• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shergal

ZKSIAxX.jpg

Good, it was about time. They should show a PV and all.

Would probably have Rage On for best animation with the free! Op. Prompt (MJPR) for best song maybe even Believe my Dice (makai ouji). Ed would be the song from Uchoten Kazoku, Splash Free and A shadows love song (love the makai ouji vas singing).

BluWacky

Yeeeeeees. Gooooooood.

Incidentally, my copy of Kids on the Slope on Bluray turned up today (fellow UK people may be amused that it is literally a repress of the Australian release by Hanabee, and still includes the Australian copyright warnings).

In more exciting news, no-one should forget that the first half of Cowboy Bebop comes out on BluRay here on Monday! My copy is pre-ordered and waiting - somehow I've never actually seen most of Bebop (despite owning half the series on DVD until last week!)

Articalys

Upcoming anime Nourin is confirmed to start in January 2014. Yet another Shin Oonuma/Silver Link director/production team, with Michiko Yokote (Genshiken, Joshiraku) on series composition and Masahito Onada as character designer.
Plot summary:
The light novels center on the students at the Tamo Agricultural High School (Tamo Nōrin Kōkō, shortened to No-rin). Kōsaku Hata is a student there and is something of an idol otaku. The newest transfer student happens to be the super-popular idol Yuka Kusakabe who Kōsaku adores. The school also has a childhood friend with a local dialect, a bishōnen with glasses, a cute animal mascot, a girl with large breasts, a female teacher prone to flight of fancy, and more.
The cast is apparently maintained from the drama CDs, with Shintaro Asanuma and Yukari Tamura in the lead roles, and Kana Hanazawa, Marina Inoue, Chiwa Saito, Emiri Kato, and Wataru Hatano supporting.

cnet128

Banned
Is that another Magical Girl show? I don't watch those.

For shame.

Eh, I can't be bothered with OTs. This thread is my devotion, branching out seems like too much effort.

Best OP either Uchouten or Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi, best ED...I really like Love labs.

Hmm. This is completely off the top of my head, so I'm probably forgetting some that are better, but the songs that immediately come to mind are Servant x Service for Best OP, and C3-bu for Best ED.

In more exciting news, no-one should forget that the first half of Cowboy Bebop comes out on BluRay here on Monday! My copy is pre-ordered and waiting - somehow I've never actually seen most of Bebop (despite owning half the series on DVD until last week!)

Thanks for the reminder, I knew there was going to buy a BluRay this weekend, I just couldn't remember what it was.

//edit//

Pre-order placed! Now I just have to wait >_<

While I was at it I also placed my pre-order for the Bakemonogatari BluRay on the 26th August.

Shergal

Plot summary:
[...] The school also has a childhood friend with a local dialect, a bish&#333;nen with glasses, a cute animal mascot, a girl with large breasts, a female teacher prone to flight of fancy, and more.
It's like they completely stopped trying and just resorted to enumerate the boxes ticked, lol.

wonzo

Banned
New Yozakura Quartet PV. Most of it just recaps the first OAD series, but at the end there's a bit of footage from the upcoming TV series (starts 2:44).
The new character art for the TV series looks p. good imo. A shame there's no hope of anything decent coming out of this when Ryochimo's at the helm.

cnet128

Banned
Was waiting for it just to hear the new Galileo Galilei song... I don't even know what it's about otherwise :lol

This one, you mean?

Come to think of it, the Galileo Galilei OP was what convinced me to watch AnoHana in the first place back when it was airing. The show wasn't really on my radar, but then I saw its OP in a video list of "best OPs of the new season" and was like "whoa that was great now I have to watch this".

Pity there aren't any OPs of that calibre in this season, huh.

Kurita

This one, you mean?

Come to think of it, the Galileo Galilei OP was what convinced me to watch AnoHana in the first place back when it was airing. The show wasn't really on my radar, but then I saw its OP in a video list of "best OPs of the new season" and was like "whoa that was great now I have to watch this".

Pity there aren't any OPs of that calibre in this season, huh.

Yes this one! I didn't know the OP version was already out, great.
Love that band...

cnet128

Banned
I see no mention of agriculture. Must be real important to the story.

It's right there in the title, though. "Nourin" means agriculture, and it's taken from the name of the high school where it's set, "Tamo Agricultural High School".

I must admit it sounds like a straight Silver Spoon ripoff with added moe. But we'll see, I guess.

jgminto

The only Japanese I know is perverted, like "Onii chan", whatever that is. Still, the summary has nothing to do with agriculture.

Upcoming anime Nourin is confirmed to start in January 2014. Yet another Shin Oonuma/Silver Link director/production team, with Michiko Yokote (Genshiken, Joshiraku) on series composition and Masahito Onada as character designer.

Plot summary:

The cast is apparently maintained from the drama CDs, with Shintaro Asanuma and Yukari Tamura in the lead roles, and Kana Hanazawa, Marina Inoue, Chiwa Saito, Emiri Kato, and Wataru Hatano supporting.

Interesting image, not so interesting plot.

Will only watch if its super lewd and/or cute and/or funny.

BluWacky

Why would they reveal the PV in a dirty American con instead of glorious Japan?

My personal guess - Watanabe's work is probably exponentially more popular in the West than in Japan (save maybe Apollon) due to its relative prominance through American TV airings making his work vaguely mainstream. Plus a public airing of a PV is far more newsworthy than just boshing it up online somewhere - are there any public events coming up in Japan that would be appropriate?

C3-bu 4
What the hell did I just watch? I'm not sure if this bizarreness saves the show or is the final straw for me to drop it. I think I'll watch one more episode to find out,

7Th

My personal guess - Watanabe's work is probably exponentially more popular in the West than in Japan (save maybe Apollon) due to its relative prominance through American TV airings making his work vaguely mainstream. Plus a public airing of a PV is far more newsworthy than just boshing it up online somewhere - are there any public events coming up in Japan that would be appropriate?

The most recent Bones-original got unveiled at the C3xHobby event in August.

Okay, time to start thinking about the best OP/ED of the season. There's a lot of options to decide for the best opening, but after episode 3 of Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi I think that Mikako Komatsu easily runs away with Owaranai Melody wo Utaidashimashita as the best ending song.

edit: I'll admit I'm still thinking more musically than animation-wise, as Kaminai's ED is a bit boring visually.

I don't particularly care for any of the OP or EDs this season, though the C3-bu ED dug itself in my head the other day.

Plot summary:

I'm not expecting anything great, but it better not be as awful as the last show with Yukarin in the lead role.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom