• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sengoku Paradise Kiwami 09

AbDiL.jpg

Haha, girls can't cook!

Yet she wins the cooking contest.

Narag

Guilty Crown 16

Imagine that, there's a downside to using Voids.
Although wasn't that Void supposed to disappear as soon as she let go of it? What the fuck
Crazy Shu is best Shu.

Resurrected Gai?!!
Yessssssss

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Have you watched GC? There were some instances where he was legitimately awesome.

Yes, I forced myself to finish it as it was airing. It was awful, mostly because of Shu. In my opinion he's one of the worst protagonists I've watched in an anime.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Guilty Crown 16

Imagine that, there's a downside to using Voids.
Although wasn't that Void supposed to disappear as soon as she let go of it? What the fuck
Crazy Shu is best Shu.

Resurrected Gai?!!
Yessssssss

Dude. that last part isn't good. Trust me. He was cool. It only gets worse from here on out.

i stopped Guilty crown at ep 14 because i felt something i wouldn't like was about to happen ..

The rest is still on hold .. i guess i should watch this soon

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Branduil: It's amusing to see you attempt to equivocate a sword wielding vampire girl with a normal schoolboy armed only with a wooden stick.

kayos90

Tari Tari 5

Alright. So this episode was pretty stellar on an emotional level. I think the episode as a whole has somewhat of a problem because of consistency. It goes from a random scene of Wien being... win to Taichi and badmi and then suddenly goes to Wakana. It's pretty jarring cuz the focus is clearly on Wakana but the way they went about it with extra scenes made it odd. Even so, I found the episode to be enjoyable very much so. It was heartwrenching to see Wakana and her past relationship with her mother as well as how she is doing now. We get a very deep look at her and why she acts the way she does, even in the present. The animation was pretty awesome for the most part and the transitions from scene to scene, specifically the flashbacks, were absolutely amazing. Great episode overall. I really enjoyed Hyouka this week and I went in to Tari Tari thinking it won't top it but this episode easily beats it just because of how amazing the narrative was, despite it being somewhat generic. Great stuff.

Gundam Wing 8 - 9

Wufei's duel and Heero's actions were the highlight parts. Heero, Quartre, and Duo make a great team and should mission it up later again, I hope.
Heero doing that impossible to deactivate the bomb was fun, though did I miss where it was established how the enemy commander knew him? Though of Heero, why in the world is Relena back, shocking how she and him and Duo ended up in the same school
. There have really actually not been any real bad moments thus far and really quite a fun gundam, moving up on my list.

Narag

Guilty Crown 17

more wtf.
Yahiro wanted Shu to be all firm and hardass and the moment he does Yahiro backs down.
smh Everyone's fucking crazy now.

Holy fucking shit at the ending though. so good

Nafe

I guess it becomes a strictly philosophical thing.

Do you watch Star Trek: Enterprise before Star Trek? Do you watch the Star Wars films in chronological order? Do you read the new Watchmen spinoff books before Watchmen?

My understanding is that the prequel book covers the period right up until Anne is "adopted" in the first book of the series, so that might provide an interesting perspective on the character and how she develops Canadian-genki-girl powers. That might be an interesting perspective to have going into the main series.

When you have a split entry into a narrative, such as those you exampled, I suppose you have to resign yourself to the fact that you can only chose one path on how to initially approach it. You are then only left to wonder what kind of perspective you would have had on the story had you chosen to approach it initially from the other route.

Well, I'm not going to watch it right away so I'll give it perhaps a little bit of thought.

Oda Nobuna - 04
Really fun episode, didn't think I'd enjoy this show as much as I am.

With the initial premise of changing famous male historical figures into females and even loli type characters combined with the (in)famous bust bounce even while wearing armor in the trailer, I was going watch this show for more of a laugh initially.

Even from the first episode and as it's continued I've actually found myself really enjoying it as well, even though some things about it are still silly.

1. Aww, I love you guys. I'm so touched.

3. Nafe, I read your impressions of NOTGR and I was really impressed at how perceptive you were. You caught a lot of stuff - like the foreshadowing of
Campanella's death
with drops of water - that I completely missed the first time around.

Arigatou. I think it was ever since taking a look at Umineko no naku koro ni I've really started to pay attention to little details. You appreciate a lot more of the cinematography and framing and such as well once you become more aware of different visual techniques being used.

Guilty Crown 13

Against all odds, there's more of this shit.

Cons:
  • It's still Guilty Crown
  • School Festival
    [*]Wheelchair Girl's Void ffs

SPOILERS regarding Ayase's void:
I remember a bunch of people essentially reacting "lol harrier legs" and it was quite convenient that just the episode before or so, Shu acquired the ability to keep people conscious after removing their voids with basically a Gears of War type explanation of "looks like they upgraded".

I thought it would have been funny to have people with their voids but still knocked out. Just imagining Ayase unconscious and zipping around the sky only to crash into those guys truck to take them out, Hahaha.

Thoraxes

Rinne no Lagrange S2 - 16

jgx2UdkEcM4kd.jpg

Lots of shit went down this episode, and this was a pretty focused forward-moving episode.

I'm looking forward to
getting the fuck off Kamogawa for once, damn.
I also wonder now if this all means that just her consciousness is stuck in limbo, and if what's happening next ep. is Madoka Maru'ing the fuck out of her.
Also, the reaction from the bishounen squad was expected, especially Izo. I hope they get to see her again ;_;

Also in the preview, I expect greatness in the form of a scene that looks to deliver :D

And in the words of my imouto about the preview:
"Holy shit, those things are bigger than her heard. How the hell are they that huge?"

Narag

SPOILERS regarding Ayase's void:
I remember a bunch of people essentially reacting "lol harrier legs" and it was quite convenient that just the episode before or so, Shu acquired the ability to keep people conscious after removing their voids with basically a Gears of War type explanation of "looks like they upgraded".

I thought it would have been funny to have people with their voids but still knocked out. Just imagining Ayase unconscious and zipping around the sky only to crash into those guys truck to take them out, Hahaha.

lol

Dresden

So people on the internet were talking about SAO4 and the merit of using a 1h sword without equipping a sword.

what's up with that?

With one slot spent on this proficiency, the wielder gets a -1 bonus to AC and inflicts critical damage on an attack roll of 19 or 20 if using a single weapon. A second slot increases the AC bonus to a total of -2.

(prequel) Guilty Crown Lost Christmas OVA
tumblr_m7y7c6offY1qcff4ao2_250.gif

It was actually good. The feelings of nostalgia I felt just seeing the Kings Power in use again and the voids was great. Scroog was actually cool. They should really consider giving him a Guilty Crown full prequel anime as he is just plain epic from start to finish.
The girls void is comparable to Inori's sword, and Daluudo's void was nice too.

For characters and the main Guilty Crown anime
it was nice learning how Segai lost his eye, and Dan Eagleman apperance, and a Daath

Good 12 minute episode, with nice use of music and action scenes.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oda Nobuna 4
this show is far more entertaining than it has any right to be considering the ridiculous premise

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/18780843/anime/nobuna4a.jpg
Yeah, I have no idea what it is, but it serves as a good #guiltypleasure given how generically harem it is. Even the
fan dance
was pretty silly.

When you have a split entry into a narrative, such as those you exampled, I suppose you have to resign yourself to the fact that you can only chose one path on how to initially approach it. You are then only left to wonder what kind of perspective you would have had on the story had you chosen to approach it initially from the other route.

Well, I'm not going to watch it right away so I'll give it perhaps a little bit of thought.
Another alternative would be to read the books, if you're so inclined. lol
But yeah, I dunno. In terms of the animes, you're going from something made a few years ago vs something made a few decades ago so there's that "problem" to contend with as well.

With one slot spent on this proficiency, the wielder gets a -1 bonus to AC and inflicts critical damage on an attack roll of 19 or 20 if using a single weapon. A second slot increases the AC bonus to a total of -2.
I hate you so much. :(

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Guilty Crown 17

more wtf.
Yahiro wanted Shu to be all firm and hardass and the moment he does Yahiro backs down.
smh Everyone's fucking crazy now.

Holy fucking shit at the ending though. so good

Shit is only going to get more ridiculous.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Sword Art Online 04
I'm actually warming up to this show. I like it as a series of vignettes in a foreign world that operates on familiar concepts. The first episode set everything up to be a rather generic trek to the top by a fairly bland character, but his role in the world makes things interesting without me having to sit through training episodes of generic grinding. We knew from the start that the main character would be powerful, so it's nice to just have the show skip the formalities and move on to more character based stories.

This episode had a lot of distinct locations visually and some good small touches to animation, even if most of them seem to revolve around Silica being a super loli. There's some other good stuff with body language and the stances that characters take that help define some sense of personality and mood, but that stuff was less animated.

kayos90

(prequel) Guilty Crown Lost Christmas OVA
tumblr_m7y7c6offY1qcff4ao2_250.gif

It was actually good. The feelings of nostalgia I felt just seeing the Kings Power in use again and the voids was great. Scroog was actually cool. They should really consider giving him a Guilty Crown full prequel anime as he is just plain epic from start to finish.
The girls void is comparable to Inori's sword, and Daluudo's void was nice too.

For characters and the main Guilty Crown anime
it was nice learning how Segai lost his eye, and Dan Eagleman apperance, and a Daath

Good 12 minute episode, with nice use of music and action scenes.

This is out? omg. Need to watch this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom