaponsmithing scene... I'm surprised there wasn't a little message saying Blacksmithing +1 after it was done.

Mandoric

Banned
Joshiraku 01

So are the girls in this show supposed to be hard-core right wing nationalists? What was the deal with the part where they asked Korea to give back their people, China to give back their tech, and (I think) Russia to give back their land?

Kumeta just kinda hates everyone, himself mostso. You'll get used to him.

Thoraxes

You play girls because you don't wanna stare at a dude's ass for 100s of hours. Dude.

Also, it's plain obvious that the designers spend way more time designing female "armors" than dudes.

It's why I play XIV.

s5D5L.jpg

I'm glad more people are seeing Asuna for what she is: worst girl.

Fur coat was there in episode 3, though. He obviously keeps it around for cold environments. Same goes for potions--dude is a frontliner.

It's so obviously a MMO weaponsmithing scene... I'm surprised there wasn't a little message saying Blacksmithing +1 after it was done.

Worst girl is Sachi in my opinion.

Best girl won't be seen for quite a few episodes:
Yui

Most pointless character is Silica. She's the worst character if we discount Sachi, since Sachi's dead and all.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Tari Tari 7

Damn. That's a horrific cliffhanger.
Falling off a horse with no helmet can lead to a serious injury all the way to paralysis
. Oh the preview ruined everything by showing the outcome isn't as bad as it could be. Nice...

Soma

Sword Art Online Episode 07
ibh4McgPNAslmW.jpg

Best girl aside, this was a silly episode in a silly show.

Welp, we've somehow missed miles of razor sharp crystals and fell into this convenient hole and only lost half our HP. Oh btw, this hole is actually a Dragon nest and the thing we've been looking for just happens to right here. Oh and I just remembered Dragons are nocturnal so it'll be returnin- oh there it is! Just in time. Well let's try to get on its back and hope that it'll somehow want to fly back outside so we can escape.

Okay maybe that was a little harsh but it was still pretty silly.

And oh look Asuna comes back to ruin everything. Way to go.

That's the thing though, Asuna just sucks. Liz >
Kirito's sister
(I assume) > Silica >
Girl who died and left the message
> Asuna.

Word.

Tari Tari 7

Damn. That's a horrific cliffhanger.
Falling off a horse with no helmet can lead to a serious injury all the way to paralysis
. Oh the preview ruined everything by showing the outcome isn't as bad as it could be. Nice...

I actually forgot that the preview showed that.

Oh the days where the preview spoils everything about the next episode.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Joshiraku 01

I guess that when you devote your life to Rakugo, the traditionalism eventually works its way into every aspect of your life.

Seriously, though, someone in the thread told me that they thought the "give us our land back" was a reference to the Kuril Islands based on the direction that they were pointing. For some reason I wasn't paying attention to direction and automatically assumed that they were referring to something big like Manchuria, which I hope wasn't the case because that would have been in incredibly poor taste.

Mandoric

Banned
I guess that when you devote your life to Rakugo, the traditionalism eventually works its way into every aspect of your life.

Seriously, though, someone in the thread told me that they thought the "give us our land back" was a reference to the Kuril Islands based on the direction that they were pointing. For some reason I wasn't paying attention to direction and automatically assumed that they were referring to something big like Manchuria, which I hope wasn't the case because that would have been in incredibly poor taste.

Yeah, it's the Kurils / NK's kidnappings / Kumeta likes to ride Chinese industrial espionage a lot, he had a few chapters about it in SZS.

And then he turns around and picks apart how retarded Japanese traditionalism can be.

Like I said, hates everyone.

duckroll

Bad Waifus Online - Episode 7

So it has come down to this. We have to pick sides and choose between Asuna and Lizbeth. But as an enlightened soul I choose to reject both the Warrior Waifu and the Baka Smith. I choose to play Genki Imouto Online instead with Silica and her dragon. Team Silica is the only true choice. I wish Kirito got stuck in an ep4 loop forever. I would watch 10 episodes of "filler" with Silica.
I swear it on Sachi's grave.

As for the episode itself, it wasn't very good, but wasn't particularly painful either. Except for Lizbeth, who seems pretty dumb and awful. The CG backgrounds, the CG snow, and the CG dragon made it all okay, because they were bad, and bad things are in good company with a bad character. Who said multiple wrongs don't make a right? SAO says otherwise!

P.S. SILICA > YOUR WAIFU :p

Taruranto

So it has come down to this. We have to pick sides and choose between Asuna and Lizbeth. But as an enlightened soul I choose to reject both the Warrior Waifu and the Baka Smith. I choose to play Genki Imouto Online instead with Silica and her dragon. Team Silica is the only true choice. I wish Kirito got stuck in an ep4 loop forever. I would watch 10 episodes of "filler" with Silica.

As for the episode itself, it wasn't very good, but wasn't particularly painful either. Except for Lizbeth, who seems pretty dumb and awful. The CG backgrounds, the CG snow, and the CG dragon made it all okay, because they were bad, and bad things are in good company with a bad character. Who said multiple wrongs don't make a right? SAO says otherwise!

Is the CG dragon a sex metaphor?

Only in otakus' dreams. Well, some do, but you probably don't want a relationship with the kind of person who does that.

i met so many people while i was playing ragnarok online and i know many peopel that were found and are still do this day in a relationship ...love can bloom anywhere ... ( i learned that in metal gear solid )

This is such a blatant fallacy.

Asuna >
Sinon
>
Yui
>>> Sachi > Lizbeth >>>>>
Suguha
>Silica

Edit: Also, Asuna is far more useful than any of the other girls in SAO.

Truth in there ^^^

Yui is better than everyone except asuna ..

Mandoric

Banned
Kumeta also hates likes to make fun of Akamatsu Ken apparently.

Yep, they have a faux-feud.

He'll also BS about being used as a stepping stone by Kenjiro Hata, who was his assistant before writing Hayate. (If they hated each other that much, Hata wouldn't go out of his way to appear -as a character with voiced lines- when they adapt this bitching into an anime.)

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

You've already lost the war that's only just begun. I pity you.

Sword Art Online - 07

So we finally get to meet Lizbeth. Seeing how they portrayed crafting in the game was pretty cool.. brings back memories. The episode was decent at first, not too boring but not as entertaining as I hoped it to be. Though it ended on a very sour note with
Asuna interrupting the moment between Kirito and Liz. Followed by Liz jumping to conclusions and developing a defeatist attitude at the hopes of being with Kirito. So fucking sick of writers making the better girls give up so easily.

This may be my cue to bail out of this one, I can only put up with bullshit for so long.

Fucking SAO. I can't believe it's degenerated into waifu-wars so quickly.

We would've been there sooner if we got the best girl in episode 01 instead of 07.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It isn't like there's anything else to talk about it. Probably besides more nitpicking at it.
Show hit its nadir with sandwich death. Nothing else worth discussing.
I guess that's true. I'm just disappointed that it turned into standard haremshit so quickly. No more #hatewatching. :(

that's why youtube exists
Yeah, but he's gotta experience in context and uncensored!

Okay, this honestly made me laugh out loud. XD
The truth can be funny too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom