• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I should probably mention that Kirito is a prodigy of sorts. They didn't really mention that in the anime but it's pretty much a gimme in the LN.

Firemind

prodigy [ˈprɒdɪdʒɪ]
n pl -gies
1. a person, especially a child or young person, having extraordinary talent or ability: a musical prodigy.
2. a marvelous example (usually followed by of ).
3. something wonderful or marvelous; a wonder.
4. something abnormal or monstrous.
5. Archaic . something extraordinary regarded as of prophetic significance.

nope

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
prodigy [ˈprɒdɪdʒɪ]
n pl -gies
1. a person, especially a child or young person, having extraordinary talent or ability: a musical prodigy.
2. a marvelous example (usually followed by of ).
3. something wonderful or marvelous; a wonder.
4. something abnormal or monstrous.
5. Archaic . something extraordinary regarded as of prophetic significance.

nope

I never said why he's a prodigy.

Branduil

Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse 8

Anytime there's a flashback to the first two episodes, the more I wish it was its own thing given how divorced it is from the actual show. I think they might carry a greater weight if we're catching glimpses of remembered violence from Yui's past rather than it being recycled clips. More setup but next ep looks like it'll be some action.

Man I feel embarrassed for you Naraq; you accidentally posted screencaps from a PS2 game instead of an anime.

Space Brothers 11:
This latest test is pretty awesome, and we get to see Mutta interacting with some different characters than he normally does. I love seeing characters put through psychological trials and trying to break down what makes them tick. We also get some nice reflection on mortality, and some great comedy from Serika.

Just another pleasing episode all around, with some nice direction and really well used music.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
One Piece - 524

YBEPr.jpg

Man, I love it when they do group jokes.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Oda Nobuna no Yabou 07:

Bad episode. Too much perving, too many lolis, not enough everything else. The only good thing was the introduction of a shadowy league of new antagonists, but when you know that the show is at least kind of trying to follow history, it's impossible for any real tension to take root. Wake me up when Akechi Mitsuhide makes an appearance.

"distasteful"

I don't know if you're implying that I don't understand the concept of "distasteful", but no, I don't think that Mayoi's arc is distasteful given the brevity of the questionable content. The good heavily outweighs the bad.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I thought the height of comedy was someone saying something stupid, and then everyone reacting to it in an exaggerated manner, possibly with mild physical violence.

Actually, just shout whatever you're saying and it immediately becomes funny as hell, even if it wasn't a joke to begin with.

Narag

wat

how did I never catch her name? I saw her this episode and was wondering "where the hell did she come from?"

Granted I've watched pretty much every episode half-asleep, but still.

She sort of gets lost in the shuffle since Dousan is around. It's kinda like the forgotten Loliyasu who apparently exists in nothing but stills anymore.

She sort of gets lost in the shuffle since Dousan is around. It's kinda like the forgotten Loliyasu who apparently exists in nothing but stills anymore.

Well if Basara has thought me anything, Ieyasu isn't important enough to care about besides being kidnapped by everyone till after Nobunaga dies (once).

Jex

The height of comedy is mocking people who are different from you.
I thought the height of comedy was someone saying something stupid, and then everyone reacting to it in an exaggerated manner, possibly with mild physical violence.
Actually, just shout whatever you're saying and it immediately becomes funny as hell, even if it wasn't a joke to begin with.
Come now folks, there's no need to fight. You're ALL correct!

Hyouka 18

F7N2s.gif

One strike!

So great music. Lovely backgrounds. Not a bad mystery either. A little on the slow side, but still really nice to see everyone's reaction to Houtarou's sudden burst of wanting to do anything. Sure, it's not as lively as the festival arc, but it was still really enjoyable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom