• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whose the yellow haired dude in the front of the group on that lunch box
tumblr_m7zmmiJY7k1qbxqfpo1_500.jpg

Articalys

Now I'm really terrified for the Bakemonogatari price.

I think I missed some sort of meaningful discussion over the last few pages.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Madoka Magica pricing and episode release scheme they could go for I guess, what was that, each four episode set was 79.99?
It was 120 for the whole series if you didn't care about the extra stuff. Still pricey as fuck, but what can ya do.

The Bakemono commentaries are probably worth a hundred bucks to me though, so if they ever decide to put it out here, there's a fair price I'm willing to pay for it anyway. Assuming they even bother with the subs I suppose.

I didn't know you were into that kind of thing, firehawk12.
It's like Cartman licking up those delicious tears man.

Ultimadrago

Haibane Renmei 4

There not much to say about this episode. We get proper time between Kana and Rakka, as well as gain insight to Kana's passion while living in the run down Old Home. Kana shows herself to be the more "rough and tumble" Haibane from the Home though she has good intentions towards Rakka and wants her to get accustomed to the life they live.

I find myself wondering on probable conflicts that may arise in future episodes. Rakka
never did share that she had a crow "friend" in her birth dream, did she?
Heck, I was even wondering whether
the Old Home clock
would be of significance down the line because of its mark of previous curiosity in technological advancement. You know, the usual story. Anyways, my thoughts mirror the ones I had before. I don't find myself aggravated with the show, yet I wouldn't mind "something to happen." Not to greatly undermine character interaction with Rakka and humans from outside the Old Home, but an overarching event to actively keep me looking forward to the next week would add to the experience. It hasn't come yet, but once it does, I hope it's executed in an entertaining and thought-provoking fashion.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Haibane Renmei 4

There not much to say about this episode. We get proper time between Kana and Rakka, as well as gain insight to Kana's passion while living in the run down Old Home. Kana shows herself to be the more "rough and tumble" Haibane from the Home though she has good intentions towards Rakka and wants her to get accustomed to the life they live.

I find myself wondering on probable conflicts that may arise in future episodes. Rakka
never did share that she had a crow "friend" in her birth dream, did she?
Heck, I was even wondering whether
the Old Home clock
would be of significance down the line because of its mark of previous curiosity in technological advancement. You know, the usual story. Anyways, my thoughts mirror the ones I had before. I don't find myself aggravated with the show, yet I wouldn't mind "something to happen." Not to greatly undermine character interaction with Rakka and humans from outside the Old Home, but I want an overarching event to actively keep me looking forward to the next week. It hasn't come yet, but once it does, I hope it's pulled off well.

Hah, I was wondering what was up with that post of yours earlier. :p
so what's so bad about all these crows?

Risette

A Good Citizen
Well, I ask because it's Region Free, thought it might...
Most JP Blu-rays are region free though.

They really need to include subtitles more often. Ignoring the import market seems kinda dumb -- especially when subtitles already exist.

On the plus side I'm pretty sure a US release will be coming soon.

codhand

It being region free doesn't change the BD specs though.

The only specs are $90 per volume x 4 volumes...

Ugh nvrmind

via ebay

Release : Jul.27.2012

Region : Free

Language : Japanese

Subtitles : Japanese

Text : Japanese

Disc : 1 (Blu-ray)

Time : 68min

Contains : Episode 1 to 3

$90 for 3 episodes not in english, pass.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Most JP Blu-rays are region free though.

They really need to include subtitles more often. Ignoring the import market seems kinda dumb -- especially when subtitles already exist.

On the plus side I'm pretty sure a US release will be coming soon.

They've been doing this for certain ones as of late. I know the Gundam Seed HD Remastered comes with English Subs. Same with Fate/Zero.

Articalys

Round two of the prelims. 16 characters from each of six reshuffled groups get a second chance.
1st 193 Mizuki Himeji @ Baka To Test To Shoukanjuu
2nd 191 Yozora Mikazuki @ Boku Wa Tomodachi Ga Sukunai
3rd 169 Makoto Kikuchi @ The Idolmaster
4th 163 Suzuha Amane @ Steins;Gate
5th 154 Chiaki Kurihara @ Mouretsu Pirates
6th 145 Saki Nagatsuka @ Ro-Kyu-Bu!
7th 139 Erika Kurumi @ Heartcatch Pretty Cure!
8th 138 Komaki Jindai @ Saki
9th 135 Ai Haibara @ Detective Conan
10th 133 Ayame Shaga @ Ben-To
11th 132 Yuniko Kouzuki @ Accel World
12th 130 Raika Oda @ Papa No Iukoto O Kikinasai!
12th 130 Yuuka Morigaki @ Saki
12th 130 Siesta @ Zero no Tsukaima
15th 129 Laura Bodewig @ Infinite Stratos
16th 127 Tomoki Sawamura @ Saki
This is Ai Haibara's ninth year in Saimoe, setting what must be some kind of goddamn tournament record.

And just to twist the knife for fun, a few people who barely missed the second chance cut:
18th 121 Sui Shijima @ Hanasaku Iroha
19th 118 Meme Touwa @ Denpa Onna To Seishun Otoko
20th 102 FNC @ Upotte!
21st 96 Rin Kaga @ Bunny Drop
22nd 93 Mai Minakami @ Nichijou

jman2050

Let's just say that there are various limiters in place for preventing magic core damage ( you'll understand what this means if you watch it untill the end ) and the user magic going berserk ... it's considered safe when properly used , and that's something Nanoha and co are teaching them ATM..

Nanoha, fate, hayate are considered genuises at what they do so it should be alright..

The worst thing Strikers did
was tell us how absolutely godly the three of them are at super magical beam spam shenanigans and then do everything possible to ensure we never get to actually see them at full power, ever. I mean yeah, maybe the end of A's led to unrealistic expectations but it still sucks!

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Round two of the prelims. 16 characters from each of six reshuffled groups get a second chance.

This is Ai Haibara's ninth year in Saimoe, setting what must be some kind of goddamn tournament record.

And just to twist the knife for fun, a few people who barely missed the second chance cut:

19th 118 Meme Touwa @ Denpa Onna To Seishun Otoko

AjXi1.gif

The worst thing Strikers did
was tell us how absolutely godly the three of them are at super magical beam spam shenanigans and then do everything possible to ensure we never get to actually see them at full power, ever. I mean yeah, maybe the end of A's led to unrealistic expectations but it still sucks!

If they were the star of the show it would have been almost boring as they ( the old cast ) destroy everything in opposition even in bad positions/situations..

there isn't even a contest.. even their nerfs still make them very high tier and the story really has to show that they can't intervienne ..for them to not to ( various plot device during that season were made only for that purpose ) ...
just for them not to fight ...because when they do ....well..

The real problem of strikers is that the cast is just too huge ..

Fisico

Code Geass Nunnaly Wonderland

nunnaly_spinzaku_500px.gif

Spinzaku's back

Otherwise it was some fucking low budget fanservice OVA, kinda look like a visual novel with the dialogue style and sometimes there was uh some animation i guess ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom