• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
YuruYuri S2: 11

Akari accidentally takes a time machine to the past, and uses the opportunity to try and fix her past mistakes.
I'm not making that up. That actually happens. Really.

Probably my favorite episode of Yuru Yuri.

God I miss that show. New season when :(

Articalys

Moe continues.
8/31: Round 1, Group C Day 2

C02
1st 195 (64.36%) Shinka Nibutani @ Chuunibyou Demo Koi Ga Shitai!
2nd 55 (18.15%) Origami Tobiichi @ Date A Live
3rd 53 (17.49%) Krista Lenz @ Attack On Titan

C05
1st 127 (44.41%) Mako Reizei @ Girls Und Panzer
2nd 89 (31.12%) Rias Gremory @ High School DxD
3rd 70 (24.48%) Darjeeling @ Girls Und Panzer

C08
1st 131 (45.17%) Tsukihi Araragi @ Nekomonogatari Black
2nd 85 (29.31%) Masuzu Natsukawa @ Ore No Kanojo To Osananajimi Ga Shuraba Sugiru
3rd 74 (25.52%) Maou @ Maoyuu Maou Yuusha

C11
1st 132 (44.90%) Kuuko @ Haiyore! Nyaruko-san
2nd 109 (37.07%) Kotori Itsuka @ Date A Live
3rd 53 (18.03%) Kigurumi Haroukitei @ Joshiraku

Acosta

Love Lab 7 was one of the funniest, this series keep giving, I'm not really very sensible to the up and downs of the animation/production, but I find it constantly funny.

The whole situation with Maki and Riku's brother was hilarious.

6awpfDf.jpg
Poor Ren.

Narag

What I mean is popularity polls are just one method of finding out what the audience wants. They don't strictly stick to those in picking up shows.

I gladly concede this point.

I don't think all of them dropped it. A lot of them are still hatewatching.

Those damn fools. Actually, I'm a little irritated for at myself for not finishing it given how far I went. I think I got up t the ep before the one where Kirito puts on the fursuit. I was worried at first since elf Asuna is kinda cute but since she wasn't a brown elf, I was thankfully able to resist.

Danganronpa The Animation 09

You know I don't think it's that fair to call this The Animation anymore.

Maybe more like Danganronpa The Sketchbook.

cnet128

Banned
:lolno

Fairy Tail has almost universal hate among us.

Eh, I enjoy the Fairy Tail manga. It's nothing super special, but it's an enjoyable shonen series. And good at fanservice =p

I never followed the anime after checking out the first episode when it originally aired and deciding that it seemed like a pretty crappy adaptation. I seem to remember they added random magic circles to everything for no reason, and I hated the casting for most of the characters (especially Hirano Aya as Lucy...)

jman2050

Monogatari S2 9 (Kabuki 3)

The vast wide shots of devastation and emptiness would be far more effective if the world didn't look like that all the time anyway. Shaaaaaaaft

So lessons learned for Arararararagi: Time travel is serious business, don't discount the potential contributions and insights from your friendly neighborhood ghost loli, and don't ever let Shinobu throw a tantrum.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou/Day Break Illusion Episode 9: You know, if this show had been more episodes like this and not dull monster of the week pablum, it would have been a so much better show.
It was also nice to have a slow episode be about actual emotions and character development instead of doing bullshit K-ON! shit. Also, as predicted there is a love triangle and I think the hypotenuse just got strangled, or is going to be next episode. Also this episode can be called JUST KISS ALREADY, FOR GOD SAKES!

Narag

Gatchaman Crowds 8

What a good ep. I was tentative going in after hearing about the preschool stuff but I thought it was wonderful. Hajime's attempting to change the world from the bottom up while
Rui, and now, Berg-Katze's attempt was from the top down. Calling Katze out in the press seemed like a ballsy move too, robbing him of the initiative he's demonstrated in every ep preceding.

Using the preschool kids was awesome too as I think they'd be more accepting of the hero motif rather than the cynical adults that are present throughout the show. Sugane holding all those kids might be my favorite visual of the show so far. It's also worth noting how Sugane has grown from his defeat while Jou has wilted.

Good ending too as Rui is forced to confront unforeseen consequences. He's struck me as a slave to order too and the chaos of Katze and the fallout has helped sell me on how shaken his character is at the moment.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wa Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai (Anohana) Movie - Letter to Menma
So, rejoice Anohana fans, the movie is great and something I would recommend everyone go see.

Somehow, this turned into over an hour on the podcast. lol
You look tired, zeroshiki. Thanks for coming on!

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I wouldn't say ToonamiGaf likes Bleach, beyond a select few. Its just been running so long everyone wants it done with.

And by select few, you mean Assault Master, he has had long arguments with the rest of the crew over his love of Bleach.

You and me both. I'd argue that it's adaptation was in some ways better than the source material - which is still very good in it's own right.

Sadly like Yuyushiki, a second season will never be...

Luckily a lot of the best SOL shows have multiple seasons, but Sketchbook not being one of those is a bit disappointing. I should get around to reading that (among other manga) since I remember some hilarious pose Sora was doing and I can't seem to find it just by searching.

LordCanti

Monogatari 09

Shinobu's the best.

I like that we know the conclusion to the time shenanigans as far as "everything is back the way it was". That makes doing the time paradox/time travel thing much more interesting to me within the confines of this show. It worked for something like Steins Gate, but if they had fucked around with the actual timeline of the show in Monogatari, I'd have been pisssssssssed. It's much better this way.

Narag

Rozen Maiden (2013) 9

X5aoBB7.png

Kirakishou continues to be this compelling antagonist, especially given her now revealed motivations. I shouldn't be surprised at how the main character finally took center stage here either. Also, desu.

I won't lie, I was dreading the first episode (after the first) that would end up more action oriented as I was concerned Jun's story would take a back seat to some stupidity. Thankfully, that wasn't the case as the ethereal sensibilities of the earlier eps returns with surprisingly satisfying action pieces and a good cliffhanger. Yet another great episode in a series of such that I'd have never expected given the franchise.

Another question regarding the adaptation: Is the children's story book that keeps coming up part of the manga or an addition to the anime? It's really nice.

Theonik

Ojamajo Doremi 42
iV6y13iyDbr84.png

Real Sentai anime when.
Good episode. Doremi's sentai shame was hilarious.
With regards to Onpu, she used her magic in one of the worst and one of the best ways this episode. (fuck the vice-principle what a shiteater) It's getting obvious now that her charm is about to fail, and when it does shit will go down.

BluWacky

Rozen Maiden 6-9

She TOLD you not to make the doll, Jun!

Like Narag, I was pleasantly surprised by episode 9's action sequences after the poor showing earlier on. This is not your typical Deen show.

ALSO like Narag, I am amazed at how fast each episode goes by. The pacing is really very good indeed. I'm still impressed at those who are watching the show without previous familiarity with the cast, though, as it's all much "easier" for me knowing who the other Maidens are and I'm not sure how much impact the events of episode 9 would have if
you don't really have a clue who the Seki sisters are

I'm glad I'm all caught up now. There's been something of a sense of inevitability about these past few episodes which would normally annoy me -
I hate it when people do things that it's obvious to the audience are stupid and going to backfire on them, like Jun assembling Kirakishou's avatar,
but it didn't bother me here so much as there was so much else going on around it.

Articalys

Just in time for Kaguya-Hime's theatrical release later this autumn, it looks like Japan's getting a Blu-ray release of Isao Takahata's main directorial debut from 1968, Horus: Prince of the Sun (also known as The Little Norse Prince in some countries), in early December.

(via WTK)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom