• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

jman2050

Meme is top tier moe, she just had the misfortune of being in the same show as god-tier moe Erio.

They were shitting on the whole idea of
beach/pool episodes
I presume.

Well don't do it by giving us an empty train station with no one in it!
sorry BGBW

cajunator

Banned
Meme is top tier moe, she just had the misfortune of being in the same show as god-tier moe Erio.

Well don't do it by giving us an empty train station with no one in it!
sorry BGBW

That's what I said earlier. Its not that Meme is bad, Erio is just a true goddess.

It's not really gay per se, but fujoshi and yaoi fans are attracted to it like flies on 3 weeks old jam.

Is that because of the mostly male cast?
Is there actual BL in it?
It seems to involve a gang and looks kind of cool. I can see where comparisons to Baccano could come into play.

You have begun a strange and wonderful journey

Yes. Yes. continue!

Yep. Its completely random. Penguin Musume mixes a bunch of genres together, parody style. Its totally fun. Penguin Musume herself is absolutely adorable too. the show changes direction a bit later so be aware of that.

The episodes are only like 10 minutes long, so it wouldn't really ever be a waste.
And on that note...

Penguin Musume Heart 4
6f27f.png

Desu~
Well that was something lol.
Yakutas are cute.
NO6Aj.png

Looks like it came straight out of my notebooks from grade school.

Taruranto

That's what I said earlier. Its not that Meme is bad, Erio is just a true goddess.

Is that because of the mostly male cast?

Yes. Especially Shizou and Izaya.

Is there actual BL in it?

Only in the mind of one character and in the official April joke Narita himself wrote.

It seems to involve a gang and looks kind of cool. I can see where comparisons to Baccano could come into play.

It's similar to Baccano, but at the same time not really. It's more "shounen".

cajunator

Banned
I'll catch up on the thread tomorrow, but...

Kannazuki no Miko 1 - 12

I have no idea why I did this.
Worst show I've ever seen. I want to die.
1/10

Oh, and for the new MAL users, add me.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Grzi

Good night.

Man, you must have really hated it. I gave it a 7. I used to watch just about anything that was anime. I'm probably clouded a bit by nostalgia but I remember enjoying KNM quite a bit.
I even bought the artbox and stuff. Its a pretty mediocre series I suppose.

Speaking of Mayaka from Hyouka is I recently game across a blog post that explains why she's such a good character - http://gargarstegosaurus.wordpress.com/2012/07/21/the-niece-of-manga-mayaka-ibara/

I'd say that it'll take you a couple of minutes to read.
It sounds like Mayaka's rather flawless. Refined taste, so intelligent that it actually hurts her grades, and when it comes to her schoolgirl crush she's not childish, anxious, or begging for his approval. At the end of the article, the writer addresses this by saying that Mayaka's actually more perfect than normal.

That said, she really makes Hyouka sound like a neat show. Backlog get.

cajunator

Banned
Yes. Especially Shizou and Izaya.

Only in the mind of one character and in the official April joke Narita himself wrote.

It's similar to Baccano, but at the same time not really. It's more "shounen".

Sounds interesting enough. I really want that lunchbox. Its rad.
You don't normally get cool shit like that with anime anymore. I got a mini locker box with SChool Rumble but that's the closest to it.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Sounds interesting enough. I really want that lunchbox. Its rad.
You don't normally get cool shit like that with anime anymore. I got a mini locker box with SChool Rumble but that's the closest to it.

I recommend you watch the show before you buy it? I don't know. You'll probably like Durarara!! I didn't like Baccano but I enjoyed DRRR!! a lot.

Go_Ly_Dow

But what does it all mean?

the meaning is obvious.

animegaf is extremely imbalanced with cajunator, as his existence makes the thread full of cute things.

some higher power saw this imbalance and has since countered this by possessing kayos90 and filled the thread with chaos and rage.

this can also explain his craziness.

Narag

the meaning is obvious.

animegaf is extremely imbalanced with cajunator, as his existence makes the thread full of cute things.

some higher power saw this imbalance and has since countered this by possessing kayos90 and filled the thread with chaos and rage.

Dark days ahead once they bond over Guilty Crown.

Yuru Yuri S2 5

First segment was funny. Kyouko remains the best character. Sakurako and her little flavor of craziness has vaulted her up the standings this season. Wonder if she can keep this up.

I do take issue with the rather unorthodox decision of making the entire second segment a scenic look at an empty train station. Not sure what they were going for there.

Mhmmm I really enjoyed Sakurako being unintentionally insulted by the little sister. Also Yui getting flustered in her game-dream with Kyouko and Akari.

Kyoukorin!!

trejo

Just wanted to chime in to say that DRRRRRRR is fucking awful and I deeply regret every minute I wasted watching those stupid characters. Celty is cool, tho.

Also, MILF gap moe >>>>> mentally challenged social reject moe. Amazing but true.

kayos90

Just wanted to chime in to say that DRRRRRRR is fucking awful and I deeply regret every minute I wasted watching those stupid characters. Celty is cool, tho.

Also, MILF gap moe >>>>> mentally challenged social reject moe. Amazing but true.

I thought DRRR was pretty good. Pointless somewhat but entertaining. What did you not like about it?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Interesting to see Akari basically got an episode all to herself in this weeks YuruYuri S2. Hopefully this doesn't mean next week is Akariless.

Only another minor appearance of her sister, the sly devil that she is.

jman2050

They are both excellent categories but dat sky blue hair and dem sparkles. Also, sadly, Meme has to suffer the 'old hag' penalty along with everyone else her age.

Theonik

AKB0048 12-13 END - Sad nothing got solved mystery wise. Seems less sinister so I'm sad. All was downhill after ep 2 or 3, oh well.
There's going to be a second season of AKB so it should be resolved then. I wouldn't worry about that yet.

the meaning is obvious.

kayos90 = Jin from BB?

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Sailor Moon S 99

The good: Haruka and Michiru had minimal screentime

The not so good: Yuichiro is the most forgotten side character of the series, there was really no need to pull him out of retirement

I've never seen Denpa Onna, but based on gifs and fanart Mama Denpa seems to be far and away the superior Denpa.
Not at all. She's grumpy, confrontational, and overly self conscious.
Which is why she's da best.
The blog just has an agenda and sells it.
Ah, gotcha. Seems kind of counterproductive to write about how great and realistic a character is without addressing her more "human" side.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
That coming from Trejo I'm not surprised, but I would also like to know what he hates about the show.
I thought DRRR was pretty underwhelming. It's got too many characters, many of whom aren't particularly distinct and almost all of whom are one dimensional. I don't regret watching it or anything, but it was just not particularly exciting or entertaining. The only characters I wound up liking were Celty and Izaya, which is pretty bad considering the size of the cast.

cajunator

Banned
I thought DRRR was pretty underwhelming. It's got too many characters, many of whom aren't particularly distinct and almost all of whom are one dimensional. I don't regret watching it or anything, but it was just not particularly exciting or entertaining. The only characters I wound up liking were Celty and Izaya, which is pretty bad considering the size of the cast.

Do you think its worth buying for that nifty lunchbox? also Celty look like my kinda girl.

kayos90

Hmm... I didn't enjoy the cast very much either actually. I think the english dub was pretty awesome though. Crispin Freeman as Shizuo is freaking amaaaaaaaazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom