• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

Paranoia Agent 3

A negative is that this episode has started the use of eye catches, which I usually don't have a problem with in most anime. However, the ones in Paranoia Agent are just bad and broke some of the episode's flow (which was hard edits to begin with to be fair, but those had purpose, the eye catches are completely unrelated to the case at hand).

Speaking of poorly implemented eye catches, I am really starting to find the FMA: Brotherhood grates on my never. It may seem like an extremely minor complaint but I really could live without a loud American man shouting "FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST" in the middle of the episode. Yes, I know that's what I am watching, thanks for the update.

wonzo

Banned
Little Busters pv
tumblr_m7xcni8PDo1qbxqfpo1_500.png

This seems like it will be a really nice anime this fall. I like quite a few of the designs, and the little I see of the plot makes it seem like it will be a good experience.
the plot synopsis on wikipedia makes this sounds like one of the funniest things to grace anime since Blood-C. can't wait

Jex

Fantastic Children 22-26

5tViI.jpg

And so ends one of the best anime I've seen in years. A fantastic tale, the kind you only see once in ten years. It makes me depressed as fuck to know so little people know about it and watched it. If i could back in time, i'd punch myself in the face for not having watched it sooner. :( From now on, i shall make my quest on the Internet to have more people watch it!

Keep fighting the good fight, brother. Winning converts to the Church of Fantastic Children is no easy task.

Blood-C 7

NO. NO SMALL ANIMALISTIC CREATURES
TALKING ABOUT WISHES
. NEVER AGAIN. FUCK.

I have no idea who this thing is or (largely) what he's talking about. At this point I've given up thinking about the plot and am simply going to disengage my brain and enjoy the show until its inevitably gruesome conclusion.

The fading in and out during the town scene worked effectively as a visual technique. It emphasised the fact that both myself and Saya are gradually losing our marbles the further this series progresses.

Tadakatsu Honda went down far too easily. I'm hoping that Saya will take his words on board, although that might be definitely is expecting too much from her.

Kusagari

I haven't watched an anime when it was actually running in like 2 years, but randomly started watching Kokoro Connect.

And Konoro Connect 4:

This show is awesome. Harem lead who admits to fapping to the girls? I'm down with this. Plus, dat Inaba reveal at the end.

The movie design for the antagonist, I think, in the Naruto Road to Ninja movie is so intriguing and odd if sketches and fan art and comments are to go by.
Looks like some possibly mix of an offspring of a Sasuke x Naruto, seriously
. Too bad it will be years before I see it unless viz hurries.

My soul is telling me to facepalm and question why is this show is wasting episodes considering the first show there is some plot progress.

odd, all the 'plot' i recall in the first season was sprinkled lightly throughout the whole thing...

than idol concert...

than something dark and serious that kinda sucked (kinda like kore de zombie).

I pretty much just watch it for the whimsy and cute and bright colors and what not, but maybe i'm a minority.

Defuser

odd, all the 'plot' i recall in the first season was sprinkled lightly throughout the whole thing...

than idol concert...

than something dark and serious that kinda sucked (kinda like kore de zombie).

I pretty much just watch it for the whimsy and cute and bright colors and what not, but maybe i'm a minority.

Unfortunately I skip all those idol shit and pandering. Perhaps Dog days isn't a show for me to watch some action.

Cwarrior

Speaking of poorly implemented eye catches, I am really starting to find the FMA: Brotherhood grates on my never. It may seem like an extremely minor complaint but I really could live without a loud American man shouting "FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST" in the middle of the episode. Yes, I know that's what I am watching, thanks for the update.

Says the guy that likes the dozens of shrilly voiced kids screaming out"saaaailar mooooon" .

Both tell you what show your watching.

a good eye catcher looks like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE2Lr1Gfux4

-switches up the nice sound tracks,animation and character there based on, so it doesn't get repetitive.
-each character has there own theme and items that relate to them.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to

Neat, will watch!

And back into the trenches we go!

#TeamMeat

Meat > Yozora

Surprise?

CARNIVORES UNITE!

#team meat.

Nakama!

#TeamMeat

Today's light-novel-turned-manga-turned-anime doesn't have as long a name as usual -- Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko (official English title "The 'HENTAI' prince and the stony cat"). The synopsis, as abridged from various sources:

LN volume 1 cover:

Well at least the illustration is nice.

Blood-C 8

Yeah, I thought we were overdue for some fanservice.

Nothing of any real interest happened in the first half of the episode. The dialogue-action balance is tilting back in the 'wrong' direction, although it doesn't bother me so much now. Probably because more of it is actually relevant to the plot.

I trust you, Saya.

Blood-C 9

Jesus tap-dancing christ. That was a pretty bad result, even for her.

This whole sequence was very, very compelling. I can't recall the last time I enjoyed seeing someone fail so much. It's like watching a large scale traffic accident unfold in real time.

Maybe it's just the fact that she's the MC and her survival is fairly integral to the series, but it doesn't seem like the Elder Bairns are putting their full effort into killing her (or at least, they seem to be prioritising others above her). If the above had happened to generic NPC #15 they'd be monster chow about 2 seconds afterwards.

SAO 4

ok, that wasn't as nearly as bad as i thought it was gonna be based off the impressions here. Silica was fine. Her in her underwear was a bit pandering... but after the shit i've seen in the past 24 hrs... (i still feel broken T_T).

The way this show is structured is quite odd though. I assume these eps are the side stories LN right?

I do wonder what happened between eps 3 and 4. Maybe i shall read the LN someday.

Also kiriko as a badass is quite nice. The complete mirror of Haru.

Also, god damn lizard hearts are feathers. Cheaping out on game graphics still happening in the future eh?

Blood-C 10

Saya triumphs again. Tokizane's death was hilariously anti-climactic, though I suppose not hugely surprising by this point. I did wonder whether his seemingly increased importance after ep 8 / avoiding the school bloodbath would've granted him protected status (pun unintentional) but evidently not.

NO NOT BACK TO THIS CAFE SHIT AGAIN C'MON WE SHOULD BE DONE WITH THIS BY NOW AND WILL YOU
STOP DRINKING HIS GODDAMN COFFEE ALREADY.
Then we might actually see some progre--

--oh.

The ending made my brain itch. I have my suspicions about where this is going but I'm not sure that I want to be right.

Ultimadrago

Also,

AnimeGAF's motto.

---
For my adoring fanbase of 0, I leave you a top 10 list as a present for making it to the end of this irritatingly long post, even though you probably just skimmed past the whole goddamn thing I spent 20 minutes typing up, you asshole. You're welcome.

I read it all and your "Top 10".

Sincerely,

Your secret biggest fan.

Space bros 18

Shit is still solid and enjoyable. the difference between team A and B is quite huge, which makes it fun.

Mutta's MJ was great.

btw: am i the only one that found it a bit odd that there were action lines when running on a treadmill?

Something just feels... off about it haha.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Blood-C 10

Saya triumphs again. Tokizane's death was hilariously anti-climactic, though I suppose not hugely surprising by this point. I did wonder whether his seemingly increased importance after ep 8 / avoiding the school bloodbath would've granted him protected status (pun unintentional) but evidently not.

NO NOT BACK TO THIS CAFE SHIT AGAIN C'MON WE SHOULD BE DONE WITH THIS BY NOW AND WILL YOU
STOP DRINKING HIS GODDAMN COFFEE ALREADY.
Then we might actually see some progre--

--oh.

The ending made my brain itch. I have my suspicions about where this is going but I'm not sure that I want to be right.

But the cafe scenes are the best. How can you hate them :(

2LoBb.gif

Narag

---
For my adoring fanbase of 0, I leave you a top 10 list as a present for making it to the end of this irritatingly long post, even though you probably just skimmed past the whole goddamn thing I spent 20 minutes typing up, you asshole. You're welcome.

1. Revolutionary Girl Utena
2. Night on the Galactic Railroad
3. Angel's Egg
4. Ghost in the Shell
5. Anne of Green Gables
6. Mushishi
7. Legend of the Galactic Heroes
8. Boogiepop Phantom
9. Trapeze
10. NANA
11. Midori: Shoujo Tsubaki

I read it all except for the UY stuff since I haven't seen it yet! I recall liking Windaria but the first time fucking haunted me or something because I had nightmares about those red birds for years until I finally rewatched it.

Nafe

But it has a girl with a cat ear suit.

For what it's worth, the cat girl(Tsugumi) is voiced by the same Seiyuu as Azusa in K-On!, Ayana Taketatsu.

Good lord you guys post a lot.

I just commented how the thread was slowing down as well...

Also, I mean to post this along with last week's impressions, but I forgot so here it is now:
Timelapse View from the ISS at Night

Thanks for this. Videos from space are often pretty interesting to view.

Break Blade 1

Despite some of the plot points you've already mentioned, overall I liked how the films started. Unfortunately I felt the plot went even more downhill and by the end leaving me a bit dissapointed with the final product.

Break Blade has one of the best anime openings.

Agreed. I also enjoyed the endings used in the films.

Btw the best chara not appearing till eps 4 or so.

I'm not sure specifically to who you're referring but Nike was one of my favorite characters. Geneijin will agree with this I believe, as he was using an avatar of her.

Sailor Moon 6
But this one was special, being that it was the very first I am aware of having been touched by the hands of Kamisama and all.

I figured that the reason you specifically highlighted this episode was because it was directed by Ikuhara.

1. Revolutionary Girl Utena
2. Night on the Galactic Railroad
3. Angel's Egg
4. Ghost in the Shell
5. Anne of Green Gables
6. Mushishi
7. Legend of the Galactic Heroes
8. Boogiepop Phantom
9. Trapeze
10. NANA
11. Midori: Shoujo Tsubaki

I read the entirety of your post. I also just recently viewed number two on your list. I posted some comments about it and Hitokage and I had a quick discussion about it. Did you see it?

I liked Blood-C for what it was. It was enjoyable, not enjoyably bad.

The same for me as well. Although I will admit I too got a little bored as many in AnimeGaf did, around the episode 4 mark when things seemed to be moving a little too formulaic. Fortunately soon after the events move things forward.

You forgot to mention that the 12 year old girl looks like she's 18 and the 18 year old girl looks like she's 12.

Nike doesn't show up until the third film and I believe this plot point isn't mentioned until the fourth film.

Well, I didn't see anyone who looked like they were 12. Perhaps she hasn't shown up yet?

She hasn't. She first shows up in the last minuet or two of the third film. She doesn't get a more formal introduction or lines until the fourth film though.

duckroll

Unconfirmed info for the new Hayate series:

Hayate no Gotoku! Can't Take My Eyes Off You

- TV Tokyo
- October
- Anime original story by Hata
- Same voice cast

Original Creator: Kenjirou Hata
Director/Character Design: Masashi Kudo
Series Director: Yooichi Ueda
Concept: Kenjirou Hata
Series Composition: Rie Koshika
Sound Director: Toshiki Kameyama
Music: Wataru Maeguchi
Production: Manglobe

Opening Theme: "Can't Take My Eyes Off You" by eyelis
Ending Theme: "Love Trap" by Ruka Suirenji starring Haruka Yamazaki

Jex

ehh this

I find it odd you have an issue with fma one reminding you what your watching but not with the Sailor moon one.
I wouldn't really describe it as 'dozens of voices'. Moreover, the FMA:B eye catch is clearly being spoken by an American, even though I am watching the show in Japanese. The dissonance this causes in my brain pulls me out of the show.

Dresden

Unconfirmed info for the new Hayate series:

Hayate no Gotoku! Can't Take My Eyes Off You

- TV Tokyo
- October
- Anime original story by Hata
- Same voice cast

Original Creator: Kenjirou Hata
Director/Character Design: Masashi Kudo
Series Director: Yooichi Ueda
Concept: Kenjirou Hata
Series Composition: Rie Koshika
Sound Director: Toshiki Kameyama
Music: Wataru Maeguchi
Production: Manglobe

Opening Theme: "Can't Take My Eyes Off You" by eyelis
Ending Theme: "Love Trap" by Ruka Suirenji starring Haruka Yamazaki

cautiously optimistic

duckroll

That reminds me, I REALLY hope Fumi is in the new Hayate show. She is by far the funniest character in the series and criminally underused.

The unconfirmed info lists the following characters and cast:

Ryoko Shiraishi as Hayate Ayasaki
Rie Kugimiya as Nagi Sanzenin
Rie Tanaka as Maria
Shizuka Itou as Hinagiku Katsura
Mikako Takahashi as Ayumu Nishizawa
Ayumi Fujimura as Chiharu Harukaze
Haruka Yamazaki as Ruka Suirenji

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom