• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Romanized for that MAL flavour.

Also, what client are you currently using? I didn't even notice a beta of Taiga 1.0 was out until I checked tonight. Months of being on that old stuff.

MALupdater for now. Although it's a pain when it doesn't recognize files playing, so I have to retag it through that and then reupdate my play lists. It's bizarre really. Since sometimes it considers one series to be something else (like it made my Yes Precure 5 GoGo episodes update under DokiDoki Precure for some reason, along with the movies being recognize as something else).

Sometimes it can do partial title updates like with Sailor Moon, but suddenly throw an R in and it can't recognize it. Bleh. Just have to manually update it through the client itself.

Jintor

tumblr_mphjdeyzs11sycazqo2_500.png

tumblr_mphjdeyzs11sycazqo1_500.png

tumblr_inline_mpiy21ZLc41qz4rgp.png

tumblr_inline_mpiya3PaQg1qz4rgp.png

http://24.media.tumblr.com/ad2009f1eb52752b87a2c5fc5c357d93/tumblr_mphjdeyzs11sycazqo2_500.png
[IMG]http://25.media.tumblr.com/d1c2723723ddc9b06b266fe8a0c83fe4/tumblr_mphjdeyzs11sycazqo1_500.png
[IMG]http://media.tumblr.com/c1cc051bfd3ef357a590514938cbc04c/tumblr_inline_mpiy21ZLc41qz4rgp.png
[IMG]http://media.tumblr.com/01da2d6fd19bd1466a90140540299dbc/tumblr_inline_mpiya3PaQg1qz4rgp.png[/QUOTE]

Haha that's awesome

cajunator

Banned

Articalys

Hummingbird is still useless to me until they let you turn off the quotes and give the option to set title language on a per-show basis.

Quasar

Probably the main reason why I want a client that allows me to do my handiwork without actually going to the site.

Though if the site is this slow now with only a handful of beta users, imagine what would happen with with devices all accessing it through some api.

Speaking of hummingbird...seems like they've updated it a bit. Seems faster, an the explore tab seems to have new stuff or maybe just a better layout.

zeroshiki

Though if the site is this slow now with only a handful of beta users, imagine what would happen with with devices all accessing it through some api.

Well, its not just server load. The site could be poorly coded. I can't be bothered to profile it but there seems to be an excessive number of server calls.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You anime title nerds are neeeeerds.

Tamayura: MORE AGGRESSIVE
KPW9rfGl.jpg

Well fuck. I guess it had to happen eventually. An episode about the fucking sakura trees themselves being :firehawk. Well played SatoJun, well played. I didn't even mind that this episode was essentially a
retelling of the OVA

http://i.imgur.com/pa2bRRkl.jpg - Dem feels, etc.

jnevAtTl.jpg

I was also reminded of the swastikas from last season. lol

Jy6DnAAl.jpg

And, I also discovered that when seiyuu start singing, they basically lose their acting voice and go back to their normal voice. Let's just say that I got a K-ON! flashback when "Asuza" started singing.

Best show is best, etc. Of course, people who won't watch will continue to not watch. :p

---

C3-bu
ywdRIn4l.jpg

I felt like the girl in the background, doing the reverse-caterpillar while weird shit was happening in front of my eyes. :p

Really, I shouldn't complain too much because this magical realism self growth thing is basically straight out of the Aria playbook, but it's just so out of place in this show because the leap between her delusions being fantasies and the ability for her to
travel back in time and fucking change history
is a massive one.

This really feels like a mishmash of better story ideas plunked together. I wonder if the anime will end with someone graduating and all the first years crying.

Articalys

Saimoe prelims round 1, day 2 guaranteed entrants:
1st 110 Yozora Mikazuki @ Boku Wa Tomodachi Ga Sukunai
2nd 107 Saori Takebe @ Girls Und Panzer
3rd 105 Nanami Aoyama @ Sakurasou No Pet Na Kanojo
4th 104 Yuno @ Hidamari Sketch
5th 98 Mairu Shirouzu @ Saki
6th 93 Darjeeling @ Girls Und Panzer
6th 93 Komachi Hikigaya @ Yahari Ore No Seishun Love Comedy Wa Machigatteiru
8th 83 Takami Shibuya @ Saki
9th 82 Karuta Roromiya @ Inu X Boku SS
10th 78 Yae Kobashiri @ Saki
11th 69 Leviathan @ Zettai Bouei Leviathan
12th 68 Miyabi Kannagi @ Kono Naka Ni Hitori Imouto Ga Iru!
12th 68 Nagahide Niwa @ Oda Nobuna no Yabou
14th 66 Orange Pekoe @ Girls Und Panzer

CorvoSol

Turn A Gundam 3

The more traditional this show acts, the more unorthodox it continues to seem. I dunno, I mean, on paper Earth being invaded by a space colony with MS tech that it doesn't have is just about the most basic kind of Gundam opening there is (after of course, an attack on a space colony), but I mean, I dunno, everything is done here in such a way that this just still feels like the most unusual Gundam of all. Even the Turn A, which maintains essentially all of the same motifs that any ProtagGundam should, looks markedly different from what would spring to your head as "Gundam." I do appreciate the mustache being canon, though. And I'm really liking the show, no matter how odd it is. And indeed, it feels odd. People always say G is the black sheep in the family, but Turn A is the red-headed step child, then.

As far as characters go, I really like Loran, but he's way too chill and smooth. Like, ladies be fallin' in his naked lap 1 2 3 and he never seems ticked that folks are calling him Laura. He just rolls with it all. Sochie is okay, too, but Kehil kinda seems like a spoiled brat so far.

Hope we get some damn giant robot fights next ep, though.

zeroshiki

Love that, but Lelouch's MAP are more practical most of the time.

The Shinkirou's map is pretty dope but it being 4-10 kinda makes it a challenge to use. You should be using Lelouch for the barrier anyways.

The Turn-A map attack destroys basically everything in front of Turn-A. Its ridiculous that its map attack is even better than the one Shin Getter Dragon has.

fertygo

The Shinkirou's map is pretty dope but it being 4-10 kinda makes it a challenge to use. You should be using Lelouch for the barrier anyways.

The Turn-A map attack destroys basically everything in front of Turn-A. Its ridiculous that its map attack is even better than the one Shin Getter Dragon has.

Yeah, aiming the target with it kind of ass lol
Still the best bet for racking fund for me though.

I love Turn A finally felt OP, in Alpha the moustache lord feel underwhelming than it should as strongest Gundam.

Articalys

Stella C3-Bu ep.4

...the fuck was that supposed to be?
I hope nothing from this episode sticks permanently story-wise so I can erase it from canon.
If Yura keeps the gun in future episodes I'll just pretend Sonora gave it to her for some other reason

CorvoSol

Time of EVE 1

So, what to say about this show? Where to begin? Let's get negatives out first, shall we? Let's.

There was a bit too much CG in the set pieces for my taste, and sometimes the camera kinda slipped around a bit? Like this really weird blur stuff as if the camera man had dropped the camera or had shaky hands. Except, you know, it was animated so it was confusing, too. More of a neutral thought here, but, the mood kinda jerked back and forth. I dunno, like emotional whiplash except not that intense.

Moving along to the positives anything 3 Laws based is likely to be a fun go, and I really enjoyed that aspect of this; that the show seems to be interested in observing the relationship of humans and androids (who seem to be more or less enslaved) and their interactions in a cafe where who is human and who is not is a taboo subject. The removal of the distinction is a big gray zone in Asimov's laws, and means things could get messy, or not.

Whatever the case, it looks to be a pretty interesting show, and the first episode, combined with the length of episodes and the series itself has me interested enough to continue on.

Quasar

You anime title nerds are neeeeerds.

Tamayura: MORE AGGRESSIVE
KPW9rfGl.jpg

Well fuck. I guess it had to happen eventually. An episode about the fucking sakura trees themselves being :firehawk. Well played SatoJun, well played. I didn't even mind that this episode was essentially a
retelling of the OVA

Was nice though. But then my diving into anime has brought out a love of Sakura to the point that I've considered planting my own.

Am liking the new photo club member. And here I thought Potte was shy.

And again it shows that just like R2 in Star Wars, its all about Momoneko.

Quasar

I tempted to watch RKB S2 and shaming myself just for this parodysub

I've dived into this. And rather liked it. Which is a surprise given I normally avoid shows focusing on characters so young, and I have no interest in the sport of basketball.

Shergal

Rozen Maiden 4

Still good. I don't entirely dig the sudden cartoony shots for the jokes, but it's not that bad.
This episode seemed like a set-up, both of the new status-quo now that Shinku has awakened, as well as preparing the stage for probable future plot points. It did its job well and the direction remained confident like in the previous three.

The most difficult thing for this series will probably be tying the storyline of the Alice Game with Jun's real life issues. I hope they don't go all in with the plot and forget what they established in eps 2-3, that would be a bummer. So far, they've been doing pretty well so I have hope.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Was nice though. But then my diving into anime has brought out a love of Sakura to the point that I've considered planting my own.

Am liking the new photo club member. And here I thought Potte was shy.

And again it shows that just like R2 in Star Wars, its all about Momoneko.
Mascot cats rule any anime!

---

I wonder if Kaze Tachinu had shots like this!
Fpvvwkfl.jpg

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C³-bu Episode 4: Yea, let me echo the sentiments of expressing a bit of disbelief over how this episode went.
I was expecting this to turn into the Karate Kid and instead got Back to the Future, fucking space is warped and time is bendable!
I have to say I actually this is actually increasing my interest just because
the delusions are real and airsoft gun can change history.
and that is actually a lot more interesting then taking arisoft guns mega-seriously and it had a few character bits that I liked. in short, keeping this on the watch list if only for the trainwreck factor.

fertygo

Rozen Maiden - 04
I think this is my show of the season, the pacing feel nice and breezy. About the episode itself, laidback with gags was my favorite thing on past Rozen Maiden anime, so its nice to have it again here.

wonzo

Banned
Silver Spoon 3

The moral of this story is: everyone loves adorable little baconspiglets.
Silver Spoon 3

Another good episode. The ending about the piglets basically sums up the episode.
Silvah Spork
JswBPOSl.jpg

nVri9UUl.jpg

You know, I understand the whole circle of life thing and all that, but this seemed like an episode to justify horse racing more than anything else. Then again, unlike Luck, at least horses didn't have to die to make this episode. :p
silver spoon 3

moe livestock/food.

still not sure what this show is suppose to be about... farm informercial?
Y'all shouldn't forget to post in the OT either. ._.

Theonik

I'm banking on this
I suppose it's a matter of time.

Don't be a butt!
I can't help it!

what are they saying? Also, more please, thank you.

I've watched The Rapeman. Never again.
It wasn't THAT bad!

K-On!! 24 End
I was not ready for this, it was raining very heavily.

:firehawk/10, AOTY, will I ever watch an anime finale as good as this ever again?
I'm not crying something got in my eye

Now solicited from Media Blasters, though not up for preorder anywhere yet:
Yamibo - Darkness, the Hat, and the Travelers of the Books

DVD
MSRP: $29.98
Japanese w/ English Sub (Stereo)
Street Date: 10/22/13

edit: they announced the license back in May, so that's been known for a while, just the release date and format are new
'Portmantau - Translation' strikes again!

Except it lacks a bad dub.
For now.

Drop the sharp nose this isn't the 90s.

A show too Yuri for SDBurton is a shocker to me.
You know what you must do!

I would still like a client that just updates the profile automatically.
The API is coming soon so you could make something yourself.
or I could been looking for something to kill time on besides anime.

I prefer MAL's list confined to one page, shitty Nihongo naming aside.

Also why would you not have these things in alphabetical order? Fucking Hummingbird.
Chronological order has its uses, I like my current shows being at the top of my currently watching. Should have a sort option though.

Thanks.

I like that their ratings are :) :| :( only. Makes things less complicated.
Down with useless granularity! It also lets you do 5 stars if you like.

Quasar

You know, I understand the whole circle of life thing and all that, but this seemed like an episode to justify horse racing more than anything else. Then again, unlike Luck, at least horses didn't have to die to make this episode. :p

So it wasn't just more love triangle setup? :)

I liked the horse race. I hadn't actually seen that kind of horse race before.

Articalys

Okay, time to start thinking about the best OP/ED of the season. There's a lot of options to decide for the best opening, but after episode 3 of Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi I think that Mikako Komatsu easily runs away with Owaranai Melody wo Utaidashimashita as the best ending song.

edit: I'll admit I'm still thinking more musically than animation-wise, as Kaminai's ED is a bit boring visually.

fertygo

C3-bu 04

I... uh.. err, all I can say is RIP Gainax, losing all that talent and your current worker is smoking some weird stuff.
LOL its some okami shit happened, the protag is god]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom