• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atrophis

Ok I haven't followed the anime scene for years but...SATOSHI KON IS DEAD WHAT THE FUCK??? AND HE DIED TWO YEARS AGO. Oh man I am so depressed right now. How did I not know this?

Necrovex

Get that non-anime heathen shit out of this thread. You're going to ruin everything!

I want to give this a try. Supernatural isn't a bad IP to turn into an anime. It's probably better than the first season, though that's not saying much.

Edit: Looks like this anime is compacting the first two season. A little hard to see that working. The first season had a bit of filler, but the second season stuck to the plot heavily.

Hagure Yuusha no Estetica 10

This anime continues to just have all these awful moments, girls peeing on themselves moment is still the worst, but then this, it almost seemed like I was watching the wrong genre all of sudden when she started sucking
it was so awkward and stuff and all naked exposed boobs on top of naked Akaii, and he was gripping her and moving his arms under her underwear...I couldnt.

The actual actual of Akaii v Phil was cool though
Akaii so powerful, the renakai-dadadah or whatever was actually really epic in terms of how it augmented his lack of magic and such for ultra healing and defense and power. The air current looked amazing

Jex

Ok I haven't followed the anime scene for years but...SATOSHI KON IS DEAD WHAT THE FUCK??? AND HE DIED TWO YEARS AGO. Oh man I am so depressed right now. How did I not know this?

I dunno how man, we made enough noise about in these parts.

Now I feel depressed about the whole thing again.

Jex

The shame is strong:

Code:
[B][B]User Name	Posts[/B]
[/B]cajunator	570
kayos90	390
duckroll	302
Chet Rippo	271
Branduil	252
wonzo	218
Jexhius	211
Narag	193
Dedication Through Light	192
KO Traveling Hobo	162
Feels good to be so low.

trejo

Sounds like all the more reason to watch it.

No, it's not like our usual "oh lawd this is so awful will keep watching", it's just legit not a fun watch.

The dialogue is insipid, the monster of the week stories are lame, etc. It's just really boring and despite what the trailers would have you believe most of the time it looks remarkably low budget. Sure, you could say the same thing about the live action show too, but at least that one has Dean. *swoons*

Jex

I'm getting such mixed signals here...

I haven't seen episode 11 yet. I'm just mentioning that, while most of the series was rather average episodes 9 and 10 were a complete return to the quality of the opening episodes. So it declined, and then came back again.

7Th

But I heard romance wasn't really all that important int the show....

It is!

wCfsN.jpg

Yes, they are both girls~

Space Bros 23

The staff must really love boeing 787 eh? Only plane Mutta ever flies in lol.

iujk2Ohg1gUKo.gif

I got the weirdest boner right now.

Could be edited to suit your needs in the future :(

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Grass starters are the lamest in every gen so I guess I have to decide whether fire or water is better at
resisting electromagnetic radiation

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm getting such mixed signals here...
I haven't seen the new one yet, so I dunno if something changes.

This is my catch-up day anyway, so sure, hahah.
Nobuna! Nobuna!

Dat Kanna-face/Kokoro Connect
On the one hand, I agree with your feelings on that scene. On the other, it's hard to see it happening any other way
with Inaba. She had to be forced into that situation; it's not like she'd go chat with Aoki or Yui about it or something on her own. But maybe they could have forced it earlier.
AnoNatsu does it a lot better, but considering that's pretty much the only thing going on in AnoNatsu it had better do it right!
She could have been confronted by the third wheel guy instead, or by someone else. I just think that
having her both confront Iori and also explain her hang-ups loads the scene with too much information. It's necessary, but it's just way too much plot that needed to happen there.

That hasn't been my experience with Japanese cartoons!
I can't think of a decent genuine gay relationship in anime that isn't panderbait. There are various lesbian relationships that are just "there", and even a trans relationship in Wandering Son with Yuki, but a gay one... naw.

I don't know what that means, but I'm guessing maybe that everybody's romantically compatible with everybody? (
The opposite of AnoNatsu.
)
The thing where everybody loses their inhibitions and are unable to control themselves. The most common variation of this trope is having everyone somehow become drunk via magical means. Even P4 couldn't resist this, come to think of it. :p

That would have been shocking more for not making any sense at this point than anything else. :p
It could be why that other guy is so obsessed with stalking that blond girl. :p

In Kokoro Connect?
Well, it's a male-targeted heterosexual romance fantasy, right? Like most light novels.
And not a purely silly thing like Nyaruko where the character relationships are all jokes.
So yeah I wouldn't expect it to spend any significant time on a gay relationship.
It's be like spending time on lesbian romance in a Harlequin romance novel or putting full-length gay routes in an eroge
(goddammit 0verflow)
As for lesbians, I don't think Fujishima is fake.
Oh yeah, I know who this is for. I just think you couldn't really do a jokey gay character like Fujishima. And I also think she's fake-gay. In the way that all anime girls like to feel each other up when they go to the onsen or take a shower. lol

I'm definitely curious about the books for the second arc, because the anime felt like maybe it was missing something.
Yeah, perhaps.

Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka of the Dead 0

I cracked up when Orito screamed "X!"

I hope this gets another season, but I don't think it will :(
I just remembered... this was one of the shows this year that didn't even get the 12 episodes, right? And that secret announcement at the end turned out to be just a BD box set? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom