• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Okay... That looks good. I'm not saying it looks fucking terrible. Jeez.
It doesn't matter. Eva+EoE has some of the best mechanical animation of all time drawn by some of the most important animators in the industry. Downplaying that reflects poorly on you. Guilty Frown is just throwaway trash.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
It doesn't matter. Eva+EoE has some of the best mechanical animation of all time drawn by some of the most important animators in the industry. Downplaying that reflects poorly on you. Guilty Frown is just throwaway trash.

Downplaying it because something better came along? I guess its just not possible to ever top Eva animation ever. Cuz you know, studios just don't get better. We only digress.

Taruranto

Skimming past page?
Someone brought FSN H-scene? Hah! anything from worst route doesn't count, you hadn't witnessed either of mollusk or pudding!

I played both Tsukihime and FSN, though to be fair i CTRL'ed all the FSN H-scene because they were hilarious bad paced and out of context and me giggle like a motherfucked and i enabled to option that remove the H-scene from Porkslope Turkeyhandle (that made me actually take the novel seriously, unlike Stay in the Kitchen).

Either way i have an A+ Skill in Nasu Writing! Though i'm not sure whatever i should be proud of that or not... probably not...

Nanoha A 2

Holy shit. This shit is pretty awesome. Raising heart's engrish is so adorable ;P

And all those cartridge using weapons.

Y'all are right, this show is dope.

Action is also a lot better looking than season 1.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Downplaying it because something better came along? I guess its just not possible to ever top Eva animation ever. Cuz you know, studios just don't get better. We only digress.
some of the best =/= the #1 best ever

And Guilty Frown doesn't look better. Not even close.

Thud

Stop it bro.

Btw its remind me the pain of watching GC, I endure it with hope seeing awesome sakuga cut like in eps 1,2, n, 4. But its never got showcased again, they abusing quick cut to the death instead >_>
fucking fraud, make my experience watching Heroman infinitely better.

Wow and Heroman is pretty awful, I dropped it very soon after the manga and anime started.

Oh my gosh. Okay. If Eva and GC came out at the same time then I'd like Eva more. As it stands I appreciate Eva for its allusions and various references and themes. This is important to me because it shows the level of insight in a show. GC clearly doesn't have the level of Eva in this aspect. The reason I like GC is because it's more recent/modern. It has good animation and a really good OST. And it has Gai. Essentially, recent anime makes me like GC more than Eva.

Also, forgot to add that Awesome Shu beats Shinji, who is never awesome imo.
Shinji was constantly badass. He may have been pretty "emo," but he beat the shit out of those alien abominations.

cajunator

Banned
Nanoha A 1

holy shit. Shit happening right away!

that new girl's hammer sure is inconsistent with it's language eh?

Nanoha A 2

Holy shit. This shit is pretty awesome. Raising heart's engrish is so adorable ;P

And all those cartridge using weapons.

Y'all are right, this show is dope.

Action is also a lot better looking than season 1.

I know a fun show when I see it :D
Glad you likey.

Taruranto

Shinji was constantly badass. He may have been pretty "emo," but he beat the shit out of those alien abominations.

G7kvYl.jpg

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Hyouka 15

Never in my life have I wanted to be an eggplant so badly until now. I want to be an eggplant.

Mayaka is god awful (why not just quit?). Chitanda is the best. Fukube > Oreki. The character developments have been odd. Fukube has gotten some good quality time, they seem to finally be pushing along Oreki and Chitanda but Mayaka is a complete waste of time. Everything in this arc involving the manga club has been tedious and a pain to watch, with the show providing no explanation as to why she even cares enough to bother putting up with their shit or providing no explanation as to why the viewer should even care about her misery.

The mystery to this arc is really stupid, the whole setup is so meticulous and yet so utterly pointless. I don't even understand why these clubs are making a big deal out of this, its precisely what the villain is aiming for, so don't do it.

Still hate this show. A ton. This is right up there with AIR as the worst KyoAni show I'll ever finish (Munto still has the distinction of worst ever).

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

cajunator

Banned
Hyouka 15

Never in my life have I wanted to be an eggplant so badly until now. I want to be an eggplant.

Mayaka is god awful (why not just quit?). Chitanda is the best. Fukube > Oreki. The character developments have been odd. Fukube has gotten some good quality time, they seem to finally be pushing along Oreki and Chitanda but Mayaka is a complete waste of time. Everything in this arc involving the manga club has been tedious and a pain to watch, with the show providing no explanation as to why she even cares enough to bother putting up with their shit or providing no explanation as to why the viewer should even care about her misery.

The mystery to this arc is really stupid, the whole setup is so meticulous and yet so utterly pointless. I don't even understand why these clubs are making a big deal out of this, its precisely what the villain is aiming for, so don't do it.

Still hate this show. A ton. This is right up there with AIR as the worst KyoAni show I'll ever finish (Munto still has the distinction of worst ever).

What bro? AIR WAS THE BOMB DIGGITY

Nanoha A 3

That plot twist! It doesn't take a genius to realize that raging heart and the other one uses similar sound effects as the enemies stuff....

But man do i love magic tech.

And wtf why does only nanoha get completely naked when she henshins but not anyone else.

lore discrepancy.

Aruf is still one of the best names for anything ever. And her puppy form is adorable!

fertygo

I played both Tsukihime and FSN, though to be fair i CTRL'ed all the FSN H-scene because they were hilarious bad paced and out of context and me giggle like a motherfucked and i enabled to option that remove the H-scene from Porkslope Turkeyhandle (that made me actually take the novel seriously, unlike Stay in the Kitchen).

Either way i have an A+ Skill in Nasu Writing! Though i'm not sure whatever i should be proud of that or not... probably not...
Yep, dude can't write dirty stuff for shit hahaha... there's food analogy on everywhere lololol
Okay... That looks good. I'm not saying it looks fucking terrible. Jeez.

EDIT: This looks better than that video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ov-0lvneJQ

Once again, so I don't have to repeat myself. I'm not saying that Eva animation is horrible. I'm saying GC is just better.
RrXZ7.gif

Even Anno rocket little animation on this CM was magnificent (thanks duckroll!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5r724z4rZo

Btw anyone had that famous EVA-01 crawling animation sketch .gif?

Articalys

Man, I just realized from the Initial D news, I still haven't gotten around to watching the First Stage box set I bought like four damn years ago. Should do that this week.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Wow, I missed that edit. Did he seriously say that mediocre looking scene from GC looked better than the MP Eva fight... ahhhh

somebody please help me exit this earth

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I haven't seen eva and haven't finished bebop. What's wrong with me?

Nothing. You don't have to like a show just because everybody else has liked it.

I thought GITS was awful. I've seen it twice now and it sucked both times - I really don't like Oshii. SAC is cool though. I find Eva to be hideously overrated (although its certainly better than GC).

Also NEW INITIAL D, GO BEAT CRAZY. Seriously so happy to see theres new Initial D, god knows how many quarters I spent playing that game every day after school. The anime has never been all that good but it was still fun stuff.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Sora No Woto 5

More cute girls doing cute things. The one thing I didn't really get was
why did Rio rummage through their bags and take their compass?

That reminds me, I need to finish it. Watched up to episode 6 or 7 before I stopped.

duckroll

Tari Tari - Episode 5

Oh no, an emo arc. I hate these! It's predictable and honestly pretty boring since they always go the same way. I hope we don't have to endure too many episodes of this. Meh.

sonicmj1

EDIT: This looks better than that video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ov-0lvneJQ

I've watched the part between 0:30 and 0:40 a few times, and I'm still not sure what exactly Shu is doing to avoid those missiles. Even Advent Children action makes more sense.

There's nothing wrong with liking what you like. Many posters here have made long posting careers out of it. You just should be careful when throwing around words like "better".

NO !!

A rewatch and watch it is then.

I liked Bebop, I just couldn't finish it. Eva has been on my list since I started watching anime.
make sure to post your opinion/feelings especially of End of Evangelion.

Eva starts off so slow but keep with it, took till episode 8 to hook me.

Nanoha A 5

The plot... happens?

Shit is just turning into shounen fighter with lolis now. Good stuff. And naturally telling someone not to use the final ultimate mode because of high risk = them using it.

Jintor

Yuru Yuri 02

Good old "sounds like they're having sex but in reality they're just using hilariously inappropriate dialogue for the thing that they're doing" joke, it never fails

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom