• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Accel World 19

Some pretty cool stuff going on there. Fight should have been longer, but it was good for the most part. Glad we're finally going back to the REAL story next week.

There is something bothering me though. Time in the real world is supposed to pass EXTREMELY slow compared to the accelerated world. So why the hell was Megumi moving around as if they both shared the same passage of time!?

Emitan

Seikon no Qwaser 01

Hmmm... I don't really watch perverted shows but as a boob and thigh girl this show makes me pretty happy. The battle mechanics will hopefully be pretty cool because I've always loved stuff loosely based off alchemy (I have a ton of alchemy books at home >_>)

Jex

[Hyouka] - 18

This episode opens with a discussion of mushroom growing techniques and never gets more interesting than that. The 'mystery' is pretty dull, as you might imagine - "Why did Oreki's middle school teacher say he liked helicopters that one time?" No one cares.

I suppose this was to be expected after the festival arc but it's still disappointing to see.

Lurky

lol. There's no need to apologize.

Anyway, I do think that the rori fanservice colors the tone and intent of the whole arc, yes, though again, tastefulness does not equate to quality. That particular arc has a bit of demented charm to it partly because of the interaction between Ararararararagi and snail loli. Certainly it wasn't ruined in the way the snake loli arc and Nisemonogatari were.

Snake girl might have been a terrible arc but that ending redeemed it. At least to me :p

Seikon no Qwaser 01

Hmmm... I don't really watch perverted shows but as a boob and thigh girl this show makes me pretty happy. The battle mechanics will hopefully be pretty cool because I've always loved stuff loosely based off alchemy (I have a ton of alchemy books at home >_>)

The fighting is also pretty good in the show.

The nipples are animated well too.

mAcOdIn

So, for an uninitiated Patlabor viewer like myself is the TV show better than the movies? Because I just got all three movies, fantastic packaging, shit weighed a ton for a DVD, and so far the first movie isn't doing anything for me.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Why are there so many Chu names on GAF?

qFCXE.jpg

Yuru Yuri 6:

Ahahahahaha, Chinatsu's hilarious. Surprisingly enough, this episode didn't have any overt yuri. It was mainly about Chinatsu being fucking creepy and freaky as shit. She uses Akarin as practice for kissing and then she draws some seriously fucking up drawings and then all of her clay figures are so grotesque that they have to be censored in every frame!

Come to think of it, I think Chinatsu's the best Yuru Yuri!

Emitan

Yuru Yuri 6:

Ahahahahaha, Chinatsu's hilarious. Surprisingly enough, this episode didn't have any overt yuri. It was mainly about Chinatsu being fucking creepy and freaky as shit. She uses Akarin as practice for kissing and then she draws some seriously fucking up drawings and then all of her clay figures are so grotesque that they have to be censored in every frame!

Come to think of it, I think Chinatsu's the best Yuru Yuri!

Chinatsu is great because she is in love with the best Yuru Yuri.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!

Ohhhh... not sure how I didn't get that one.

Binbougami Ga! 06
I'm becoming more and more convinced Momiji and Ichiko are assholes. Keita almost dies because of their stupid antics. I mean, sure, they saved him in the end but if they hadn't started dumb shit in the first place he would have been alright.

Jex

So, for an uninitiated Patlabor viewer like myself is the TV show better than the movies? Because I just got all three movies, fantastic packaging, shit weighed a ton for a DVD, and so far the first movie isn't doing anything for me.

The TV series and the movies are rather different. The first two movies are slow, thoughtful (traditional) Oshii films that may or may not feature robots in them. The main TV series is considerably more lighthearted and comedic.

Branduil

Hyouka 18

imEr6ekI3B5XC.jpg

Dat 2D Helicoptor

Who this episode is for: people who like most of Hyouka

Who this episode isn't for: people who only liked the festival arc

The mystery of this episode is quite pedestrian. What isn't pedestrian is KyoAni's continued commitment to visual mastery. In particular, it feels like someone accidentally added an extra 0 to the budget for background art in this episode:

ibznNXIIhAiOt2.jpg

i7x0BrJF0LaxS.jpg

ibsrUFJHMq8bTP.jpg

I even liked these CG gears:

ibuK4LMEEEmOxp.jpg

As, I said, the "mystery" wasn't really even one.
I did find the ending a bit darkly comedic. "I think he was smiling-oh by the way, the people totally died."
What really excels in this episode is the attention to detail. The library is completely believable as a real location, as a result of all the carefully planned shots that build up a coherent architecture. The character development was also nicely done, with both the initial humor and the closing solemnity highlighting Houtarou's development; also, Houtarou and Eru are basically married now.

With the CG gears, and the somewhat abstract cuts near the end focused on the walk signal, I was actually reminded of SHAFT a couple of times, LOL.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Hyouka 18

Best episode of the series. Easily tops the cooking episode. Chitanda was unbearable as usual but seeing that stark contrast between her and Oreki for a prolonged instance was nice. Great character development.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Good god, the gif and pic spam is overwhelming here.
And that's why I give myself a 3MB limit. Not that that will help when OT decides to post 10MB reaction gifs post after post.

Haters of the Delicious Flat Chest will be first against the wall when the revolution comes!

That actually is the original abbreviation for DFC.
You thought people used the term DFC without knowing what it means? Though I guess there is something odd about someone saying they "don't like DFC" considering that by using the abbreviation they have called them delicious.

Sword Art Online 7

Finally, damn you Thoraxes. When the ED started, all I could hear was Linkin Park.
I knew people ignored me when I posted that video the same day that original episode broadcasted. ;_;

Qwaser 01

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON

I THOUGHT THIS WAS JUST LESBIAN BDSM

WTHAT
Just skip to the second series where they throw out that "plot" completely and just focus on PLOT.

Why are there so many Chu names on GAF?
You can call me Bee Gee Bee DoubleChu

Jex

Hyouka 18
As, I said, the "mystery" wasn't really even one.
I did find the ending a bit darkly comedic. "I think he was smiling-oh by the way, the people totally died."

I feel like they kind of made a mistake with that whole "Oreki reads the newspaper scene". As soon as
Oreki starts explaining that some mount climbers were stranded a fairly ominous and downbeat piece of music starts to play. This suggests to me that something bad happened to those climbers, even though the show doesn't reveal this for another minute or so. Therefore, when Oreki says "they died" I wasn't surprised in the least because they ruined the surprise through the use of that music piece.

It would have been more effective, I think, to have used some less obvious music as this would have left me in suspense over the fate of the stranded folk.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Hyouka 18
The library is completely believable as a real location, as a result of all the carefully planned shots that build up a coherent architecture.
Because it is.
wtLyy.jpg

Hyouka 18

Best episode of the series. Easily tops the cooking episode. Chitanda was unbearable as usual but seeing that stark contrast between her and Oreki for a prolonged instance was nice. Great character development.
I seriously can't tell if you're trolling. Like, I hope, but for some reason I really doubt it.

Branduil

I feel like they kind of made a mistake with that whole "Oreki reads the newspaper scene". As soon as
Oreki starts explaining that some mount climbers were stranded a fairly ominous and downbeat piece of music starts to play. This suggests to me that something bad happened to those climbers, even though the show doesn't reveal this for another minute or so. Therefore, when Oreki says "they died" I wasn't surprised in the least because they ruined the surprise through the use of that music piece.

It would have been more effective, I think, to have used some less obvious music as this would have left me in suspense over the fate of the stranded folk.

The mystery in general wasn't suspenseful. As soon as Houtarou mentioned the word "stranded" it was obvious what happened.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
There have been so many shots of the latest Hyouka episode posted I could probably piece them together and bypass watching the actual episode.

dimb

That helps, but it's not just that, it's the shot selection and editing that sell a place as being real. You could do the same thing with a completely imaginary setting.
Easier said than done. When I was watching the episode I got the sense of on location reference almost immediately. The real world location seems like it had a great deal of influence on the setting in the show.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
There have been so many shots of the latest Hyouka episode posted I could probably piece them together and bypass watching the actual episode.

This is why I barely watch anything! I just mooch off of animeGAF. I feel like I've seen all of what Yuru Yuri has to offer just by viewing the GIFs.

dimb

It's too bad people aren't as appreciative of the character art Sword Art Online has to offer every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom