• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiGiKerot

Nanoha A 7

ouch.jpg

Mahou shoujo is serious business.

Were you watching the DVD or the TV version of that episode? If it's the episode I'm thinking of, I seem to remember they re-animated vast chunks of it for the home release.

Jex

I don't know... I think I like GC more than I do Eva. I was never a fan of the show. It also didn't click with me either.

Between this, your manga list and your anime list, I don't think we share very similar tastes.

Oh, was this post the start of something?

survivor

Banned
Out of this season is Campione the most well received harmeshit? I guess there is Oda Nobuna too but I'm not that interested in what they are doing.

well... ill watch until i stop then!

Strikers is just different from A's.

The characters are still themselves ..it's just that the setting has changed ...

As long as you don't compare it every ep to A's it's watchable ...as there are clear highlights in that season too (reinforce, main vilain , new cast ultimate moves, old cast new ultimates moves )..

Jex

Gotta agree with kayos on this one. GC>Eva.
Oh my gosh. Okay. If Eva and GC came out at the same time then I'd like Eva more. As it stands I appreciate Eva for its allusions and various references and themes. This is important to me because it shows the level of insight in a show. GC clearly doesn't have the level of Eva in this aspect. The reason I like GC is because it's more recent/modern. It has good animation and a really good OST. And it has Gai. Essentially, recent anime makes me like GC more than Eva.

Also, forgot to add that Awesome Shu beats Shinji, who is never awesome imo.

Oh man, I see that I really missed some fun. And I had so many .gifs ready for such an event!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Out of this season is Campione the most well received harmeshit? I guess there is Oda Nobuna too but I'm not that interested in what they are doing.
Oda Nobuna is probably the best haremshit. The others seem to be pretty garbage.

Although I suppose at least that Chocolate show looks like Amagami SS. lol

Jex

I agree with your post though. I can't remember who brought it up but I saw discussion in here once about how older anime benefited from directors learning and being influenced by film while the newer folk suffered in their craft due to learning from previous anime. That's what this felt like and really the first time I've felt that way about a show. It's like a rundown of (un)necessary bulletpoints from a trope list in order to evoke emotion and emulate older, better stuff without once considering why said stuff succeeded in the first place. I suppose creatively bankrupt would be a succinct description.

On the subject of what influences anime directors, I remember hearing that Satoshi Kon had a list of 100 or so important movies that influenced him and he was quite concerned because practically no-one left at Madhouse had seen them.

There's nothing inherently wrong with being a director whose been primarily influenced by anime but I am a little concerned where it leaves anime, in the longer-term. If you don't have any appreciation for the language of film but you work in it then a number of problems can arise. Sometimes cutscenes in videogames (I am looking at you, Bioware) can have this problem as well because you can tell that they only have a vague idea of how to shoot a scene or position a camera to create an effect in the audience.

JCG

According to the GC producers (I don't know what the director/writer think), Shu is Shinji version 2011/2012, so that obviously means he is the refined product!

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Campione sucks and its fans are not to be trusted.

nanoha strikers 2

so weird that this season is more military and i guess politics.

And i guess all the programs/knights from A's are just... people now? Sure why not.

oh and adult yuri. YES.

ahem.

survivor

Banned
Oda Nobuna is probably the best haremshit. The others seem to be pretty garbage.

Although I suppose at least that Chocolate show looks like Amagami SS. lol

Campione sucks and its fans are not to be trusted.

I dropped both but at least I lasted two eps in Oda Nobuna. Campione blows.

But I was told Campione had very awesome kissing scenes

Oh well, I guess I will just catch up on Dog Days and start the second season.

Cwarrior

If someone put a gun to my head and asked me "GC OR EVA!!"......I would choose the gun.

But If they denied me a human death and the right to die with some dignity and told me I would be put to death by watching one of the two.. then I would easily choose guilty crown.

There for guilty crown is better then eva

/discussion

But then why do people enjoy it so much at the start to get that far?

Clearly enough people liked those first fifty episodes enough to watch them all without being bored - and I don't begrudge them that with a show like One Piece. But frankly, why would I carry on watching something that bored me silly? I watched about ten episodes I think and it did nothing for me, so I stopped - and that's more than I'd usually give a show that wasn't holding my interest.

That doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad show - just not one that's to my taste. Plodding through fifty episodes just to get to "the good stuff" isn't going to change that.

One piece starts good but keeps getting a lot better with each arc, the early parts are jarring at first cause it feels like you walked in on a slapstick western asterx/popeye type cartoon and not an anime.

First couple of episode would lead to be believe it's

Disregarding the harem crap,

Campione has the most kissing, lots and lots of kissing.

Nobuna has the most action and hasn't been that heavy on the harem

Chocolate is the most bland with dark secrets abound everywhere

why watch campione when all you need is the kissing gifs?

i just dropped all of them.

that shinigami one with tits is ok... but it's not.. ok it's probably harem.

but story is nonsense and the quality is dropping drastically each eps.

poorly drawn tits ain't worth it.

Jex

Okay... That looks good. I'm not saying it looks fucking terrible. Jeez.

EDIT: This looks better than that video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ov-0lvneJQ

Once again, so I don't have to repeat myself. I'm not saying that Eva animation is horrible. I'm saying GC is just better.

So, to clarify, you believe that the Guilty Crown fight looks better than Iso's End of Evangelion fight? I don't even know what to say anymore.

I guess it's technically a matter of opinion. Technically.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
But Oreki is being affected!

There was that scene with him and Mayaka where she asks him why hes bothering to put in so much effort and he says it was because he couldn't let Chitanda down. And then the scene where he gets BUSTED looking at her hot sexy moe as good god almighty cosplay photos and the two of them share a passionate blush together. And the scene where he exerts more energy by yelling to save his friends than at any other point in the show.

developments!

It's pretty much confirmed at this point, right?

Jex

Hyouka 15

Mayaka is god awful (why not just quit?). Chitanda is the best. Fukube > Oreki. The character developments have been odd. Fukube has gotten some good quality time, they seem to finally be pushing along Oreki and Chitanda but Mayaka is a complete waste of time. Everything in this arc involving the manga club has been tedious and a pain to watch, with the show providing no explanation as to why she even cares enough to bother putting up with their shit or providing no explanation as to why the viewer should even care about her misery.
Your sound dismissal of best girl, a.k.a Mayaka, only demonstrates that your soul is missing.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Your sound dismissal of best girl, a.k.a Mayaka, only demonstrates that your soul is missing.

I think Mayaka is okay but they keep trying to bring in some narrative point with her and the Manga Society, which is really annoying imo. Ugh.

Jex

After its second weekend at the Japanese box office, Ookami Kodomo has pulled in over 1 billion yen in takings. That's over 12 million USD at the current exchange rate. It looks like it's on track to outgross Eva 2.0 (40 million), but whether it can match Ghibli's Poopy Hill (56 million) from last year is another matter.

The Furryocalypse has arrived and it is glorious.

duckroll

All I want to know is why she puts up with so much shit with the Manga club. I want an explanation dammit!

I don't think a person putting up with shit from undesirable members in a club they have a personal interest in is unusual. She clearly enjoys the subject, and the activities, and there are other members who talk to her normally. I mean, look at the dynamics of AnimeGAF!

I don't think a person putting up with shit from undesirable members in a club they have a personal interest in is unusual. She clearly enjoys the subject, and the activities, and there are other members who talk to her normally. I mean, look at the dynamics of AnimeGAF!

Who are the vocaloid cosplayers of AnimeGAF?

----

The Durarara Blu Ray set is 189.99 (149), though at least the lunch box with it kind of looks nice and its all the episodes?

survivor

Banned
Dog Days 3

This is not what I signed up for. Where are my large scale epic battles between cute and adorable cats and dogs? Next episode should be far better now that Gaul is doing his thing

Nanoha Strikers 3

ooh training time. And speaking of which, weren't the whole cartridge system considered dangerous and what not in A's? Now everybody is using it!

The pacing of this show is so weird... they sure like to take their time now that this show is twice as long as previous ones eh?

Averon

New Initial D Anime Coming

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-07-30/initial-d-manga-gets-new-anime-series

This year's 35th issue of Kodansha's Young Magazine is announcing on Monday that a new anime series adaptation of Shuuichi Shigeno's Initial D car-racing manga has been green-lit. The format of the new anime series — be it a television anime, original video anime, or another format — and other details have not been revealed. More details will be provided in the combined 36th/37th issue of the magazine on August 6.
Read more at http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...nga-gets-new-anime-series#4cEoJm28hLSlUWrg.99

Aww Shit! Can't wait for those new tunes to hit.

Jex

Team Oreki because Hyouka is maybe the first show I saw without a "best girl".

though I need to watch the last 4 episodes.

Oreki is pretty damn ripped, I'll give him that. Between him and Araragi male anime protagonists are clearly hitting the gym.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom