• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
I was hours ago absorbed just on KILL la KILL threads from 4Chan's /a/, and now that I'm here I was wondering about Internet browsing styles... do you guys tend to "be" reading or posting on a place (forums, IRC, BBS, whatever...) to later "be" in another like in a schedule, or just go around jumping from browser tab to browser tab in-distinctively, following various lines of conversations simultaneously?

Am I the only one who does the former? (._. )
Usually it's the later for me. ヾ(*´ー`)ノ

Caesnd

I think I'd rather Kenichi Yoshida work on G's Reconquista (which is apparently the official title of the G-Reko project)? I wouldn't want someone with such a charming art style to just be an aside. I'd much rather have him helming the art style of a project completely, and what I've seen of his and Tominos new project so far looks really good so far.

/XX/

Bit early in the day I guess but Happy Birthday Darkside31337!
Happy Birthday, Darkside31337!

_____

Twitter / GSC_GUMA: コミケでも販売される『リトルウィッチアカデミア』ブルーレイ ...
https://twitter.com/GSC_GUMA/status/365782752953507840

So close already and so beautiful!

Usually it's the later for me. ヾ(*´ー`)ノ
I kind of envy you!

Kazzy

I was hours ago absorbed just on KILL la KILL threads from 4Chan's /a/, and now that I'm here I was wondering about Internet browsing styles... do you guys tend to "be" reading or posting on a place (forums, IRC, BBS, whatever...) to later "be" in another like in a schedule, or just go around jumping from browser tab to browser tab in-distinctively, following various lines of conversations simultaneously?

Am I the only one who does the former? (._. )

I can barely find the time to post on one forum, let alone multiple!

In a way, I have a strange admiration for those who manage it.

I'm sure everyone here will be overjoyed to learn that there is a Sword Art Online special program broadcasting some time towards the end of this year. There's supposed to be an announcement at the end. Season 2 here we come?!

Finally, I hope they do even more character songs and we get out of games experiences, maybe an Accel World 2 as well...please deliver.

Happy Birthday Darkside!

Happy bday!

Kira in top 5 as usual, all is right with the world.
Both Top 5 are superb.
Senjougahara in 1st place ? (hell yeah)

I'm sure everyone here will be overjoyed to learn that there is a Sword Art Online special program broadcasting some time towards the end of this year. There's supposed to be an announcement at the end. Season 2 here we come?!

Excellent news.

There is a giant (ugly&cute) monster that need to be animated.

More SAO? I hope the friends that wouldn't shut up until I persevered through the last season don't hear about this for a while.

It starts off slow but it is by far and away the best long running shounen series out there. Just do it!

I'm 100 eps in and I love it.

Good to hear, thanks guys. HxH pretty much single-handedly re-kindled my interest in that type of show after Naruto and Bleach eroded it over time.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Broadcasting rights are/were in Sci-Fi's hands. At any rate, I'm sure it's a lot more expensive than anything they have on right now— SAO included. Less than a year ago they were on a shoe string budget that consisted of favors from distributors. People ought to give Toonami a bit more credit, it's literally 6 people doing it for free.
Surprised to hear about this, and you are right. Even so, my surprise was that adult swim specifically didn't nab the rights back when the property was hot.
You gotta establish a balance between good shows and shows people will actually watch. I thought Casshern Sins was a pretty good grab for new Toonami.
Gurren Lagann is not some harem light novel otakushit that only the nichiest of niches are interest in, though.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Thanks guys!

Turning a quarter of a century old today. This is what its like to be an old man :(

I can't even make fun of Enron and Ryuukan anymore. Too old to get married if anime has taught me anything.

cnet128

Banned
Cat day belongs to the cats, not the dumb catgirl panderbait nonsense endemic in most anime.

All hail cats:

tonnura14.png

ibpiPSkaYBMv24.jpg

New KLK character; DTL-alert.

tumblr_mr9236D4XR1r7c87xo1_1280.jpg

Didn't see anyone post name/translations yet, so:

Mikisugi Aikurou
This bewitching figure...is he friend, or foe?
A mystery man with a searing gaze. Will he be an ally to Ryuuko, or...? It seems he holds some kind of secret relating to Ryuuko's past.

Kira in top 5 as usual, all is right with the world.

fk4xl2F.jpg

Awwww yiss Araragi.

All the wrong Monogatari characters in the female rankings, though =/ Gahara at the top is acceptable I guess, and I can deal with Hanekawa making it in there since her arc just aired (plus she featured heavily in Kizu, and anything associated with Kizu gets points in my book), but how the heck is Nadeko down there at 9th when top-tier characters like Kanbaru and Mayoi didn't even make it in?! I don't think Nadeko even appeared in the latest anime yet! I know it's the Year of the Snake and all, but c'mon guys.

Thanks guys!

Turning a quarter of a century old today. This is what its like to be an old man :(

I can't even make fun of Enron and Ryuukan anymore. Too old to get married if anime has taught me anything.

Happy birthday!

...And your words hurt my soul >.> (I turned 25 myself a couple weeks ago.)

Pooya

anime is saved. they waited too long, this is gotta be far more ambitious that first part, amiright.

It starts off slow but it is by far and away the best long running shounen series out there. Just do it!

gintama54.jpg

Echoing this sentiment as well.

The first few episodes of Gintama are a chore to watch but stick with it and you'll be rewarded with an amazing experience.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
At most I switch from GAF (constantly refreshing that subsriptions tab) to IRC. Stopped going to 4chan when it really hit rock bottom (and I have low standards).

Sao ended at vol 4 but skipped some stuff along the way.

yeah... felt like that.

hmmm... been playing persona 4g these days on commute though... and more handheld games to come... i guess ln's will be on hold for now :x

i do always have my kindle around though because fucking video game handhelds last like 3 hours on 1 charge T_T

Jarmel

Banned
Awwww yiss Araragi.

All the wrong Monogatari characters in the female rankings, though =/ Gahara at the top is acceptable I guess, and I can deal with Hanekawa making it in there since her arc just aired (plus she featured heavily in Kizu, and anything associated with Kizu gets points in my book), but how the heck is Nadeko down there at 9th when top-tier characters like Kanbaru and Mayoi didn't even make it in?! I don't think Nadeko even appeared in the latest anime yet! I know it's the Year of the Snake and all, but c'mon guys.

People like their snake rape.

Hmmm seems like a space opera, is the anime good?

Your avy isnt SasuSaku isnt because...

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 is pretty good. I assume Yuki Mori made it due to her character design and being popular (why cant my characters in it get figures, I mean Kodai and Shima deserve praise). Anyway great space fights and good character development making most of the cast feel relevant, and a few of the stories that are just single episodes feel memorable and touching. I think it also does well at making all three sides story thought provoking in many ways. Ultimately, the space action to is commedable and looks stylish at times. Like how they do the smoke and explosions. Check it out.
tumblr_mqxaycscKi1sajcjoo4_400.gif
tumblr_mqxaycscKi1sajcjoo5_400.gif

Necrovex

Utena 36

...Awkward...

The duel between Touga and Utena was so bloody good. I wonder how many civilians died because of that duel? Hopefully no one was near the dueling arena when all those cars came flying down.

Utena ain't slowing down. Like a great philosopher once said, "Nothing stops this train." This quote fits quite well for this show.

Echoing this sentiment as well.

The first few episodes of Gintama are a chore to watch but stick with it and you'll be rewarded with an amazing experience.

I need to get back to watching Gintama, I got to episode 25 or somewhere around there, and then I just stopped and watched Naruto.

Theonik

Armored Trooper VOTOMS 34
So Chirico is actually Wolverine. WAY TO GO COCCONA TO FUCK UP EVERYTHING AGAIN. Poor Vanilla.

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 is pretty good. I assume Yuki Mori made it due to her character design and being popular (why cant my characters in it get figures, I mean Kodai and Shima deserve praise). Anyway great space fights and good character development making most of the cast feel relevant, and a few of the stories that are just single episodes feel memorable and touching. I think it also does well at making all three sides story thought provoking in many ways. Ultimately, the space action to is commedable and looks stylish at times. Like how they do the smoke and explosions. Check it out.

has some of the best sounding explosions in anime for sure if you have a good audio system.

Oh I'm afraid it is :)

Dat character design lol. It looks good will watch, hopefully it has lots of space battles (even if its CG). May be it will fill the hole Macross left (a small one).

Happy birthday Darkside

Necrovex

This is so wrong on many level.

Gintama was good, but it wasn't really grabbing my fullest attention! When does the moment of "Oh shit, things just got real!" moment happen?

Utena 37

Drinking tea and eating cookies, and then instantly transitioning to *that* scene. Oh god. My sanity can't handle much more Utena. Two episodes left until The End of the World (and my mind)!

Gintama was good, but it wasn't really grabbing my fullest attention! When does the moment of "Oh shit, things just got real!" moment happen?

The first real action arc? Or when it starts really getting funny? Pretty much right where you stopped is when the show becomes incredibly funny. Episode 58 is when the first "serious" arc starts

Theonik

Armored Trooper VOTOMS 35
How the hell did she walk 50 miles to her truck and have enough energy/time to go after them much less how did she even find them?
And so Chirico learns how to hug!
Blonde girl mad salty.

NeonZ

The first real action arc? Or when it starts really getting funny? Pretty much right where you stopped is when the show becomes incredibly funny. Episode 58 is when the first "serious" arc starts

Technically, the first serious arc starts in episode 40, but it doesn't have the animation and violence boosts that later arcs have.

Defuser

Jedi Kirito is in da house!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom