• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

I really can't wait for Sakurasou. Mari Okada. :blush
Speaking of the Blue Exorcist movie... It appears that the official site has a Gallery of sorts they're updating regularly. It really gives off a strong Ghibli vibe (not surprising considering the director). It's pretty amusing to see a "Ghibli-style" shounen action movie. Hopefully the film lives up to the artwork...
Hype building.

The art boards are definitely by Shinji Kimura. :p

I'm just saying, the awesome design of True Cross Academy already existed.

GfPj0.jpg

Saint Seiya Omega 17
tumblr_m7y3a1DTWy1r1n5pqo3_500.gif

Poor Kouga. The river scene was awesome, Kouga and Souma are so childish acting like they had never saw water before and even Yuna got involved. The episode also proved that
Aria > Yuna, that defense of the girl was surprising.
. I think they need to boost Kouga up from a bronze saint to a silver saint, hes too impressive to stay on that level.

This was also the first episode where I immediately cut it off after they named the next episode, I dont want to be spoiled on the scenes for the next one especially since they show even more than the preview in the random sponser message. I have a feeling it will be an awesome episode for us
Souma
fans.

duckroll

You're right, it's animegaf :D

Yeah, and you can see the huge difference in the art direction of the movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13dg4jtkyVk

It's not really about being "more detailed" but rather a vastly different interpretation of the design. But I'm not sure why I continue to discuss this stuff with you. No offence, but every time we talk about art and design, you seem to have completely different opinions and understanding of the subject compared to my point of view, so whatever.

Yeah, and you can see the huge difference in the art direction of the movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13dg4jtkyVk

It's not really about being "more detailed" but rather a vastly different interpretation of the design. But I'm not sure why I continue to discuss this stuff with you. No offence, but every time we talk about art and design, you seem to have completely different opinions and understanding of the subject compared to my point of view, so whatever.

Fair enough.

Space Bros 18

Oh god, that's such a dick command, especially for people that embarrass easily. I don't know if I'd be able to do it (though if I made it that far, I probably could).

cajunator

Banned
Not inherently. If it was more off the walls or something then I might not mind.

I'm in a self-punishing mood so I think I'll catch up with Hyouka instead.

It does start out not really doing much like Lucky star, but it picks up later
It doesnt seem like the show for you though.

Kokoro Connect 1
Well I'm interested, and it was definitely entertaining.

Boku Wa Tomodachi Ga Sukunai first episode first 3 minutes
Actually I've already read the manga, so I dropped it.

Texhnolyze: the Misadventures of Hobo Caim and Cyborg Freddie Mercury 2-4

Oh man. This show. So many crazy people. So much sadomasochism. I love it. Even though I have only the faintest idea of what's actually going on.

One part that stood out was Hobo Caim
tying his severed arm and leg to his waist and then dragging himself to the city.
It was equal parts hilarious and agonizing.

Visually it isn't perfect, and I'm sure certain members of GAF would have a field day with the CG parts, but some of the art is still really striking. It's driving me nuts that I can't take screenshots since I'm watching it on my TV.

Hopefully there's more of psychotic doctor lady. That
mostly-implied sex scene
was super hawt. Thoraxes or anyone else who's seen this:
are there dongs in the uncensored version?
This knowledge is critical to my viewing experience.

Finally, fuck Netflix and its disc-by-disc method! I want more but now I'm stuck until Wednesday. :(

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Watched the GitS movie for the first time. I've tried the TV series in the past and couldn't really stomach it, but I found the actual film to be intensely interesting. I hadn't watched any Oshii stuff before and now I find myself compelled to dig through his stuff. I think I remember the GitS:2 Innocence Blu-Ray being like $20 a few months ago and now it looks like the thing is out of print. Really missed out on that.

Gundam Wing 11 - 12

Wufei and Trowa really do have inner struggles that need to be addressed. Wufei managed to get through his a bit though a permanent solution should be found
Nice fight and destruction of the forces in 12
. Trowa is scaring me if he is gonna do what I think he is
self sacrifice, please dont
. 12 was one of the happiest moments for me all day.
Heero didnt die, seriously, he didnt. But confined to the bed, but still a live is great. Now if only the professor can toss him another MS, and he gets better. Really well done how the anime made us think he was dead in the 10th episode then even goes an entire episode without him and then brings him back up in a surprising moment with Trowa. Surprised he was living with him for a month and their personalities are so alike in some ways. I hope they team up now that Duo is with Quartre and possibly my newest favorite team.

The Relena scene was actually kind of decent
almost shooting the commander and then making a dashing escape, with training she might even become a decent asset for the protagonists

cj_iwakura

Texhnolyze: the Misadventures of Hobo Caim and Cyborg Freddie Mercury 2-4

Oh man. This show. So many crazy people. So much sadomasochism. I love it. Even though I have only the faintest idea of what's actually going on.

One part that stood out was Hobo Caim
tying his severed arm and leg to his waist and then dragging himself to the city.
It was equal parts hilarious and agonizing.

Visually it isn't perfect, and I'm sure certain members of GAF would have a field day with the CG parts, but some of the art is still really striking. It's driving me nuts that I can't take screenshots since I'm watching it on my TV.

Hopefully there's more of psychotic doctor lady. That
mostly-implied sex scene
was super hawt. Thoraxes or anyone else who's seen this:
are there dongs in the uncensored version?
This knowledge is critical to my viewing experience.

Finally, fuck Netflix and its disc-by-disc method! I want more but now I'm stuck until Wednesday. :(

Uh, there isn't an uncensored version?

That is one of the most confusing animes I've ever seen. ABe's art was god-tier, though, as was the OP.

Uh, there isn't an uncensored version?

That is one of the most confusing animes I've ever seen. ABe's art was god-tier, though, as was the OP.
There isn't? The beginning of the show appeared to be quite blatantly censored, and Thoraxes seemed to agree with this, though I may have misunderstood him.

It's certainly confusing, but everything that's happening on screen has been interesting enough on its own merits. Hopefully it either stays this compelling or it sheds some light on things.

Narag

Gundam Wing 11 - 12

Wufei and Trowa really do have inner struggles that need to be addressed. Wufei managed to get through his a bit though a permanent solution should be found
Nice fight and destruction of the forces in 12
. Trowa is scaring me if he is gonna do what I think he is
self sacrifice, please dont
. 12 was one of the happiest moments for me all day.
Heero didnt die, seriously, he didnt. But confined to the bed, but still a live is great. Now if only the professor can toss him another MS, and he gets better. Really well done how the anime made us think he was dead in the 10th episode then even goes an entire episode without him and then brings him back up in a surprising moment with Trowa. Surprised he was living with him for a month and their personalities are so alike in some ways. I hope they team up now that Duo is with Quartre and possibly my newest favorite team.

The Relena scene was actually kind of decent
almost shooting the commander and then making a dashing escape, with training she might even become a decent asset for the protagonists

When Toonami was on April Fool's day, the played episode 10 of Gundam Wing along with a few other episodes with heartwrenching or amazing climaxes as this amazing troll move since there'd be no followup.

Narag

There isn't? The beginning of the show appeared to be quite blatantly censored, and Thoraxes seemed to agree with this, though I may have misunderstood him.

It's certainly confusing, but everything that's happening on screen has been interesting enough on its own merits. Hopefully it either stays this compelling or it sheds some light on things.

I could swear someone told me that the beginning was intentionally like that so they'd lose people with short attention spans or whatnot before getting to more traditional storytelling. At least that's what I remembered when I asked the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom