• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Lots of yuri.

And breast sucking.

images

Watch Ikkitousen, Queen's Blade and Manyuu Hikenchou while you're at it.

Still need to watch Season 2 of Queen's Blade, seen the rest of what you mentioned already.

survivor

Banned
Joshiraku 4

So much violence in this episode. Typically I'm not that much of a fan of this sort of humour but it definitely worked in this episode. The glasses bit was the strongest part of the episode. Didn't really enjoy the part with the train and I really had no clue what happened in the last part. I feel like I completely missed the point of the rabbit or where the hell it came from.

Joshiraku 4

So much violence in this episode. Typically I'm not that much of a fan of this sort of humour but it definitely worked in this episode. The glasses bit was the strongest part of the episode. Didn't really enjoy the part with the train and I really had no clue what happened in the last part. I feel like I completely missed the point of the rabbit or where the hell it came from.

The rabbit was
the rakugo Master of the girls dressed up in a costume. They said as much.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Not as pronounced as Qwaser, no.

They're all just really silly breast shows.

You will laugh at the absurdity. Guaranteed.

Depends on the kind of absurdity. I never made it past the first episodes of Queen's Blade and Manyuu Hikenchou. Just didn't click.

Tari Tari 8

Wakana is so boss this eps. And that silly song at the end nearly teared me up ;_;

And that dramatic horse riding. Dad is also so tsun~

Amazing stuff. I do wish stuff weren't so durama every eps :/

And fuck... why do i love everything about the ending? The static images, the bench sitting, the song opening.

Kyuur

Hunter x Hunter 2011 44

You hear that? That's the sound of any worry about the Chimera Ant arc being flushed down the toilet. The censorship is completely gone, the animation has ramped up, the soundtrack got a lot better, and it's all happening in one of the best arcs in the series.

I will repeat what I said before. For those that were iffy on it based on the beginning, now is the time to jump on the HxH bandwagon!

I am so, so excited for the Chimera Ant arc now. It will be glorious!

Also: I too say to jump on the HxH bandwagon! It only gets better (imo).

I am so, so excited for the Chimera Ant arc now. It will be glorious!

Also: I too say to jump on the HxH bandwagon! It only gets better (imo).

If the Chimera Ant arc is handled properly, it will be mind blowing stuff. Easily the greatest story arc in the history of shounen manga.

Unfortunately, I think there's a fair amount of stuff in the arc that may prove to be essentially 'unfilmable'. The anime staff will have their work cut out for them there.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Outside of the blacksmith with the giant sword (and rack), they weren't that bad. Thematically Nyx was definitely out there.

Just the sight of Cattleya makes me want to puke. If someone actually finds that attractive, I can only offer my sympathies toward whatever past psychological trauma caused them to be drawn toward grotesquely disfigured female forms.

Tari Tari 08

HYF7B.gif

The light of hope burns bright forevermore, because you are a hero. That's right, you're a hero!

Really great episode. Props for Saya for telling off those annoying choir students. About time someone told off condescending students.

Nice to see everyone rallying around and like the small side about whatever Wien's troubles will be.

If the Chimera Ant arc is handled properly, it will be mind blowing stuff. Easily the greatest story arc in the history of shounen manga.

Unfortunately, I think there's a fair amount of stuff in the arc that may prove to be essentially 'unfilmable'. The anime staff will have their work cut out for them there.

I don't think I'd go that far, but it was definitely interesting. Can't wait even if I do like Greed Island better.

Eureka Seven 7 - 10
tumblr_m91c5rk9KX1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Episode 7 is perhaps the highlight episode for me, or at least, 75% of it. The whole thing with Moondoggie and Renton,
Renton getting all tearful and emotional, their friendship and bonding moment, and then further calling him bro doggie, and him taking special attention of Renton is just so great.
Easily my second favorite character. The rest of the set was alright, especially liked the plot with
the old lady who was affiliated with the other group, and then Renton trying to defend her, and then swooping in to save her the next episode and what not, he's really brave

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Okay, I was kind of an asshole in that last post. I'm into some weird shit myself, I shouldn't criticize anyone else for what they like. Traditional aestheticism plays largely into what I find attractive so I'm just especially mystified by attractions to things that are decidedly not within the natural range of the human form, I guess.

Lurky

Just the sight of Cattleya makes me want to puke. If someone actually finds that attractive, I can only offer my sympathies toward whatever past psychological trauma caused them to be drawn toward grotesquely disfigured female forms.

Seeing cattleya only made my love for loli grow that much more.... ugh...

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Every time I see Tari Tari gif's I get mad. I absolutely hate the character design and some of the animation.

Okay, I was kind of an asshole in that last post. I'm into some weird shit myself, I shouldn't criticize anyone else for what they like. Traditional aestheticism plays largely into what I find attractive so I'm just especially mystified by attractions to things that are decidedly not within the natural range of the human form, I guess.

Because normal is boring.

Firemind

Renaissance and Baroque art were a thing in respectively the 15th/16th and 17th/18th century, so it's not like it's a new phenomenon.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
La storia della Arcana Famiglia 08:

KbsOml.jpg

bon appetite, DTL

I really should have dropped this show when the second episode wasn't the Arcana Duello. Watching this show is just torture now, especially now that there's a really dumb villain subplot.

Also, what kind of cathedral has stained-glass windows depicting pagan occult imagery?

Renaissance and Baroque art were a thing in respectively the 15th/16th and 17th/18th century, so it's not like it's a new phenomenon.

Rubenesque forms weren't really all that out of the ordinary for the time period, especially among the (presumably) upper-class women who served as models for many of the era's paintings.

Sword Art Online 7

;-;

Asuna is still the clear winner of the waifu wars, but Liz definitely lived up to all the hype. Such a moe bro.

Unlike some, I really had no problems with the rapid development of Liz's feelings for Kirito. The dude is swag as fuck, and he has the skill and know-how to back it up. Obviously, there's grounds for complaint about him being so amazing, but given that he is so amazing, it's really no surprise that people react to him the way they do.

Insignificant detail that I appreciated: glorifying heavy, STR-based swords over lightweight DEX-based swords. Just a nice change from the stereotypical grorious nippon katana circlejerk.

Finally, damn you Thoraxes. When the ED started, all I could hear was Linkin Park.

Emitan

I could definitely think of worse ways for the Earth to be invaded.

On another note, I feel like there has to be a (live-action) B sci-fi/horror/nudie movie from the 70s or 80s with that exact premise. I've never heard of such a thing, but I know in my heart it exists, and someday I will find it. Someday.

Let's get a camera and make it

Oh crap, I just realized how awkward that sounds... >_>

Lurky

Sword Art Online 7

;-;

Asuna is still the clear winner of the waifu wars, but Liz definitely lived up to all the hype. Such a moe bro.

Unlike some, I really had no problems with the rapid development of Liz's feelings for Kirito. The dude is swag as fuck, and he has the skill and know-how to back it up. Obviously, there's grounds for complaint about him being so amazing, but given that he is so amazing, it's really no surprise that people react to him the way they do.

Insignificant detail that I appreciated: glorifying heavy, STR-based swords over lightweight DEX-based swords. Just a nice change from the stereotypical grorious nippon katana circlejerk.

Finally, damn you Thoraxes. When the ED started, all I could hear was Linkin Park.

Yeah, all of the best waifus are going to lose to Asuna =[
...or maybe
Klein
?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom