• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Go_Ly_Dow

Shiki

You know, it's been a little while since I finished this and it still bothers me how often vampires are required to feed in this show. Humans take a longass time to mature, so if they were to be treated as livestock having to kill them too often is an unsustainable strategy. In other stories vampires can wait a bit longer or use non-preferred alternatives.
Considering that, everyone would have been fucked either way.

be sure to watch both specials!

Nanoha A 7

ouch.jpg

Mahou shoujo is serious business.

Great stuff with some surprisingly decent fight animation. tuxedo mask of this show is quite OP.

iAygLyZ3XYS0E.gif

And i love divine buster. yummy.

wonzo

Banned
Tari Tari 5

I cant say I'm all that fond or surprised about them laying it on this thick in this episode and most likely the next one given the preview. Hopefully this doesn't last for much longer.

Rinne no Lagrange 16

It's about damn time Madoka's finally gets out of Kamogawa! I wonder if dat slapping in the preview will lead to Yurikano reawakening or something. Hopefully they explain just what's going on with that stuff next episode.
It seems that they're switching around the ED's for each of the major characters in the show but I'd wish they'd just stick with the original three as that ED owns.

Looks like Neregate posted the first iteration of their Fall season chart, and it's definitely a visual step up from what they had before IMO.

edit: Moetron seems to have done the same.

Lets see, I guess some of these Ill probably be the only one watching
Bakuman 3
Code: Breaker
Ixion Saga DT
Jormungand 2
K
Little Busters!
Magi
Psycho Pass
Zetsuen no Tempest
Chou Soku Henkei Gyrozetter
Hiiro no Kakera Second Half

On disc Ill be seeing: Index and Un Go in October

That JoJo../Ill wait for gifs or something to see, reason I never got into the manga was everyone appears on the older end of the spectrum, so its not as appealing as other series.

Well, I made a MAL. Hope you assholes are happy :(

You drop lots of good anime like Brave 10, Bakuman, Heroman, and Reborn or just have them not on your list (like Naruto, nary a Gundam, or Star Driver) and 99% of the adaptations of the good long running series (or just not see them)...

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Kanokon: The Girl Who Cried Fox 12
Between this and Ladies vs Butlers, I'd say the latter one is much better in terms of, well, everything.

LvB wins automatically due to crazy drill-hair girl. At least she was semi-amusing when here hair went crazy.

SPob9.jpg

That is Penguin Musume.
Bow down to your new goddess.

o_O *bows*

Narag is like a god or something. Able to absorb so much bad anime and survive it.

I couldn't do it, it's most impressive.

And one can't forget the dance of the derp
iQyJWNe2QTucS.gif

LOL that's actually pretty amazing. XD

What bro? AIR WAS THE BOMB DIGGITY

I enjoyed AIR a lot as well, but I admit the ending made me scratch my head.

cajunator

Banned
LvB wins automatically due to crazy drill-hair girl. At least she was semi-amusing when here hair went crazy.

o_O *bows*

I couldn't do it, it's most impressive.

LOL that's actually pretty amazing. XD

I enjoyed AIR a lot as well, but I admit the ending made me scratch my head.

I couldn't resist it. I just bought that figure. I've actually been looking for that one for a while but it rarely shows up. Not gonna miss it again.

Gundam Wing 10

I didnt sign up for this, why Heero
How in the world do they kill him off so early, he was so awesome and then he just self sacrifices? :(
I need a break from Wing as I cant go on after this.

duckroll

After its second weekend at the Japanese box office, Ookami Kodomo has pulled in over 1 billion yen in takings. That's over 12 million USD at the current exchange rate. It looks like it's on track to outgross Eva 2.0 (40 million), but whether it can match Ghibli's Poopy Hill (56 million) from last year is another matter.

wonzo

Banned
Sukeban Deka Dub 1

"Why do people exist?" - Gouzou *flashes to giant snake* Mizuchi

Apparently they exist to whirl around bullet-proof yo-yo's as a weapon and laugh in the most over-the-top way imaginable. The entire premise of this is so over the top it's criminally fabulous~ and should be watched by everyone, but only the Dub.

After its second weekend at the Japanese box office, Ookami Kodomo has pulled in over 1 billion yen in takings. That's over 12 million USD at the current exchange rate. It looks like it's on track to outgross Eva 2.0 (40 million), but whether it can match Ghibli's Poopy Hill (56 million) from last year is another matter.
Damn, Hosoda's raking in some mad money.

also why do you hate on Goro and his best work yet duckroll, hasn't he suffered enough having Hayao as a father?!??!?!

Defuser

Phi brain S2 ep17
I like how destroying the rings turn the guys into wusses. Creepy Pinocle is officially Kaito's bitch now.

mAcOdIn

Upotte! had a much better first episode than Fate/Zero.

It was certainly far less boring.
Uh, man, I dropped both Upotte and Fate/Zero after the first episode but Upotte was way worse. If not for everyone talking about the stupid concept I would not have finished Upotte's first episode, still wish I'd dropped it 5 minutes in like with Fate/Zero, but I wouldn't say I was more entertained by it in the slightest.

Anyways, recent-ish shows I've dropped after one episode:
Glass Fleet
Upotte
Fate/Zero
Arcana de Familia or whatever
One Piece
Naruto
Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere
Sword Art Online
So I can't Play H
Queen's Blade (whoops, should've paid attention to what it was going to be)
Un Go

hmm, there's a lot. Glass Fleet is still by far the worst shit I think I have ever seen that wasn't just offensive to me personally just fucking terrible.
Campione! 04

I think all archers should materialize their bow like that.

I don't know why I like this show so much. It has all the wrong ingredients for a crappy show, it's a harem in every which way, there's so much exposition that it never ends, there's catty girls fighting over the one guy and quite a lot of downtime.

But, when the action happens, it looks really cool. I like the whole quick lesson in the history of the gods and all those flying swords doing their thing. The girls are super over aggressive when kissing the lead and it's plenty of fun even though it should be stupid.
I'm no Pagan mythology expert but it seriously sounded pretty far fetched, I bet taking these lessons seriously would be like learning about Christianity from Neon Genesis Evangelion.
Also, from the Funi/Geneon panel:
Serial Experiments Lain stuff
Excellent!

duckroll

Damn, Hosoda's raking in some mad money.

also why do you hate on Goro and his best work yet duckroll, hasn't he suffered enough having Hayao as a father?!??!?!

He's a crappy director who would probably be better off doing something he actually likes instead of trying to force himself to carry on some sort of family legacy which is in reality doesn't exist. This is all part of Hayao being a terrible father.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Uh, man, I dropped both Upotte and Fate/Zero after the first episode but Upotte was way worse. If not for everyone talking about the stupid concept I would not have finished Upotte's first episode, still wish I'd dropped it 5 minutes in like with Fate/Zero, but I wouldn't say I was more entertained by it in the slightest.

Glass Fleet
Upotte
Fate/Zero
One Piece
Naruto
Sword Art Online
So I can't Play H
Un Go

Oh man... you dropped Fate/Zero? Any chance you'll give it another go? You're really missing out.

survivor

Banned
kayos90, just for you I'm gonna watch Guilty Crown to see why you think it's the greatest anime ever

Eva has better "fan art" so it automatically wins.
Eva doujins are god damn amazing even though I never watched the show

I liked Bebop, I just couldn't finish it. Eva has been on my list since I started watching anime.
Cause it sucks, you don't have to force yourself to watch something you deep down know you hate

That JoJo../Ill wait for gifs or something to see, reason I never got into the manga was everyone appears on the older end of the spectrum, so its not as appealing as other series.
I don't think you will like JoJo characters design that much to be honest

Nanoha A 11

oh... so the next eps! Kinda? Loopholes in programming?

Like the 'final forms' of both weapons. Not a fan of ax/scythe being inferior to sword though.

that logic is flawed damn you!

mAcOdIn

What about the first episode did you just not like?
The character art, the manner of speech, the shit being said, I also sort of know what it's about and that didn't interest me either.

You ever read something that came off as so pretentious or silly it just turned you off? That's like every line in the first 5 minutes of Fate/Zero to me. If it were a book, no matter what it was talking about, if I had to read that manner of writing I'd close it and go for a walk.

jman2050

People can't be satisfied knowing F/Z is awesome, they have to convince us come hell and high water that the first episode wasn't garbage!

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
The fanwanking.

TBH I'm surprised GAF like F/Z that much, given almost the entire purpose of it is for fanboy (like me) of the series.

Uhh... you don't have to be a fan of Fate to enjoy F/Z. I think it's just good. Period.

People can't be satisfied knowing F/Z is awesome, they have to convince us come hell and high water that the first episode wasn't garbage!

No. A lot of AnimeGAF hates the first episode. Only a few enjoy it.

survivor

Banned

Glass Fleet
Upotte
Fate/Zero
One Piece
Naruto
Sword Art Online
So I can't Play H
Un Go
Why did you drop the best mystery anime of the last 10 years? Un-Go was a glorious masterpiece.

I missed an Eva v Guilty Crown discussion?

They are hard to compare, though I would probably put Eva a bit more on top of Guilty Crown. Guilty Crown out did it in the character bonds and interactions department, friendship, and music, but Eva's plot ultimately affected things that were larger than life altering and affecting both time and space, mech designs trumped those of the Endlaves, and I think its whole premise of NERV, Instrumentality, and x Impact was a bit more well done and intricate than say Void Genome and Daath. I think more is had out of rewatching that more than rewatching Guilty Crown. Shinji and Shou are ultimately the same character types that I love so I think neither exceeds the other. However, I would put Shou on a say top ten characters ever list, while Shinji would be somewhere around 11 or so, though his plug suit design is nice. At the end of the day, both are anime I would have on a list for the most definitive anime of their respective decades/generations.

mAcOdIn

Why did you drop the best mystery anime of the last 10 years? Un-Go was a glorious masterpiece.
Because I'm not a survivor. Man, I dunno, masterpiece? Really? I can't really think of too many "mystery" anime in the same vein as Un-go to compare it with so being the best in 10 years seems like a low hurdle to clear to me. What's its competition? Future Boy Conan? Gosick? Do horror mystery stuff like Ghost Hound count? If so I think that trounces the shit out of Un-go.

But anyways, because I thought the mystery was too stupid, it failed to grab me in the first episode and I absolutely hated the characters.

fertygo

I don't think you will like JoJo characters design that much to be honest

JoJo at later part actually rather have many bishounen n not just about muscular guy with fabulous looks.

DTL will love Gianna and Johnny lol, the problem is its still a long way if the anime want to got there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom