• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thoraxes

Hayate no Gotoku! - 17

Dawwwwwww

jkD2MX6qOXsx3.jpg

Jex

Rinne no Legrange 16

Garbage, just garbage. This episode had no sense of pace, skitting around frantically to push the story forward through bluntly convoluted means. Set designs were obscenely spartan, making pieces of the world feel like play sets rather than locations as characters were awkwardly squeezed together on the stage in the laziest fashion. Even the show's usual strength with colors seemed to be thrown at the window as garish and thoughtless mixtures overwhelmed scenes

Well we all know that the first season didn't sell well at all. What's the point in pouring any effort in when the show is going to be a flop anyway? At least, I imagine that's the stance they're taking.

sleepykyo

Well, I made a MAL. Hope you assholes are happy :(

Truly a manlier MAL, I've never seen.

Looks at Spice and Wolf ratings. Seriously?

Well we all know that the first season didn't sell well at all. What's the point in pouring any effort in when the show is going to be a flop anyway? At least, I imagine that's the stance they're taking.

What was the point of Lan agehao (sp) and 3 way girl on girl kissing, if not a blatant ploy to boost sales?

cajunator

Banned
Have you seen the latest episode?

EDIT: Is it bad that I don't really like anything from the Fall season?

Nope.
On workdays I pretty much go home, shower and sleep. I might fit in a few Sailor Moon episodes right when I get home, like yesterday morning.
Watching recent stuff is for my off-week.

Jex

What was the point of Lan agehao (sp) and 3 way girl on girl kissing, if not a blatant ploy to boost sales?
Those aren't things that require effort, unlike interesting layouts and proper colour balance. Those are just things you slap in there with the vague hope that it increase the commercial viability of your product, although I doubt that it will have any noticeable effect.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Don't think I didn't notice this comment, firehawk12. What's happened during this arc is that the show has become interesting and enjoyable, rather than painfully tedious. This isn't just because it's become focused on a 'plot'.
Personally, I think the film arc is much richer as a story, but mostly because I think toying with Oreki is more interesting than the high school drama Mayaka is going through and the "Watson"/sidekick complex Satoshi is going through.

cajunator

Banned
Ah. You should watch it when you get the chance. It's pretty amazing.

Never heard of it.

Yeah Tari Tari is one of the shows Im watching diligently.
Honestly im not good at reviews or impressions aside from the obvious, so I let more eloquent posters have their say.
I just watch the shows.

7Th

Kyousogiga "2" isn't a TV show...

Either way, I'm definitely watching:
From the New World
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!

And maybe:
Magi
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
Zetsuen no Tempest
Robotics;Notes
Gyrozetter

Not really interested in anything else.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The last episode was actually enjoyable and well executed on certain levels.

Narag

Guilty Crown 21

Holy shit. A plot hole was addressed.
I'd been wondering this entire time if the Leukocyte that fired was the remaining one from the earlier ep that was just forgotten or a new one.
Actually a decent penultimate episode all around with a reallly cool fight between Shu & the Daath kid. Can't wait to see how they fuck up the end.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Guilty Crown 21

Holy shit. A plot hole was addressed.
I'd been wondering this entire time if the Leukocyte that fired was the remaining one from the earlier ep that was just forgotten or a new one.
Actually a decent penultimate episode all around with a reallly cool fight between Shu & the Daath kid. Can't wait to see how they fuck up the end.

LOL. Just wait. Hahahaha. so bad.

sleepykyo

Those aren't things that require effort, unlike interesting layouts and proper colour balance. Those are just things you slap in there with the vague hope that it increase the commercial viability of your product, although I doubt that it will have any noticeable effect.

Good point.

7Th

Don't think I didn't notice this comment, firehawk12. What's happened during this arc is that the show has become interesting and enjoyable, rather than painfully tedious. This isn't just because it's become focused on a 'plot'.

Great direction is never painfully tedious.

Hunter x Hunter R 41

Aw yeah, shit is about to get real! Can't wait for Uvo's crazy fight soon.

And :( at my MAL compatibility with everyone. That's why I was against this!

Jex

[Hyouka] - 15

Hyouka151.jpg

Dear KyoAni, that's not how a fish-eye lens works, just go and ask Oshii.

Those looking for more wacky festival antics from this episode will be rather disappointed. The exciting mystery that's been bubbling under the surface of this arc has finally arisen to take centre stage.

It's not a particularly interesting mystery but that doesn't really matter if you like the characters as most of what's going is, on one level or another, character building. All major players are being given their own space to develop as people, although Chitanda doesn't seem to have mastered the fine art of persuasion yet. I guess she can still manipulate Oreki though.

Hyouka154.jpg

Oh god, why are her eye's so large?

Anyway, we all know that detective Oreki will save the day with his, er, fabulous poses:

Hyouka155.jpg

Narag

Guilty Crown 22

And so this ends with
Rei Mana inducing Third Impact Fourth Apocalypse and Shinji Shu rejecting Instrumentality Crystallization.
Truly a modern day Evangelion.
ser0Rl.png

f5Eljl.jpg

I'm unworthy of this work of art. 2deep4me

Narag

Guilty Crown Lost Christmas

This was the best thing to come out of Guilty Crown. Best character returns, heavy on the action, no stupid story, and there's even a dash of batshit crazy to spice it up.

As a whole, Guilty Crown rather sucks. It's sure pretty to watch at times but the story and lack of identity made that first half so hard to watch. When they stopped giving a fuck in the second half and turned the crazy to 11, it became rather entertaining at least as I awaited inevitable trolling and cliffhangering, sometimes both at once!

I feel I should be stronger for having finished this but I don't feel much of anything now. I'll know later when the numbness passes, if it ever does.

Articalys

Do you need more EUROBEAT in your life? Well no worries, because a new Initial D anime is on the way:
This year's 35th issue of Kodansha's Young Magazine is announcing on Monday that a new anime series adaptation of Shuuichi Shigeno's Initial D car-racing manga has been green-lit. The format of the new anime series — be it a television anime, original video anime, or another format — and other details have not been revealed. More details will be provided in the combined 36th/37th issue of the magazine on August 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom