• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

fertygo

I refuse to watch Age due to the kids lol. I just don't feel the "kids with mecha" thing.

You have a point, but the franchise started with the same thing you know.

AGE's protag not less younger than most of other Gundam's protag even the main one.

The reason you want to avoid AGE because its not good, not because this silly reason.

didn't AGE art style change some part through?

Isn't that the whole premise. Time skips to make it start out as UC looking and end with more modern looking stuff?

The AGE main pilots are all in line with the ages of the main pilots from most other Gundam (00 skewed a bit older I believe). In fact, I think Uso from Victory is still the youngest...and that was Kill-em-all Tomino at his peak. I suppose AGE's art style lends itself to a younger demographic (which is what Bandai wanted to target) so I can still see where you're coming from.

Thats why I like Gundam 00, characters that are in their 20s. :p

Plus, the fact that its not UC

Thats why I like Gundam 00, characters that are in their 20s. :p

Plus, the fact that its not UC

Thats kind of getting to where characters are just way too old. Like Setsuna F Seiei and Saji Crossroads were really the only consistently good characters in that, oh and Ribbons Hallmark. Though I just cant ever getting into old characters.

Dont know what UC is.

didn't AGE art style change some part through?

Isn't that the whole premise. Time skips to make it start out as UC looking and end with more modern looking stuff?

The art style has stayed consistent all the way through so far, at least as far as character designs go. I see your point with the mech designs...in the case of the AGE-1 through AGE-FX it's an evolution of design seeming to be taking cues from other Gundam series. There isn't any kind of drastic art style change though.

I just signed up for a one week free trial of HuluPlus so I can watch Texhnolyze, and I'm still getting ads. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of having a paid membership?

I just signed up for a one week free trial of HuluPlus so I can watch Texhnolyze, and I'm still getting ads. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of having a paid membership?
Hulu defense force is something like you still get ads with cable and or something.

And let's face it, current Netflix streaming model is unsustainable for long without price increase and/or ads.

Now you can watch Accel World and Rinno no Lagrange in full 720P HD on both computer and mobile devices and PS3. Really I got Hulu plus just for Accel World, and I think its worth it and for Lagrange too. Commercials are a minor inconvenience, imo. Ill probably keep each anime season if they keep bringing anime to it, much better than netflix and comparable to funimations.

Aw. I was hoping I was doing something wrong and that there weren't supposed to be ads. :(
Now you can watch Accel World and Rinno no Lagrange in full 720P HD on both computer and mobile devices and PS3. Really I got Hulu plus just for Accel World, and I think its worth it and for Lagrange too. Commercials are a minor inconvenience, imo. Ill probably keep each anime season if they keep bringing anime to it, much better than netflix and comparable to funimations.
Best part is that they don't have the rights to make Texhnolyze available on 360/PS3/etc, so I'm still stuck watching it on my shitty, busted laptop screen.

Genshiken 2 5

Ogiue, you filthy fujoshi.
This episodes got :DTL written all over it. Who knew Ogiue had such perverted mind?
vUCOV.png

Dat ugly upscaling.

mAcOdIn

Sora no Woto
Sora no Woto is super adorable squee happy funtime. During a war.
Eh, not really. More like during a cold war.

Samurai 7
Huh. I recall enjoying samurai 7. Fights had a good feel and the whole clash of culture and what not works for the most part.

And samurai vs mecha totally sounds like toonami.
Samurai 7 was terrible. Terrible.

Genshiken 2
Ogiue is almost as cute as Ohno. almost.
No way, she's second behind Kasukabe, Ohno's kinda.... boring.

Mardock Scramble: The Second Combustion
Mardock Scramble: The Second Combustion

stuff and the image of a dolphin.
Is that dolphin like a homage to Johhny Mnemonic? Ever since then if something has cybernetic dolphins I assume it sucks.

I haven't even gotten myself to watch ep. 2 yet.
Huh? Am I the only one between us watching something shitty this season? No way, what else are you watching?

Sword Art Online 1-4

So far I like it quite a bit. I just find shows that use lethal MMO's to be interesting to watch. Especially how they rationalize different MMO concepts within the show itself.

Looking forward to where this ends up.

Novid

Banned
Hulu defense force is something like you still get ads with cable and or something.

And let's face it, current Netflix streaming model is unsustainable for long without price increase and/or ads.

Which is why Netflix will be done in 5 years. they dont own the line, they screw the metrics of everybody else - if 30 percent of the internet is netfilx streaming and its no where near as good of a streamer as say others were - then its only a matter of time.

Which is why i keep saying the fanbase - dont worry about if they worry about reverse importation or not. I only care about how they master the anime for Blu-Ray. If there using a master tape than your all getting fucked over, period. If they are using some sort of massive server or Professional Disc then you can have good to best quality. Thats all i care about at this stage. Once they stop using Magnetic Tape then we can worry about the little shit like production (which sucks in the US because nobody can code java for shit anymore)

I really wanted to give Age a shot but I just can't get past the art. Bailed after 1 episode.
15 year olds
http://images.wikia.com/gundam/images/e/e1/Gundam_Wing_Pilots.jpg[/IG]
VS
14 year old
[IMG]http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/1/16201/1813698-f_asuno_large.jpg[/IG][/QUOTE]

You should give it a shot, Age 1 was pretty good and even had the [url=http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/332/8/8/gundam_age__g_exes_by_tristtrist-d4hlyx6.gif]G-exes[/url]! and some good ground level Gundam fighting in the Titus.
[img]http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/332/2/e/gundam_age__gundam_titus_by_tristtrist-d4hlf7u.gif

Even if G Gundam was crap (which its not) There is far too much shit in the Gundam universe for this statement to be true.

Agreed for the most part. Outside of G-Saviour (if one was even to count that) I hesitate to call anything COMPLETE shit in the Gundam universe, but in my opinion you can do much, much worse than G.

Besides, G has one of the best mech designs ever:

gf13-066no.jpg

Nether Gundam FTW :D

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Anohana 2-6

Really like this show. I'm glad they didn't use Index's voice for Menma. Would've driven me crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom