• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caesnd

http://cenbe.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp --- Here's another good (but old) site for genga/douga. This time with tidy headers for different series, rather than just a vast pool of pictures in a Tumblr dump. I like this site because, coupled with some knowledge about who did what in series, it's interesting to see their differing approaches when laying in roughs.

Branduil

Sukeban Deka Dub 1

"Why do people exist?" - Gouzou *flashes to giant snake* Mizuchi

Apparently they exist to whirl around bullet-proof yo-yo's as a weapon and laugh in the most over-the-top way imaginable. The entire premise of this is so over the top it's criminally fabulous~ and should be watched by everyone, but only the Dub.

It does have the most amazing laugh ever.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I don't think a person putting up with shit from undesirable members in a club they have a personal interest in is unusual. She clearly enjoys the subject, and the activities, and there are other members who talk to her normally. I mean, look at the dynamics of AnimeGAF!

Really it seems like she has no friends at all in the club. The only one who is even remotely friendly to her is the Administrator of the club and she's probably only friendly because she has pity for the poor soul. She should take a hint and just quit posting, nobody reads what she writes anyway and they all say mean shit to her face and behind her back.

I now understand why I don't like Mayaka.

duckroll

Really it seems like she has no friends at all in the club. The only one who is even remotely friendly to her is the Administrator of the club and she's probably only friendly because she has pity for the poor soul. She should take a hint and just quit posting, nobody reads what she writes anyway and they all say mean shit to her face and behind her back.

I now understand why I don't like Mayaka.

Sounds like you misunderstand how big the club is. It's not just the cosplayers. All the other girls in school uniforms sitting around the room are also members of the club.

Jex

Sounds like you misunderstand how big the club is. It's not just the cosplayers. All the other girls in school uniforms sitting around the room are also members of the club.

Right, the arc just focuses on her interaction with the other cosplayers because that's the source of the conflict.

Cwarrior

New Initial D Anime Coming

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-07-30/initial-d-manga-gets-new-anime-series

Aww Shit! Can't wait for those new tunes to hit.

F Yeaaaaaaaaahhh!!! Initial D

ab14e95563p7x.gif

Now with the latest's "cutting edge" advancements in anime cg it can look almost as good as 1998 video game cg.

Animes am looking forward to watching

Magi
jo jo bizarre adventure
Initial D

Oreki is pretty damn ripped, I'll give him that. Between him and Araragi male anime protagonists are clearly hitting the gym.
It's a matter of karmic balance. Accel World's Cartman is obese so that characters like Oreki can be jacked. He's like Jesus, but with manservice instead of eternal salvation.

Kagami

Bought some stuff.

Ov5I8.jpg

Queen's Balde Rebellion vol. 1, and the promo BD for Hagure Yuusha.
Usually I don't care about these pre-air promo disc things, and the first episode of Hagure Yuusha didn't really grab me all that much, but I got it because it has a four-minute long animated short called "Hagure Yuusha vs. Queen's Blade Rebellion" with the QBR cast. (Getting beat up by the protagonist of Hagure Yuusha, apparently.)

dCRPm.jpg

Waiting in the Summer vol. 4, featuring everybody's favorite fruit on the cover.
So, now that they've covered all four girls on the first four covers, will they use the last two covers for the two boys?

Efuwj.jpg

Of course not. Now it's time for pairs of girls on the covers.

Last but not least...

gHFnl.jpg

♪ Jibun o, sekai sae mo ♪♪

But then why do people enjoy it so much at the start to get that far?

Clearly enough people liked those first fifty episodes enough to watch them all without being bored - and I don't begrudge them that with a show like One Piece. But frankly, why would I carry on watching something that bored me silly? I watched about ten episodes I think and it did nothing for me, so I stopped - and that's more than I'd usually give a show that wasn't holding my interest.

That doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad show - just not one that's to my taste. Plodding through fifty episodes just to get to "the good stuff" isn't going to change that.

The mistake was starting it, that and getting into the hundreds with Bleach that was a waste of time.

OP is a rare beast where it technically doesn't even start until tens of episodes in the show. That isn't to say someone shouldn't drop it if it's aboslute torture for them after a few episodes, but judging it by the first 1, 2, 10 or even 30 episodes is completely undermining its achievements. Of course asking people to stick it out that long isn't fair either, so it's a tough sell. Of course even the biggest fans think it's merely average or a bit below average in the first 10 or so episodes, so feeling that way is a good indication you would like it as a whole.

Or you could just watch this. Pretty good representation of how much it escalates, nakama and everything.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
OP is a rare beast where it technically doesn't even start until tens of episodes in the show. That isn't to say someone shouldn't drop it if it's aboslute torture for them after a few episodes, but judging it by the first 1, 2, 10 or even 30 episodes is completely undermining its achievements. Of course asking people to stick it out that long isn't fair either, so it's a tough sell. Of course even the biggest fans think it's merely average or a bit below average in the first 10 or so episodes, so feeling that way is a good indication you would like it as a whole.

Or you could just watch this. Pretty good representation of how much it escalates, nakama and everything.

Well, when you cut whole arcs and all the fluff and all the annoying parts out, anything can look good. Even though Luffy still is annoying in that video. I guess you can't fix something like the Main Character that easily.

Branduil

You really make One Piece sound like a terrible show.

Cwarrior

Spoilers man spoilers, I wouldn't wish spoilers like that on my enemies, plus If i hadn't seen op that amv video will come off as random bits of bizarre actions scenes and wouldn't tell me why it's good.

it's good from the get go especially with the things that pass for good in this thread.

nanoha strikers 2

so weird that this season is more military and i guess politics.

And i guess all the programs/knights from A's are just... people now? Sure why not.

oh and adult yuri. YES.

ahem.

They are still high end programs fuelled by magic of their master ..They just have all their memories this time .
They don't have but can fake their appearance with magic if needed ..( because they don't age ).
Hayate gave them almost ful independance and they choose to stay by her side..

Nanoha Strikers 3

ooh training time. And speaking of which, weren't the whole cartridge system considered dangerous and what not in A's? Now everybody is using it!

The pacing of this show is so weird... they sure like to take their time now that this show is twice as long as previous ones eh?

Cartridge system was considered dangerous because it was unknow/uncharted territory ..
Let's say that people tested and it worked fine .. The church also helped .. ( something they didn't do before )
but that's side stories stuff ....

Let's just say that there are various limiters in place for preventing magic core damage ( you'll understand what this means if you watch it untill the end ) and the user magic going berserk ... it's considered safe when properly used , and that's something Nanoha and co are teaching them ATM..

Nanoha, fate, hayate are considered genuises at what they do so it should be alright..

Phi Brain s2 17

I really like puzzles like this. It's like one of those things with the dots disappearing when you press the adjacent one, but with colors instead.

Anyway, Pinochle is a little bitch. The back stories continue to be treated with such a serious, dark tone, but they remain relatively minor scenarios. It's interesting to see such a dark toned show accompanied by such light content. The reactions to
Pinochle's "death"
kind of reflect that.

Oh well, at least we're getting somewhere.

ZetaEpyon

The Durarara Blu Ray set is 189.99 (149), though at least the lunch box with it kind of looks nice and its all the episodes?

I guess this is about what I expected, although I sort of wish it was just a regular box instead of the lunch box thing. Non-standard sized releases really grate on me; some sort of OCD, I suppose.

I'll probably buy it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom