• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Eccentric Family Episode 5 – The Friday Fellows
tumblr_mr0jkfCO281qbxqfpo1_500.png

Entertaining episode at times was bored at a few parts, but they fortunately changed scenes whenever it happened. Liked the style change for the meat part.
Though seemed to be a bit of a struggle in the conversation for liking tanuki but still eating them, pretty bizarre, though Benten gave an alright conclusion on the matter.

Tenumi

Banned
errrr I don't think anyone
except firehawk <3
has a problem with people watching SAO/etc, but negative opinions about shows should still be allowed...

Not saying negative opinions are bad. They're good. Its just insults and ridicule about shows and people watching those shows.

Gee... so much hate energy in here. I don't get it... I just don't get it...

Does it really matter what other people watch? Does people need to insult and ridicule those that are watching what entertains them?

Sometimes I wonder why I post here...

We're just having fun.

fertygo

I must be on crazy pills, because I think the Monogatari has had a great style and has looked good for the entire run.

LOBOy63.gif

Now if only GIFcam would cooperate with me. I don't think it likes the show very much, because it introduces odd artifacts no matter what I do.

turn off that green color option in edit mode with right click if that's what you meant.

fertygo

//i.imgur.com/T27SVER.gif[/IMG]

I'm sure I need to flip a setting somewhere.

Sorry can't help, pal.

And honestly I don't see anything too bad.. If you want perfect .gif I think you should use photoshop.

Gifcam would just do fine job to making quick .gif even with problem here and there.

is that the current duel disk ? What the heck is this design ? this might seem silly but seeing that shape you really think they went out of ideas

Everyone important (so everyone) has their own themed duel disk or whatever. I guess it's a nice touch even though you don't care for the characters.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Everyone important (so everyone) has their own themed duel disk or whatever. I guess it's a nice touch even though you don't care for the characters.

The duel disks only serve to continually remind me that Seto Kaiba is long dead and his legacy forgotten by the world. feels bad

Tenumi

Banned
Sword Art Online: 02 (Toonami-watch)

So, I'm supposed to care about the character I met 5-10 minutes ago. OK. Guess his death was supposed to be something big. I guess it did turn Kirito into a bit of a jerk, though he did that on his own free will, apparently.

Also, Beater.

Uchouten Kazoku - 5

Another good episode! Not that it's news a this point. The key this time was the range of emotional register. This episode was friendly, creepy, tense, and sad at equal parts. Even a few jokes between the menace of being eaten by the girl that likes you.

But I still confused as hell! Do the Friday Fellows know they are eating intelligent tanukis or not?? Do people in general know they are spirits and magic in the world, or only a select few? Do they know one part and not the other?
The cosmology of the series is making me crazy.

At first I thought the intelligent tanukis are a few, they are beings that exist apart from the normal tanukis/raccoons. But I'm starting to think it's not like that, all the tanukis are special in this world, that's why even if the FF (friday fellows) take one at random in the forest, they are eating up a tanuki of the "magical animal society", which is why their annual tanuki-eating party is sadly famous between Tanukis.

In the FF meet, when Yajiro transforms into stuff, I think they thought they were being tricked, commenting "how is he doing it?!", and when Benten says is a tanuki, it's interpreted as a joke. But later she goees flying with the FF looking, so they know there is supernatural shit in the world. I'm still doubting if that means they really know the Tanukis, or just Benten powers.

The dialogues during the party made my dizzy, some parts seemed to support the notion they weren't known, but a few could imply the opposite.

cnet128

Banned
- I've come to accept that Nisio Isin is a man who can't control himself but, for those who like his work that's part of the charm.

I think with the Monogatari series at least, it's more a case of him not wanting to control himself than not being able to. In the afterword for the second Bakemonogatari novel, he explains that he wrote the whole thing as a hobby, for fun, as something to fill in the gaps in his schedule. He says he considered it something completely separate from "work", to the point where he feels a little strange having it published. Though of course personally I'm quite grateful that he did(!)

Nah, I mean like the weird thing happening on the cheeks here:

T27SVER.gif

I'm sure I need to flip a setting somewhere.

Ahhh, there's just something about blushing cheeks in GIFs, isn't there? I don't use GIFcam, but in the simple GIF-making program I do use, I remember spending *ages* messing with settings trying to get the blush at the end of this one to look decent, and it still doesn't appear remotely pink:

...Though looking back, it seems ironic that I spent ages obsessing over the colour in that particular GIF, when the colour in all the other GIFs I made for that post looks mind-destroyingly awful. wtf I swear those all looked fine back when I made them. Maybe my computer screen was working some kind of magic that made them not look like crap. Or maybe I was just tired and not seeing straight >.>

cajunator

Banned
Teaser image has girls dressed up as Sailor Senshis. Is Toei producing their first JAV? Or is it akin to PGSM? Who knows.

Oh man itshappening.gif

Wat...

Something about a Sailor Moon Musical was said.

WAT...

Momocloz singing Moonlight Densetsu. Somebody kill me.

It cant be that terrible surely. Its MCZ. They dont mess up anything. Least not that Ive heard.

What did we stay up for then?! D:

Work of course!

oh ? meh ..

I guess konami & jump went in aand asked more ideas to get more money .

Deul disk customised by character is not a bad idea , but they went too far with it i guess .

The duel disks only serve to continually remind me that Seto Kaiba is long dead and his legacy forgotten by the world. feels bad

Yep ... kaiba & yugi from the first gen are unmatched

Syrinx

So what was that Sailor Moon thing people were talking about last night? Was it nothing? Cause it sounded like nothing.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
And the production values of Nisemonogatari didn't, as a whole, even live up to the low bar set by Bakemonogatari (even with the infamous snake arc). It's all been downhill since the beginning!
Why must you animation people try to ruin everything. :(

Not saying negative opinions are bad. They're good. Its just insults and ridicule about shows and people watching those shows.
Given the shit I still watch - I'm going to turn into the turdshow that is Homeland whenever it comes back, for instance - I'll probably never judge an individual. But these shows are for specific audiences that are looking for something pretty particular from such a show, so I'm willing to point out why someone might enjoy a show like SAO.

Of course, I do think SAO raises the bar in terms of its vileness. That will never change. :p

cnet128

Banned
Why must you animation people try to ruin everything. :(

Seriously. All the Monogatari series have looked striking, stylish and all-around great. I don't care about any of this nitpicking about production values or objective animation quality or cutting corners or whatever. I just enjoy the show ~.~

Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist Episode 5
tumblr_mr0pawJLqh1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Seems everyone one of these anime always have a bed scene, not that Im complaining. Otherwise just a good episode for Isaac to get lots of screentime and hilarious moments. Plot was silly, though pretty fun and what not.
Surprised the other characters in the OP showed up, but I guess they will stay in the demon world hopefully. Dont really seem them being up to be elected and what not. And then theres Kevin, just how powerful may he be?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Seriously. All the Monogatari series have looked striking, stylish and all-around great. I don't care about any of this nitpicking about production values or objective animation quality or cutting corners or whatever. I just enjoy the show ~.~

Well, I'll admit that Shaft has always been more style than substance (specifically in regards to their animation). Whenever they try to do something animation heavy like a long take, it looks bad (rip Natsu no Arashi :( ). lol

That said, if you are watching Monogatari or HidaSketch for the sakuga, I don't know what to tell you!

Dresden

Well, I'll admit that Shaft has always been more style than substance (specifically in regards to their animation). Whenever they try to do something animation heavy like a long take, it looks bad (rip Natsu no Arashi :( ). lol

That said, if you are watching Monogatari or HidaSketch for the sakuga, I don't know what to tell you!

Does anyone expect good animation out of shaft? They don't even have style anymore, at least out of those working on the monogatari shows.

BluWacky

So what was that Sailor Moon thing people were talking about last night? Was it nothing? Cause it sounded like nothing.

It was, unfortunately, nothing - supposedly it will air on Nico Nico Douga in Winter, but otherwise it just re-iterated things we already knew.

cajunator

Banned

Ok this ones good.

She's good, relative to her surroundings. The faintest of praise, so I don't think anyone is itching to see a Lisbeth spinoff.

...Right?

I just joined a discussion about Sword Art Online!?

*purges*

I would love a Lisbeth spinoff but shes just not that popular. there might be goddamned Leafa or Suguha spinoffs. Fuck everything.

Naptunia the animation - 04

Still entertaining , still fun to watch , even if this time i got a little dose of DRAMA

But damn if this anime isn't a big set of fanservice for those who have played the game.

Anyway , great episode even if it was cliché as hell. Can't wait for next week.

Ahh yes. Those 28.8 days lounging on the computer waiting 6 minutes to download a fucking video. So nostalgic. So fucking gone. good riddance. Hello 100 mbit :D

LordCanti

This is my general opinion on the subject. There have been times where the animation has sunk on a show to a level that made me question what the hell was going on (Penguindrum...oh God...some of those episodes...) but that has never even come close to happening with the Monogatari series.

That one episode of Gurren is probably the worst case. I forget which one it was, but ohmigod, the animation team shit the bed on it

Blood Lad Episode 5 Unidentified Demon Object

Akim's scene seemed way more intense and graphic than the manga I think
when he burst out the pig and they made it all long with splattering blood...impressive

Dresden

Monogatari is all about the writing anyway. That an anime has to exist feels like a reason to ship plastic discs more than anything else.

(HidaSketch is all about the wideface).

It certainly does feel perfunctory now; I mean, the show looks like this a good portion of the time:

And if people enjoy the writing, that's fine, but it's possible to take a good look at just what went wrong, too.

It certainly does feel perfunctory now; I mean, the show looks like this a good portion of the time:

And if people enjoy the writing, that's fine, but it's possible to take a good look at just what went wrong, too.

Why does he have a manatee on his shoulder?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Perspective is hard.

I'm not expecting a great deal of animation from SHAFT but I have come to expect them to step up their game when it counts. The "fight" between Cat and Tiger would've been one of those moments, in Bake or Nise, that would've received the star treatment, even if it was only for a few seconds. But here we just get Precure level tweening.

Perspective is hard.

I'm not expecting a great deal of animation from SHAFT but I have come to expect them to step up their game when it counts. The "fight" between Cat and Tiger would've been one of those moments, in Bake or Nise, that would've received the star treatment, even if it was only for a few seconds. But here was just get Precure level tweening.

Bonus question, which Precure show was it aping?

Dresden

This is from the newest episode of Uchoten:

Just random pics, too. Not that I'm expecting shaft to hit the kind of visual competency expressed by this show, but avoiding basic failures in composition would be a good start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom