• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnet128

Banned
Stella C3-bu 5

Mmmmmmm, swimsuit beach battle.

It's nice to see this series back to its standard antics after the bizarreness of the previous episode. This episode wasn't a standout by any means, but it was worth it for the swimsuits and for Yura getting her chance to shine in action. Even if Sonora seems to have her reservations about Yura's performance/attitude.

Felt pretty sorry for Yura when she had that nightmare, too.

cajunator

Banned
Watamote - 3

I really love how they play around with the music in the series.

And the adorable ED is back!

The ED is one of my favorites. The way the scene changes by switching cellphones is clever. Its SUPER ADORABLE when Tomoko pops up on ghe screen singing. Damn what a god tier ED.

High school Dxd new - 05

Waoh ..that interlude was ...was OMG.
What did i just watch ?

This is on another level of NFSW entirely.

Anyway ..
Durandal finally , kiba balance breaker first appearance
and an overabundance of fanservice.

With 1 more ep , we can finally end the least intresting arc of high school dxd.

Defuser

Golden Time to be produced by JC Staff, Directed by Chiaki Kon

Chiaki Kon?

OUSgOEP.jpg

Damn you production, why did you pick her?

iavi

Banner for Strike the Blood and Golden Time.

de0c62dd.jpg

I love how the main female character of Golden Time basically looks like a college-age Taiga (and she's voiced by Yui Horie, who did Minori in Toradora).

Hyped for Golden Time. Anyone know of any impressions to the LN?

jbug617

Banned
Banner for Strike the Blood and Golden Time.

I love how the main female character of Golden Time basically looks like a college-age Taiga (and she's voiced by Yui Horie, who did Minori in Toradora).

I didn't notice that but she totally does look like a grown up Taiga.

Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA☆ILLYA 5:

It's quite difficult for me to express in words just how awesome this adaptation has been.

So I won't. Here's an omake instead.

omake.jpg

Highschool DxD S2 - 5

Why did an angel summon the demonic guards of Hell? Wouldn't they be loyal to the demons?

He is a fallen angel.

And besides in the dxd universe , hell is another realm ( demon realm , heaven , hell , human world are exemple of realms ) all separated by the great void. ( i won't get into detail what the greta void is but it's important ) All realm are linked together by several pathways.

Now the rule to not forget.
All beings from a realm can be summonned in another realm given that you met the proper conditions ( that are more insane the stronger the thing you want to summon and the place you want it summonned )

Aside from the fact that hades ( master of hell in dxd universe ) is a giant *sshole and allow it , there is the fact that this guy is so high spec that he can summon him because he fullfilled all the right conditions beforehand.

I can answer other questions if you wish.

CorvoSol

So amending the list of things about Gundam 00 I don't think are awful to include the music. Understand when I say this I don't mean Princess Marina Ismael's Horribawfuckingly Ear Rending Sing-Along, but like, the other music in the show. Which is catchy and good and SRWZ2.2 has reminded me of this, so just throwing that out there. That the music in that show was killer. I hated the Trans Am but I'll be damned if it doesn't have a slick theme.

Shergal

Best part:
MC: Then what was your favorite story to work on?
Ishidate: I don’t have a favorite or second favorite, but there is one that made quite the impression on me. It was the first episode I directed; the one where Nagato and Asakura fought. No matter what I thought of, it didn’t fit in the allotted time. I began to think “this is useless” when Kigami-san told me “We’ll work on this all night.” I immediately said yes. That evening, Kigami-san went home and came back with the original novel. He waited, sitting beside me reading that portion until we were finished. It took us until 4-5 in the morning to finalize it, but I made sure to remember that walk home together.
Kigami: I don’t remember that at all though. (laughs)
Ishidate: What?! (laughs)

zeroshiki

So amending the list of things about Gundam 00 I don't think are awful to include the music. Understand when I say this I don't mean Princess Marina Ismael's Horribawfuckingly Ear Rending Sing-Along, but like, the other music in the show. Which is catchy and good and SRWZ2.2 has reminded me of this, so just throwing that out there. That the music in that show was killer. I hated the Trans Am but I'll be damned if it doesn't have a slick theme.

The Trans Am music has this "oh yeah we're gonna fuck shit up feeling" to it and has really cool attack sequences to go along with it. Of course you could be using the Kyurios/Arios Trans Am in defense and get killed before you even get to attack but that's neither here nor there.

CorvoSol

The Trans Am music has this "oh yeah we're gonna fuck shit up feeling" to it and has really cool attack sequences to go along with it. Of course you could be using the Kyurios/Arios Trans Am in defense and get killed before you even get to attack but that's neither here nor there.

As nice as the color orange is, I don't think I ever intend to use the Gundam Cheeri-Os.

zeroshiki

Thanks for this. Great read. I wasn't familiar with Kigami and looked him up. ANN has so little stuff credited to him that I figured that since he was a KyoAni top dog that he didn't actually work on stuff much anymore. Apparently, he's still an active animator and storyboarder only that he uses pseudonyms all the time and that he's basically worked on everything KyoAni has produced ever since. For anyone that cares, he's Tada Fumio as an animator and Miyoshi Ichiro as a storyboarder. Weird.

I thought the consensus was the Higurashi adaptation was perfectly fine, or at least that's what duckroll told me that one time.

The only real problem with the higurashi adaptation is the fact that they didn't put in the anime things that couldn't be in the anime except via very long monologues from every member of the cast.

In short : higurashi , while flawed was a fine adaptation.

duckroll

I thought the consensus was the Higurashi adaptation was perfectly fine, or at least that's what duckroll told me that one time.

Higurashi is the bestest. Much like Death Note, it totally understood how ridiculous some of the source material was, and did its best to elevate it from simple silliness into EPIC LULZ. I loved it.

Shergal

Thanks for this. Great read. I wasn't familiar with Kigami and looked him up. ANN has so little stuff credited to him that I figured that since he was a KyoAni top dog that he didn't actually work on stuff much anymore. Apparently, he's still an active animator and storyboarder only that he uses pseudonyms all the time and that he's basically worked on everything KyoAni has produced ever since. For anyone that cares, he's Tada Fumio as an animator and Miyoshi Ichiro as a storyboarder. Weird.

And he still used his real name for the K-On! movie. So random.

Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya - 05

Awesome...just awesome.

You don't see that kind of ennemy every day in your magical girl anime.

Oh and the rest of the cast was awesome too.
Dat rock throwing scene

zeroshiki

And he still used his real name for the K-On! movie. So random.

He apparently only uses his real name on movies o_O I guess I could understand not wanting to overshadow the other animators (especially if he's not directing but just animating) but he has some really weird rules regarding using his name.

Branduil

She directed the anime adaptations of Higurashi and Umineko, which were not that great (particularly Umineko).

Umineko was pretty badly directed, animated, etc., although it's probably next to impossible to actually adapt that story given how text-heavy and convoluted it is.

I don't think Kon is a bad director, but she's not especially good either. Which is why her shows are so hit-and-miss.

Otome Youkai Zakuro was good fun, though.

Umineko was pretty badly directed, animated, etc., although it's probably next to impossible to actually adapt that story given how text-heavy and convoluted it is.

Yeah, to be fair, Umineko is pretty much unadaptable, especially since the farther it goes the more meta-fictional and reliant on the properties of the written word it becomes.

I don't think Kon is a bad director, but she's not especially good either. Which is why her shows are so hit-and-miss.

I'll confess I haven't seen any of her work outside of Higurashi and the first two minutes or so of Umineko. But Zakuro's really the only show of hers I've heard any good things about.

For what it's worth, Golden Time has the same character designer as Zakuro, Shinya Hasegawa.

Branduil

I'll confess I haven't seen any of her work outside of Higurashi and the first two minutes or so of Umineko. But Zakuro's really the only show of hers I've heard any good things about.

For what it's worth, Golden Time has the same character designer as Zakuro, Shinya Hasegawa.

You haven't seen Zakuro? I think you'd like it. It's not an ambitious show but the characters and their relationships are enjoyable and it pokes some fun at shoujo conventions.

There's no way Higurashi wasn't intentionally hilarious. Most of the arcs in the first season were paced and directed as dark comedies, with the outcome being the joke.

Eh, I thought a lot of the first season was really friggin creepy, which the mood whiplash only made creepier. Definitely thought the atmosphere was really effective.

Of course, this was also like 8 years ago when I could legitimately enjoy Code Geass without everyone pointing out and shoving the stupid shit down my throat.

I agree . good pacing , great characters fine music.

Great show.
Need a sequel BTW

Nothing ironic about it. Higurashi was fucking hilarious. Intentionally too.

Higurashi filled my need for deranged yandere girls with crazy eyes.

Far as I'm concerned, its a masterpiece.

*Nods*
Trully unmatched ... i must admit that i enjoyed it more after i realised ( during ep 2 ) that i shouldn't think of it as a serious anime. the rest of was a great ride once i did that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom