• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Yuru Yuri ♪♪ 05
LzyTY.jpg
Bland episode. I just wanted to go to the pool. Or really do anything interesting. And the yuri levels on this are starting to get way too low. At least the next episode looks good.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Well, I ask because it's Region Free, thought it might...
Yeah, don't buy anime from Japan unless you are a super fan or it'll never get licensed here.

Even then, I love Sora no Woto, but I'm not spending $70x7 for the privilege of owning it on BD. lol

cajunator

Banned
It is a most impressive figure, that's for sure. :D

It is. and if you havent seen the show, its funny as hell and youll love her in it.

Sukeban Deka Dub 1

"Why do people exist?" - Gouzou *flashes to giant snake* Mizuchi

Apparently they exist to whirl around bullet-proof yo-yo's as a weapon and laugh in the most over-the-top way imaginable. The entire premise of this is so over the top it's criminally fabulous~ and should be watched by everyone, but only the Dub.

Damn, Hosoda's raking in some mad money.

also why do you hate on Goro and his best work yet duckroll, hasn't he suffered enough having Hayao as a father?!??!?!

Hosodapocalypse is coming. You can't stop it. You can only accept it.

People can't be satisfied knowing F/Z is awesome, they have to convince us come hell and high water that the first episode wasn't garbage!

The first episode was not bad. It was drawn out, but I think most of it was necessary exposition. a LOT is going on in FZ.

That would be Envelope. He atoned for his sins though.

To be fair, Cowboy Bebop does have an episodic formula. Unless you watch specific episodes for plot advancement or character insight, you can pretty much watch any episode in any order.

Joshiraku 3

Gankyo > Tetora > Kigurumi > Kukuru
Fun show is fun.

I cant wait to get back to this and other show. Tuesday morning is really close!

Nanoha A 13

ah, and it ends with more death!

Ew everyone grew out of lolis into ugl- my god, what am i saying? i'm rotten!

anyhow, A is a ton better than first season in production, and nearly completely dumping the SoL shit. And fucking talking gun staffs. love the sound effects.

8/10.

They all turn into adults and you have StrikerS.
I probably would have recommended skipping straight to A's, but some of what Nanoha set up was obviously important to understanding how that world works. but yeah, A's just kind of said fuck everything and threw action in your face.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Star Driver 25 - Glad I skipped 19 eps to get here. Fight was kind of nice. Dumb end.

AKB0048 12-13 END - Sad nothing got solved mystery wise. Seems less sinister so I'm sad. All was downhill after ep 2 or 3, oh well.

Blood-C 1-3 - Looks like it follows the Golgo 13 forumula of 20 minutes non action and 2 minutes action. Seems really basic so far. Should I actually be watching this? I want my brain to be off. I'm already skipping a lot though in eps 2 and 3.

OceanBlue

I probably would have recommended skipping straight to A's, but some of what Nanoha set up was obviously important to understanding how that world works. but yeah, A's just kind of said fuck everything and threw action in your face.

There's the Nanoha movie, which I think has just enough world-building with plenty of action being thrown in your face.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
A lot of my conclusions have been drawn from things that, to me, are fairly obviously meant to lead us, as viewers, to certain conclusions. I would like to do a separate post about this at some point, but allow me to explain it succinctly. I think of these things as ‘signposts’ – things that are generally understood (whether they are accurate in real life is another matter) to be indicative of homosexuality in a character. For example, a female character who plays softball and has short hair. Here, softball and short hair would typically be assumed to be indicative of her sexual orientation; they work as signposts marking that the lady in questions enjoys the company of other ladies, wink wink, nudge nudge. Its a way for the author, the director, the whomever to “out” their character without saying so directly, even as they go for the stereotype to maximize audience comprehension of the character’s gayness.
GKLQH.gif

Anime nerds are the worst.

JCG

I would question the context, but Nunally is in Wonderland, afterall.
As for the comments on quality, I honestly didn't expect any better.
I do want to know, however, if there was anything...laughable by chance?

I thought the Spinzaku scene was funny. The rest was mostly fluff, yet also self-aware enough to chuckle once or twice.

But yeah, this was just a cheap picture drama. I'm looking forward to the other OVA, where they actually spent some time and effort.

cajunator

Banned
The mistake was starting it, that and getting into the hundreds with Bleach that was a waste of time.
I got that from the explanation at the end but if the buildup to that end game is that boring I don't wanna stick it out. I watch shit for entertainment not to answer any philosophical questions because I've already figured all of those out, thanks Twilight Zone!

Anyways, I think you guys shouldn't be surprised but I guess it's because I've been so scarce recently that maybe people don't know me yet. I'm mAcOdIn, I hate most things in anime, especially recent things in anime. I like tomboys and bad ass women who don't look like tomboys. I wont hold that against them. I like Holo, Spoor, Natsume Tsujimoto, Yakushiji Ryōko, Rally Vincent, women like that. I hate tsunderes, Tessa from Full Metal Panic and, well, I really hate Tessa from Full Metal Panic. I like mecha but hate most mecha shows. I hate NGE. Somehow I liked K-on enough though that I bought a guitar! I'm most recently miffed about purchasing Ghost Slayers Ayashi only to find out they don't hunt or slay any fucking ghost at all. Did I mention I like ghosts? Kobayashi's the best VA ever! Omigawa's cool too though. Shaft's the best studio now unless they actually try, then we get crap like Nisemonogatari or Madoka Magika but more Natsu no Arashi would be great. Only things I truly have to look forward to are Bluray re-releases of past shows because I think everything recent sucks or barely straddles the watchable. I'm one of those. And once we move on to the next sweet higher-def resolution waiting for the same shows to come out on that will probably be all I have to look forward to then too, until then though I will continue to watch shit and rage at how the modern fails to capture the lost magic of the past.

I disagree with a lot of what you say, but for some reason I don't mind seeing your insight into some things. I 'm probably biased because you appear to have a YUA avatar. Plus you like Rally Vincent and thats always cool with me.

Haibane Renmei 4

There's a common theme running through this episode.

Beyond that, this episode is about Rakka spending a day with Kana. Kana's an awesome spunky Makoto-type character, so I had a good time with this episode. Her boss is great too.

Everything has its place in the world of the show, and Rakka's still trying to figure out how it all fits together. The show is really taking its time in unfolding everything about the characters and what they do, so there's a lot of room for girls to do cute things while they talk about their lives. It's pretty nice to watch it once a week.

I wonder what else crows will do in episodes to come.

Haibane Renmei is good stuff. you will discover a few answers to some of the mysteries, but it will also open up new ones, many of which are up to interpretation and how you imagine it to be. Its not a show that explain every little detail.

Nanoha StrikerS 1

wow. shit is quite different now. Not really digging armor form nanoha as an adult. Twin tails on a grownup is a bit... not to me taste.

They did a fair job introducing the new gals, and i'm all for more folks having Revolver Stake style weapons.

Having magic circle on your grappling hook is a bit silly though.

But wow, how did nanoha end up in this show... i don't even. huh.

I wasn't as fond of what I watched of StrikerS. Them being adults is OK, but yeah the series peaked at A's. You saw the best stuff.

nanoha strikers 2

so weird that this season is more military and i guess politics.

And i guess all the programs/knights from A's are just... people now? Sure why not.

oh and adult yuri. YES.

ahem.

Oh I forgot to mention the yuri. Well that's one good aspect of StrikerS :D

Nanoha Strikers 3

ooh training time. And speaking of which, weren't the whole cartridge system considered dangerous and what not in A's? Now everybody is using it!

The pacing of this show is so weird... they sure like to take their time now that this show is twice as long as previous ones eh?

They're all big girls now! they can handle the cartridge system. (that sounds a bit dirty)

Is it also going to have terrible CGI cars and incredibly ugly character designs?

It better!

Fisico

I would question the context, but Nunally is in Wonderland, afterall.
As for the comments on quality, I honestly didn't expect any better.
I do want to know, however, if there was anything...laughable by chance?

It depends of what you find "laughable".
Skipping through the ova (i watched the full scene with Wakamoto though) i found three or four scenes which made me smile, everything else was kind of meh , except the Spinzaku one off course.

jman2050

Yuru Yuri S2 5

First segment was funny. Kyouko remains the best character. Sakurako and her little flavor of craziness has vaulted her up the standings this season. Wonder if she can keep this up.

I do take issue with the rather unorthodox decision of making the entire second segment a scenic look at an empty train station. Not sure what they were going for there.

cajunator

Banned
cajunator the anime Penguin Musume Heart 1

You have begun a strange and wonderful journey

dat beautiful Kanna

Kanna is definitely best girl. Man I want this set. Why can't they throw us a bone over here :( *flashes money at anime licensors

Wait, this is a real thing? This whole time I thought this was just a running joke on this forum.

Oh its real. What do we look like we would be the kind to make jokes?

Whose the yellow haired dude in the front of the group on that lunch box
tumblr_m7zmmiJY7k1qbxqfpo1_500.jpg

I will buy this for the lunchbox alone. I've never seen the show though. I hear good things about it.

Madoka Magica pricing and episode release scheme they could go for I guess, what was that, each four episode set was 79.99?

Madoka Magica was worth every cent. Totally fucking great series and Aniplex knocked it out of the park with the packaging and extras.

Haibane Renmei 4

There not much to say about this episode. We get proper time between Kana and Rakka, as well as gain insight to Kana's passion while living in the run down Old Home. Kana shows herself to be the more "rough and tumble" Haibane from the Home though she has good intentions towards Rakka and wants her to get accustomed to the life they live.

I find myself wondering on probable conflicts that may arise in future episodes. Rakka
never did share that she had a crow "friend" in her birth dream, did she?
Heck, I was even wondering whether
the Old Home clock
would be of significance down the line because of its mark of previous curiosity in technological advancement. You know, the usual story. Anyways, my thoughts mirror the ones I had before. I don't find myself aggravated with the show, yet I wouldn't mind "something to happen." Not to greatly undermine character interaction with Rakka and humans from outside the Old Home, but an overarching event to actively keep me looking forward to the next week would add to the experience. It hasn't come yet, but once it does, I hope it's executed in an entertaining and thought-provoking fashion.

So many watching my favorite series. Brings a tear to my eye.

memetotalljeg1.gif

The world is not ready for great MILFs

Meme was great. Unfortunately Erio was just so much better.

Yes. Yes. continue!

Someone told me that after my initial viewing. I should get back to it and check it out before I forget.

Sukeban Deka is another of those early OVA's that got me into the hobby. I have very fond memories of it!

Penguin Musume Heart 3

Everyone gets turned into cat girls and start raping cuddling with everyone.
Weird.

Yep. Its completely random. Penguin Musume mixes a bunch of genres together, parody style. Its totally fun. Penguin Musume herself is absolutely adorable too. the show changes direction a bit later so be aware of that.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yuru Yuri S2 5

First segment was funny. Kyouko remains the best character. Sakurako and her little flavor of craziness has vaulted her up the standings this season. Wonder if she can keep this up.

I do take issue with the rather unorthodox decision of making the entire second segment a scenic look at an empty train station. Not sure what they were going for there.

They were shitting on the whole idea of
beach/pool episodes
I presume.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom