• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Free! set looks amazing. (rin even)
BQFSyTPCQAAOrAZ.jpg:large

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Love Lab Episode 4:I'll be honest, been feeling like we have been getting the diminishing returns on the comedy since the first episode, the five man band is funny, but they lack the freakish chemistry the two leads had with each other. I think the fact that the love research seems to be getting more serious is also a factor.
Also, one by one the yuri lies of this program are becoming more apparent. Turns out Sayo has a long distance boyfriend.

cajunator

Banned
Nobody informed me that there were colored visors.

please someone save me from myself

Im always trying to save you from yourself MadP lol.

Time of EVE 1

So, what to say about this show? Where to begin? Let's get negatives out first, shall we? Let's.

There was a bit too much CG in the set pieces for my taste, and sometimes the camera kinda slipped around a bit? Like this really weird blur stuff as if the camera man had dropped the camera or had shaky hands. Except, you know, it was animated so it was confusing, too. More of a neutral thought here, but, the mood kinda jerked back and forth. I dunno, like emotional whiplash except not that intense.

Moving along to the positives anything 3 Laws based is likely to be a fun go, and I really enjoyed that aspect of this; that the show seems to be interested in observing the relationship of humans and androids (who seem to be more or less enslaved) and their interactions in a cafe where who is human and who is not is a taboo subject. The removal of the distinction is a big gray zone in Asimov's laws, and means things could get messy, or not.

Whatever the case, it looks to be a pretty interesting show, and the first episode, combined with the length of episodes and the series itself has me interested enough to continue on.

It is pretty heavy on CG. You gotta get used to that part first and foremost.

Does anyone know at what time GMT the Otakon Watanabe panel is scheduled for?

I'll try and figure that out for you when the schedule is out, just remind me. I will actually try to make it into the panel as well (seeing as I'll be at Otakon for the 8th straight year this year).

Caesnd

I'll try and figure that out for you when the schedule is out, just remind me. I will actually try to make it into the panel as well (seeing as I'll be at Otakon for the 8th straight year this year).

Thanks. I was just curious, but it is definitely appreciated. I hope Watanabe and Bones aim to go all out like Trigger seems to be doing, with something really ambitious and most of all, fun.

cajunator

Banned
Okay, time to start thinking about the best OP/ED of the season. There's a lot of options to decide for the best opening, but after episode 3 of Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi I think that Mikako Komatsu easily runs away with Owaranai Melody wo Utaidashimashita as the best ending song.

edit: I'll admit I'm still thinking more musically than animation-wise, as Kaminai's ED is a bit boring visually.

Im really not sure yet what my favorite is. none of them have been that particularly strong and memorable for me this season. I do like the Watamote ED quite a bit. Gatchamans OP is pretty good. Servant Service has a fun and frenetic OP and an interesting ED. I like the ED to Prisma Illya too its kinda catchy and fun. Love Lab OP/ED are nice if a bit generic. I really like the OP song to C3Bu a lot.Ending not so much.
None of them really stand out in a huge way. Some OP/EDs from animes have stuck with me for years and years. None of these will.

Jarmel

Banned
Thanks. I was just curious, but it is definitely appreciated. I hope Watanabe and Bones aim to go all out like Trigger seems to be doing, with something really ambitious and most of all, fun.

If the Watanabe show sucks then there is no hope at all for Bones.

When are the Fall airtimes for the channels posted?

I'm really hoping for KyoAni not to do Chuu part 2 this year.

Im really not sure yet what my favorite is. none of them have been that particularly strong and memorable for me this season. I do like the Watamote ED quite a bit. Gatchamans OP is pretty good. Servant Service has a fun and frenetic OP and an interesting ED. I like the ED to Prisma Illya too its kinda catchy and fun. Love Lab OP/ED are nice if a bit generic. I really like the OP song to C3Bu a lot.Ending not so much.
None of them really stand out in a huge way. Some OP/EDs from animes have stuck with me for years and years. None of these will.

Definitely agree with the bolded, especially Servant x Service. It is certainly one of the more visually interesting OP's as well.

cajunator

Banned
Best OP either Uchouten or Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi, best ED...I really like Love labs.

I just checked these two out and they are alright I guess. Uchouten's is pretty fun.

New PV for Arpeggio of Blue Steel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdaR3XTkCOI

Introducing the character Takao, voiced by Manami Numakura (Hibiki in Idolmaster)

Other newly confirmed cast members include Hibiku Yamamura, Yumi Uchiyama, and Yukana.

Character page on the official site is updated with new art as well.

This looks absolutely terrible. Will watch.

Upcoming anime Nourin is confirmed to start in January 2014. Yet another Shin Oonuma/Silver Link director/production team, with Michiko Yokote (Genshiken, Joshiraku) on series composition and Masahito Onada as character designer.

Plot summary:

The cast is apparently maintained from the drama CDs, with Shintaro Asanuma and Yukari Tamura in the lead roles, and Kana Hanazawa, Marina Inoue, Chiwa Saito, Emiri Kato, and Wataru Hatano supporting.

Another one of these? Who funds these things? Well they are occasionally pretty good so I guess Ill watch another one. Her outfit is interesting.

Caesnd

If the Watanabe show sucks then there is no hope at all for Bones.

I also hope Toshihiro Kawamoto is the character designer. I would love a show with characters like Cowboy Bebop (or even Macross Plus; I know Kawamoto wasn't the character designer there but still). Stylized, yet with a good sense of realism to them.
Alas, I guess that's just too 90's to fly today.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Squid Girl OVA 1

Third segment was a little weak, but the first two were some of the best the show's ever done (finally, some real Chizuru focus!).

One more and then I'm done. ;_; Though I suppose I should be happy Squid Girl even got a second season, much less OVAs this long after S2 finished.

Jarmel

Banned
I also hope Toshihiro Kawamoto is the character designer. I would love a show with characters like Cowboy Bebop (or even Macross Plus; I know Kawamoto wasn't the character designer there but still). Stylized, yet with a good sense of realism to them.
Alas, I guess that's just too 90's to fly today.

I would be amazed if both Watanabe and Kanno aren't involved.

Theonik

Armored Trooper VOTOMS 14
And we're back. Chirico finally removes that pesky beacon. We also start with a pretty awesome fight too.
What does that general know?!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Mo~tto! Ojamajo Doremi 39

This episode is made possible by the promotional consideration of the MMR Vaccine.

hXBCzKB.jpg

:firehawk Too bad his music club doesn't really care about music. It's like Azusa in reverse.

sZvLqvf.jpg

First grade political battles.

cajunator

Banned
Thanks for the reminder, I knew there was going to buy a BluRay this weekend, I just couldn't remember what it was.

//edit//

Pre-order placed! Now I just have to wait >_<

While I was at it I also placed my pre-order for the Bakemonogatari BluRay on the 26th August.

Maaaan. Yall are lucky to get blurays of cowboy Bebop. WTF AMERIKA?

It's right there in the title, though. "Nourin" means agriculture, and it's taken from the name of the high school where it's set, "Tamo Agricultural High School".

I must admit it sounds like a straight Silver Spoon ripoff with added moe. But we'll see, I guess.

The best thing going for it right now is that it doesnt have a stupid ridiculously long title to keep track of. Also the whole agricultural aspect is kinda different so hopefully that puts a fresh take on the tired highschool show genre.

Is Urusei Yatsura 2: Beautiful Dreamer a standalone movie? I don't need to bother with the series?

Yeah it pretty much is.

I don't particularly care for any of the OP or EDs this season, though the C3-bu ED dug itself in my head the other day.

I'm not expecting anything great, but it better not be as awful as the last show with Yukarin in the lead role.

None of them really dig their way in your skull like some Ive heard. I mean when you got stuff like this (I apologize in advance if any of these earworms do exactly that) then there is a pretty high standard to live up to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPuHF5t5cHo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGjH5mRo1WA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2wdRb84MVA
and one for Corvy Kun
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FDBhjGLD58

cajunator

Banned
Squid Girl S2 12

Wi6VjYq.gif

I know. This was also my reaction when Squid girl S2 US release got cancellated.
By Media Blasters. Who somehow licensed Yami. Im gonna hold out hope that they actually release Yami because I need that shit in my disc collection.

was just sayin'. muromi-san was so great that i got banned for a gif from it.

Yes you did, you silly person. Just be more careful what gifs you post!

Novid

Banned
shame the suits at legendary couldn't figure out that teaming up with bandai or hasbro or something and go full toys assault with pacific rim would be like taking candy from a baby.

Hasbro's cost for toys have skyrocketed. What used be 7 bucks is now 15. Not gonna sell that much.

Theonik

Armored Trooper VOTOMS 15
That general really is a manipulative asshole.
And Chirico is well... Chirico. Preview looks hype.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Mo~tto! Ojamajo Doremi 40

eAboMoP.jpg

ofwxlkG.jpg

Oh.

My.

GOD.

This episode.

Last series ep 40 was full on heartfelt family drama, this time is full on craziness with maybe a touch of seriousness and Aiko drives both perfectly.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/ad2009f1eb52752b87a2c5fc5c357d93/tumblr_mphjdeyzs11sycazqo2_500.png[IMG]
[IMG]http://25.media.tumblr.com/d1c2723723ddc9b06b266fe8a0c83fe4/tumblr_mphjdeyzs11sycazqo1_500.png[IMG]
[IMG]http://media.tumblr.com/c1cc051bfd3ef357a590514938cbc04c/tumblr_inline_mpiy21ZLc41qz4rgp.png[IMG]
[IMG]http://media.tumblr.com/01da2d6fd19bd1466a90140540299dbc/tumblr_inline_mpiya3PaQg1qz4rgp.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

i laughed.

Well played domino.

fertygo

MJP 16
There goes the streak of good episode, its like they just dump stuff for this episode.. ugh.
Two-parter that start in next episode looked hype though.

Fairy Tail is not that bad, if you want bad then watch Toriko

What's bad about Toriko?

I've never understood the praise for Fairy Tail's OST. It's derivative fantasy Celtic buttrock Hackanashi synth crap with a lame reliance on public domain music like Offenbach's Can Can, Habanera, and Pomp and Circumstance. Virtually every other long battle shounen out there has better music.

Don't watch it, but I do like the music in Fairy Tail.

Probably the only good thing about the show besides the fanservice.

One of the best gifs this season.

tumblr_mq5rmgULw61r3nw4do1_500.gif

Dawwww

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom