• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
I think vomiting girl moe is starting to affect your senses. This Ilya is much cuter, I actually like the different hair when she's in Mahou Shoujo costume.

Definitely not.
This Ilya is meh.

This is Ilya is good
XK9g9.gif

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
irresponsible capt tylor 2

Ok that was quite entertaining. Dude does give me a Luffy vibe. Dude should be a politician.

Thanks for killing any chances of my ever watching this, Chickdigger.

Also that Fate/Prisma visual sucks, the manga sucks, and the anime will suck.

Definitely not.
This Ilya is meh.

This is Ilya is good
XK9g9.gif

You should read the Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA☆ILLYA manga and get back to me on that. I'm not denying the cuteness of canon Ilya, because you can't improve on the distinctive homunculus eye design and the silvery blond hair, but that familiar conservative dress is really boring in the costume department. Mahou Shoujo costume is better.

I love how she always curtsies when she introduces herself, just before she calls Berserker to kill her new friend.

Also that Fate/Prisma visual sucks, the manga sucks, and the anime will suck.

Time to return to sender!

Articalys

Sket Dance 69

Eh, crummy pair of chapters for this week's episode. Part two was better than part one.

Next week, though, is another one of the best arcs in the series. Will be looking forward to it.

Anohana

I think I enjoyed the show overall more than I did Clannad but the best part of Clannad doesn't really top the best part of Anohana. Anyway, comparisons aside, the following is my thought and the possible review of Anohana I guess.

Anohana was amazing in almost every single way. It excelled in a plot that gripped me straight from the beginning and all the way to the end - despite its somewhat awkward execution. I think the aspect that stood out to me most was the dichotomy of friendships as a child and as a teenager. After watching the show I realize how naive, idealistic, uncaring, and innocent children are. These friendships create I think the more pure friendships at heart despite the negative feelings. It isn't until that people grow older and older that we become more aware of these negative feelings and it changes us. For the Peace Busters it was harder than ever as the link the binded them shattered. With Menma dead nothing could keep them in check and nothing held them together.

I think Anohana is a story of what friends hide each from other, how friendships last throughout time, how friendship changes us while all the time keeping us the same, and how friends are ultimately what drives us to do the things we do sometimes - whether it be good or bad. In all honesty, I watch Anohana and it helps me to remember that I am still the same person as I was over a decade ago while still being different. It also helps me to know that the friendship that I forged and broke long ago also created the person I am. Seeing how everyone reacted to Menma and their friendship with each other pretty much revealed to me the depth of their sadness as well as their happiness.

Overall, I'd recommend this show to anyone who enjoys drama and a good story. I haven't experienced something like it in quite some while and it was a thrill marathoning it.

Yes it was great in all these areas especially as they went on to mend their feelings and friendship. Hopefully more anime attempt these types of dramas in the future, theyll always be something I could enjoy.

I just assume everyone is their avatar.

Am I sora or neku, naruto or sasuke? oreki or satoshi?

I don't like his view regarding many female characters personally.

I dont understand, really. At least in many anime of the genres I like, female characters are 95% of the time not really designed well or play any sort of role worth mentioning in their stories. Surely it cant be my fault when even the characters themselves call their self "worthless deadweight" like Naruto's Sakura Haruno, or just stand there for an entire 23 minute episode and say, and I kid you not, saying repeatedly whenever she gets screentime, "Kurosaki-kun, Kurosaki-kun, Kurosaki-kun, Kurosaki-kun, Kurosaki-kun". Characters need to have good design and do something substantial and significant to be likeable to me, however there are characters that can be awesome characters on design alone.

Uchip

Banned
isnt moe something that you want to protect
women soldiers seem like the type that would be protecting you
the reverse moe

Oh come on. I don't normally find vomit cute. Its normally disgusting. but the girl has a cutel ittle hairpin and is generally a cute design and the little cat has a face like "why did you just puke on me nyaa?"
I just find this picture adorable. You could show me a dozen more drawings of characters vomiting and I wouldn't find it cute at all. Its just the combination of elements in this that is just so great.
[...]
I think i understand . i'm impressed with your skill as a master of cute.

I can't stop listening to the Joshiraku ED.
I am ok with this.
Same here..

Articalys

To Love-Ru Darkness is too hot for just one OVA.

The September issue of Shueisha's Jump Square magazine is announcing on Saturday that the limited edition of the sixth To Love-Ru -Trouble- Darkness manga volume will bundle a second anime DVD. The DVD will run about 25 minutes long and contain three episodes. The limited edition bundle will ship on December 19.

The anime shorts will adapt the manga's chapter 19 "Nostalgia ~Ano Toki, Ano Basho de~," the bonus extra chapter "Flower ~Mebaeru Kanjō?~" and the bonus extra chapter "The Changing Heart ~Sunao Kanjo~."

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
isnt moe something that you want to protect
women soldiers seem like the type that would be protecting you
the reverse moe

I believe you can narrow it down to something you have a burning passion for. Perhaps the idea of being swept off your feet by a strong woman is that passion.

Polar Bear Cafe 18

Panda life is suffering. But yeah i'd be pissed if my birthday was slotted with my bro.

Next time's papercraft is cute.

And panda imouto <3

wonzo

Banned
LOGH 14

Damn, that's some very harsh but unfortunately true words. This show certainly doesn't pull any punches, especially at the very end of the episode.
I hope Franz and Therese can pull through in the end. ;_;

I will say that the little talks with Yang and that Bucock dude we're great. Especially the later as that one not only
brought down that stuck up piece of shit Falk down a peg but also caused him to have a nervous fit due to a medical condition. What's even more amazing is that Bucock just brushed what happened off and got straight to the point.
It's pretty fucked up but I'd be lying if I said I didn't laugh.

The scene at the end with the
destruction of Therese's father's home following the Admirals drinking wine as they go off to battle did a great job of symbolising the disconnect between the people and the soldiers dealing with the horrors of war face-to-face and relative comfort of the Admirals away from most of the violence. The other part with Admiral Lobos taking a nap also did a pretty good job of this.

logh14d.jpg

<3 kircheis

sonicmj1

Gunslinger Girl 4

This episode focuses on a third pair of "siblings", Hirscher and Triela. It seems like Triela's a lot less okay with this setup than most people so far. Hirscher's too stoic to be a good partner, and he wants to know how to get Triela to like him more. Seems like he just has to loosen up a bit.

l7IxC.png

Is that how he wanted it to sound?

Hirscher wants to do the right thing. So does Triela. It's weird how these people end up in such a sketchy job. Everything's happening in this odd moral gray zone, and the more I watch, the more uncomfortable with it I get. That's both good and bad.

Revolutionary Girl Utena 30

Interesting symbolism in this episode.

Yw5j6.png

The progression in this repeated image worked really well with the mood of the episode, tying into the
"only two people on a date"
stuff. It also made the ending pretty foreboding.

Besides that, Akio remains as enigmatic as ever.
I'm sure he has some nefarious purpose behind his seduction of Utena, but man, she's in middle school. That's super sketchy. I think he may be trying to drive a wedge between her and Anthy.

I feel like I'm not far from the home stretch.

wonzo

Banned
Ro-Kyu-Bu! 8

it seems they've shifted from mentioning their breast size in the eyecatch to their first swimsuit which kinda makes sense given how the elementary school girls spent most of their time in one this episode...

drapertears.gif

why does this exist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom