• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Anastasia made money. Titan A.E. bombed hard, and Fox closed their animation studio shortly afterward.

Yuru Yuri ♪♪ 1:

Oh thank goodness. I feel like I've been waiting for season 2 literally forever!

The episode starts out awesome with Akarin's delusions of grandeur and just continues to be awesome from there. YES! Yuru Yuri is BACK!

The new OP kicks ass too.

Chinatsu is still the best Yuru Yuri.

Chinatsu has her eyes on the prize. She has my full support.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Chinatsu has her eyes on the prize. She has my full support.

There is so much wrong here. Chinatsu is by far the worst Yuru Yuri girl.

Akari is best - it's a shame she lacks any real yuri partners. Sakurako and Himawari are great as are Kyoko and Yui and of course Chitose and Ayano.

But yeah Chinatsu sucks. Truly the spawn of satan.

faridmon

Mawaru PenguinDrum ep 5 - 15

Holy shit, this series becomes darker and darker. I don't know if I am comfortable with its take on those subject.
personally I despise any mention on rape in Animes and this time it involves a lesbian bitch? no thanks
But its a well told story. I really curios how do those characters cross paths and change the whole idea of what Project M is.

I still hate Ringo but Shouma is getting on my nerve as well. Why is he acting pathetic. Reminds me of the main character of Sion Sono's Cold Fish who I really really despised.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
More SAO pics for everyone seeming as I haven't done it in the past 6 hours.

523094_258790244224566_110407710_n.jpg
456513_258544037582520_1768322348_o.jpg
423506_258519960918261_2135975753_n.jpg

Jex

Isn't the whole point of Miki's Student Council arc that
Anthy isn't what he wants at all? Despite him appearing to care for her on a personal level, in a contrast to Saionji, he sees her just as much as a symbol - not of "power", as Saionji does, but of his lost happiness in childhood.

Stop like, analysing stuff man.

Space Brothers 14:
No more Feel So Moon? :(

This current arc continues to excel in the character department. I really feel for Fukuda after this episode. He probably won't win father of the year anytime soon, but I think you definitely have to feel for him in those flashbacks.
That one scene where he's saying goodbye to his daughter really got to me
. His backstory definitely ties in a lot with Mutta's, but he didn't have the same level of support in continuing to chase his dream that Mutta did. This group of five all tie into each other really well, and seeing how they've grown as a micro-community over the past few episodes is really fascinating.

BadWolf

Just watched Girl Who Leapt Through Time, so damn good.

Anything of similar quality out there? Any quality anime movies released recently?

Go_Ly_Dow

You can't just pretend that Natsuyuki Rendezvous doesn't exist!

I love how Natsuyuki slipped in under the radar and has then remained so solid throughout. I honestly don't remember any hype, or potential hope for it back in the season transition period. (then again my memory is really poor)

Horizon s2 7

Negotiation episode! Entertaining, but more about potential of upcoming skirmishes than anything else. Looks like ninja hat is gonna fight the guy with the cyber sword guy. Should be cool. I really like the animation when he splits himself.

I also found the storage dimension conversation amusing.

I love how Natsuyuki slipped in under the radar and has then remained so solid throughout. I honestly don't remember any hype, or potential hope for it back in the season transition period. (then again my memory is really poor)

The only real buzz generated from the pvs were fish eyes. Admittedly, the show is much better than what the pv showed and everyone got used to her fish eyes.

Jex

Mobile Suit Gundam 08th MS Team 7

Shiro Amada: Awesome Dude

Even if it got pretty deep into some "can love bloom, even on the battlefield" schtick (
The writers show some real creativity in getting a hot spring scene on an isolated, snowy mountaintop
), I really like the way Shiro and Aina's relationship is handled.

In terms of how the show views Shiro and Aina's relationship, there's a really telling scene in an upcoming episode that really speaks volumes about the whole matter.

Jex

I'm always hyped for (good)Noitamina shows, but never like, hyped, if you catch my meaning. I expect them to be well made and I enjoy them when they air but I don't really get on a hype-train for them or bother building up any kind of excitement for their release.

madp

The Light of El Cantare

Really bad.

Upotte!! OVA PV
http://youtu.be/DL9Aypey9QY

that's so Xebec...

Looks like an, erm, healthy exercise in water-related tomfoolery.

Will watch.

dude on the right has a rice bowl for a mouth.

dammit, I was going to point out the same thing! Enjoy the reactions.

Okay, just finished ep 7 of UN-GO. wtf is going on right now?

e9bUG.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom