• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defuser

Sword Art Online 5 Pre-Releae Images

http://seventhstyle.com/2012/08/02/sword-art-online-ep-5-pre-release-images/

More Egil is always good... Always....

06DMI.jpg

:DTL

Kirito x Klein Egil.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Rape, waifus, and big black
gamers

DiGiKerot

This was a good watch. I knew a lot of the stuff already but this guy was entertaining.

Jonathan Clements is pretty great when you see him talk in person - he's done the introductions and interviews for the films at the Scotland Loves Anime event for the last couple of years, and I've seen him generally just shoot the shit about the industry for a while a couple of times. Joked about Fractale on both occasions, which is always a plus.

Saying that, as many great industry anecdotes as he has, he does have a habit of pulling his punches a little too much in a lot of his written articles (though I did get him to sign my copy of Schoolgirl Milky Crisis once!)

cm osi

We had enough S1 vs. S2 character design discussions so I will post just his

uhm i like better the first season but at least the second season wasn't so shitty-deformed as k-on.
the movie has the second season design or a mix of the two? i can't really tell

Andrew J.

It seems Mayaka's cosplay convinced a lot of people here to watch They Were Eleven.

Now, who's gonna be the first one to marathon one of the many Himitsu no Akko-chan anime?

Have you checked out the manga for comparison or rather, to see if the source material is superior?

I went ahead and read the manga; it's pretty compact. I would say it's better than the film - it has a smoother flow and tighter focus. Even though it has less time for characterization, it uses the time it has more efficiently (no food fight!) and even includes some extra nuggets of cultural background that got left out. The plot surrounding the eleventh is more satisfying,
as there are stronger hints to his identity
. It doesn't completely resolve my concerns over how Frol is handled, but
it does make Frol's attraction to Tada more believable thanks to a late scene showing him sacrificing for Frol, puzzlingly omitted in the adaptatation.

All in all, I'm even more puzzled now as to why the film made the choices it did.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I forgot about that show and the yuri within. Not sure how I could have forgotten really.
These things happen.
Because it was a crappy idol vehicle that used controversy in an attempt to get publicity. :p

I'm sure every other episode was pulled from TV for one reason or another. lol

Teaser: http://www.p3m.jp/

It's the same clip at the end of the P4 recap movie screening.
No FeMC = bomba.

Capt Taylor 18

"What if the captain was here, what would he do?"

quite a suicide message.

and holy shit. Empress is so hnnngh!

interesting setup for the final arc.

Gonna be so weird watching LOGH after this.

cajunator

Banned
Kyouka no Asuka Show - 01

eh...

+watchlist

:Cajun mode activate!

Capt Taylor 18

"What if the captain was here, what would he do?"

quite a suicide message.

and holy shit. Empress is so hnnngh!

interesting setup for the final arc.

Gonna be so weird watching LOGH after this.

Azalyn is one of my favorite parts of the show. I should just sit down one of my off days and marathon the whole thing again. And then Nadesico right after. It wouldn't be a bad use of time.

Binbougami ga 5

Great adaptation of the shrinkage arc so far. More a setup for the next episode than anything else, which should be full of tears, smiles, laughs and other words that are awesome. Can't wait.

I was just about to post that picture .

The manga to anime adapatation is very good so far and i can't wait to see the first arc for all the characters develloppement.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Hayate no Gotoku! - 27-28

YES! YESSS! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

In the words of Norio Wakamoto this episode: "Zettai unmei mokushiroku."

Hayate no Gotoku! - 29

I'm dying here.

I may eventually benefit from a rewatch of this as my anime reference knowledge base has increased considerably since I first saw this. I would have never gotten that Utena reference back in 2008 or whenever this aired.

I'm waiting for it to be more than just the standard selfish->learning moment->troll ending back to selfish thing over and over again.

That's not much worse than Gintama's laziness->character development->plot advancement->back to status quo formula.

And it will probably change in a few weeks when Ranmaru gets introduced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom