• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

trejo

I thought DRRR was pretty good. Pointless somewhat but entertaining. What did you not like about it?

Awful one-note excuses of characters as far as the eye can see. I'll concede that the show's first half wasn't so bad because the novelty still hadn't worn off and because Celty is awesome but once the show hit its second half and shifted focus towards
the stupid kids and their stupid shit
it lost me completely and became more of a slog I had to subject myself to for completion's sake rather than anything even remotely entertaining.

In fact, I think after DRRR I started becoming even more strict about dropping shows if I just wasn't having a modicum of fun anymore.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Awful one-note excuses of characters as far as the eye can see. I'll concede that the show's first half wasn't so bad because the novelty still hadn't worn off and because Celty is awesome but once the show hit its second half and shifted focus towards
the stupid kids and their stupid shit
it lost me completely and became more of a slog I had to subject myself to for completion's sake rather than anything even remotely entertaining.

In fact, I think after DRRR I started becoming even more strict about dropping shows if I just wasn't having a modicum of fun anymore.

Wow. Interesting.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
tvEcR.jpg

You've established a genuine bond.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Do you think its worth buying for that nifty lunchbox? also Celty look like my kinda girl.
If you use lunchboxes and enjoy flashing anime bling on them...sure I guess. The design with the characters walking across the street on one side is kind of lame to me but I'm sure other people will probably like it.

I couldn't imagine watching DRRR more than once so I don't really know why anyone would buy it anyways unless they're superfans.

cajunator

Banned
Hmm. I might just buy DRRR for the lunchbox and watch the show later when I get bored.
A few episodes at a time or something. How long is it?

dimb

Hmm. I might just buy DRRR for the lunchbox and watch the show later when I get bored.
A few episodes at a time or something. How long is it?
24 standard with one and a half bonus episodes that are pretty bad. It's still streaming on a few sites I think, so I dunno, you could always try it out first.

cajunator

Banned
Shit, thats pretty long. Im intrigued by Celty. she looks pretty badass.
Maybe Ill just watch episodes with her in it.
I wish I could just buy the lunchbox :(

Interesting to see Akari basically got an episode all to herself in this weeks YuruYuri S2. Hopefully this doesn't mean next week is Akariless.

Only another minor appearance of her sister, the sly devil that she is.

Obviously you mean best appearance

82f08504.jpg

Edit: Holy crap, I just realized that Akari's older sister also has a hair bun from that picture.

cajunator

Banned
Its Monday, my favorite workday, so Ill see you guys tuesday morning when I actually have time to watch something.
I'm feeling up to tackling some Guilty Crown.
I know the dangers.

Dresden

Not gonna lie. I actually accept that Yuri relationship. It's the only one I accept in anime out of all the ones I've come across.

You're more okay with the twincest than all the other yuri stuff in anime?

If anything, the second bonus episode made me just want a second season of DRRR even more.

Yeah, I'd still like to see a second season, now that all the dumb kids stuff is out of the way.

dimb

Not gonna lie. I actually accept that Yuri relationship. It's the only one I accept in anime out of all the ones I've come across.
You are saying some pretty ridiculous things between last night and today.
kq00K.gif

Ultimadrago

Its Monday, my favorite workday, so Ill see you guys tuesday morning when I actually have time to watch something.
I'm feeling up to tackling some Guilty Crown.
I know the dangers.

After all the sideline exposure you've had, I don't know how much you'll be affected by it at this point.

In any case, down the bad pitfall ya go.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I'm okay with the Izaya's sisters' relationship for some reason. I know, it's really weird compared to what I've said about incest and yuri before. Meh... I don't know...

Kingdom 9
tumblr_m7zvz6VUgq1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Xin really brings lots of hilarious moments to the anime as well as that feeling that just pumps anyone up for the battles. Sure there was no fighting, but just that voice of his, and that exuberance he brings just keeps me wholly entertained the whole time. Xin and Diao are just really hilarious, especially the horse scene (both).

The other one in the capital would be an interesting character if he hadnt been so terrible minded when he was younger and treating everyone bad. I would almost wish he got something positive in return but his bad personality back then makes it hard to feel this way.

It will be interesting to see what strategem they employ for taking on the 80000 troops of Xiangyang with their tiny 3000.
I wonder what side Qi Wang is truly on since he doesnt want to give up Changewhes stuff
Good episode.

I'm okay with the Izaya's sisters' relationship for some reason. I know, it's really weird compared to what I've said about incest and yuri before. Meh... I don't know...
That's how these things always start. Just one exception to your normal tastes that you can't explain. Next thing you know, you're knee-deep in doujins.

cajunator

Banned
After all the sideline exposure you've had, I don't know how much you'll be affected by it at this point.

In any case, down the bad pitfall ya go.

I'm ready to rock, Guilty Crown. let's do this!

Cajun lives buy the motto buy before you try.

Actually, yes.
Thats how I buy the majority of stuff I watch.
That often includes movie blurays. Most of my collection was blind buys and it typically works out well for me.

jbug617

Banned
Actually, yes.
Thats how I buy the majority of stuff I watch.
That often includes movie blurays. Most of my collection was blind buys and it typically works out well for me.

Since I started buying anime, the only purchase i sort of regret is Samurai Girls on bluray. I went into to it blind but I really did like the art style

Just heard about the new Initial D anime, exciting. Haven't watched a new anime in a while. Funny how the magazine with the details is coming out on August 6th.. or 8-6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom