• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
It's ok If I watch Free! just for her?

That was expensive, but I approve your purchase.

Post photos when she arrives

Surely will! Shes 1/12 though so a bit small. But its Mahoro, one of the cutest characters on one of my favorite superbikes from a show I really like. I dont see the problem here lol.

Welp, guess now's a better time then ever. I'm tired of my friends telling me that "their drills will pierce the heavens," and me not understanding.

Its only one of the most fun and hot blooded animes you might ever watch. you do like fun right?

Hattori

Banned
Well, most adaptations are less good than the source material anyway.
But if you don't like the premise nor the characters, I highly doubt reading the manga will change anything.

I just read the first chapter of the manga, and I have to say that manga is much better. The premise is still a toss-up for me but Toriko manga version is definitely less obnoxious looking than the anime counterpart.

It'll have to be Beelzebub (Anime) levels of disappointment to make me hate it.

You didn't like Beelzebub :(
I loved the show, except for the fillers (some of the fillers were pretty good) and the way they skipped the battle at the end. After that I thought it was pretty good for a 60 episode show. Though I'm a big Beelzebub fan so I wouldn't be surprised if I was the only one here who enjoyed it.

cnet128

Banned
Site update and new key visual/character designs for upcoming LN-adaptation Fall season show Ore no Nounai Sentakushi ga, Gakuen Love Come o Zenryoku de Jama Shiteiru (or just Noucome for short), which is the show about a high school student who is forced to make VN-style multiple choice decisions at random times.

There's also a bunch of announced cast but I can't figure out how to properly read any of these character names so I'll just limit to the male and female MCs Kanade Amakusa and Chocolat (top two in the image above), who are voiced by Toshiyuki Toyonaga (Mikado in Durarara, Mahiro in Zetsuen no Tempest) and Kaori Sadohara (Annaka in Nichijou, Sig in Upotte).

Hm, I must have missed this post earlier, sorry Arti =/ (And thanks Save 'N Quit for quoting =p)

Here's an easy-to-follow rundown of the characters!

ibsFGpj2nwBQcA.png

Amakusa Kanade
CV: Toyonaga Toshiyuki (Mahiro in Zetsuen no Tempest, Mikado in Durarara!!)
Main character. Second-year at Seikou Academy. Suffers from a curse which causes random visual-novel-style multiple choices to appear in front of him in everyday life.

i9m2dsn2PkBfU.png

Chocolat
CV: Sadohara Kaori (Annaka in Nichijou... ...eeeeeeeeehhhhhhhh?!)
Self-proclaimed "servant of God" who appears before Kanade to help break his "absolute multiple-choice" curse. Amnesiac. Eats a lot.

iqXkVp3ZoaAFt.png

Yukihira Furano
CV: Kondou Yui (Doesn't seem to have had any notable roles before)
One of Kanade's classmates. Emotionless. Says vulgar things. Touchy about her small breast size.

i1ymk4OgovoD0.png

Yuuouji Ouka
CV: Tsuji Ayumi (Elise in Sky Girls, Minamo in Best Student Council)
One of Kanade's classmates. Ojousama. Childish. Unpredictable.

ibpD6FkSDjWy6J.png

Yawakaze Konagi
CV: Misato (Mana in Date a Live, Elle in Upotte!!)

ib3AlawB5DVat.png

Hakoniwa Yuragi
CV: Oozora Naomi (Suzanna in Genshiken Nidaime)

izjs1w2lnKOIX.png

Kokubyakuin Seira
CV: Igarashi Hiromi (Hina in PapaKiki!, Un in Tenshi no Drop)

iA5naPAZxZUPl.png

Reikadou Ayame
CV: Matsuzaki Rei (Botan in Tenshi no Drop, Kanon in Jewelpet Sunshine)

ipkJC85viCdyS.png

Douraku Utage
CV: Yajima Akiko (Luna in Casshern Sins, Mipple in Futari wa Precure lol)

Narrator
Nakata Jouji (Diethard in Code Geass, Alucard in Hellsing, Narrator in a heck of a lot of things)

cajunator

Banned
Hm, I must have missed this post earlier, sorry Arti =/ (And thanks Save 'N Quit for quoting =p)

Here's an easy-to-follow rundown of the characters!

ibsFGpj2nwBQcA.png

Amakusa Kanade
Main character. Second-year at Seikou Academy. Suffers from a curse which causes random visual-novel-style multiple choices to appear in front of him in everyday life.

i9m2dsn2PkBfU.png

Chocolat
CV: Sadohara Kaori (Annaka in Nichijou... ...eeeeeeeeehhhhhhhh?!)
Self-proclaimed "servant of God" who appears before Kanade to help break his "absolute multiple-choice" curse. Amnesiac. Eats a lot.

iqXkVp3ZoaAFt.png

Yukihira Furano
CV: Kondou Yui (Doesn't seem to have had any notable roles before)
One of Kanade's classmates. Emotionless. Says vulgar things. Touchy about her small breast size.

i1ymk4OgovoD0.png

Yuuouji Ouka
CV: Tsuji Ayumi (Elise in Sky Girls, Minamo in Best Student Council)
One of Kanade's classmates. Ojousama. Childish. Unpredictable.

ibpD6FkSDjWy6J.png

Yawakaze Konagi
CV: Misato (Mana in Date a Live, Elle in Upotte!!)

ib3AlawB5DVat.png

Hakoniwa Yuragi
CV: Oozora Naomi (Suzanna in Genshiken Nidaime)

izjs1w2lnKOIX.png

Kokubyakuin Seira
CV: Igarashi Hiromi (Hina in PapaKiki!, Un in Tenshi no Drop)

iA5naPAZxZUPl.png

Reikadou Ayame
CV: Matsuzaki Rei (Botan in Tenshi no Drop, Kanon in Jewelpet Sunshine)

ipkJC85viCdyS.png

Douraku Utage
CV: Yajima Akiko (Luna in Casshern Sins, Mipple in Futari wa Precure lol)

Narrator
Nakata Jouji (Diethard in Code Geass, Alucard in Hellsing, Narrator in a heck of a lot of things)

Its kind of amusing and probably a little sad when you can tell how a character is gonna sound and act just from how they look. I already know what this shows gonna be like. Not sure if that is good or bad.

CorvoSol

So Gargantia was pretty fun to watch. It turned around my opinion on mecha anime all together. So is their any other good action mecha anime out there that's worthwhile? I'm thinking about watching Star Driver because it was the anime that piqued my interest in the genre in the first place.

The only things I mostly want in it is comedy, a not so hard to understand story or mechanics of the mechas themselves, and interesting characters. Preferably not Gundam though, my sister forced me to watch it a long time ago and it was the thing that drew me off it in the first place.

In addition to Gurren Lagann, which has been listed rightfully, the following are things I'd recommend:
-Full Metal Panic!- While the books go into some detail about mechanical specs, for the most part the anime just kinda shrugs and goes "cool giant robots". Plenty of comedy to be had along the way.
-Eureka Seven- Surfing giant robots and a charming love story. Some technobabble toward the end but nothing you need to wrap your head around to get the main story at all.

Also, I'm betting your sister got you to watch Gundam Wing, SEED, or 00. So while you probably aren't huge on the Gundam series, you might still like the old school Gundam series (maybe not MSG but Zeta tends to be well received) or G Gundam, which isn't much like any of the other shows. The quality of a Gundam series kinda varies from show to show. Sort of like a Final Fantasy of Mecha, if you will.

WHAT??????????

Melissa Mao is Best Girl.

ibsFGpj2nwBQcA.png

Amakusa Kanade

Urge to watch rising, for the sake of hearing him if he is using Mahiro's voice and does a character song for this anime.

You didn't like Beelzebub :(
I loved the show, except for the fillers (some of the fillers were pretty good) and the way they skipped the battle at the end. After that I thought it was pretty good for a 60 episode show. Though I'm a big Beelzebub fan so I wouldn't be surprised if I was the only one here who enjoyed it.

Filler killed my enjoyment of the anime.

The only reason I watched it until the end was because of Goddess Aoi.

Ah, Aoi's increased adorableness was a bit of a plus for an otherwise too soon adaptation of Beelzebub, but what can you expect from the drecks of Studio Pierrot? Bunch of clowns yo.

Oh and it rain so I guess it's time to make terror much sooner... .ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK!

cnet128

Banned
Urge to watch rising, for the sake of hearing him if he is using Mahiro's voice and does a character song for this anime.

Just for you, DTL, here's a couple more male characters from the LN website. No seiyuu information as far as I know, sorry. Have some quotes instead.

ibo919dN8YpjEy.png

Shishimori Souga
"Quit your chattering, it's pissing me off."

iUWv2gkqP8PGb.png

Yoshihara Touya
"My hobby is girls, my favourite thing is girls, my goal in life is girls."

OceanBlue

I like the character designs for Noucome. Although I'm not a huge fan of the VN choices thing (I didn't like it in DAL either), I'll probably give it a try.

In addition to Gurren Lagann, which has been listed rightfully, the following are things I'd recommend:
-Full Metal Panic!- While the books go into some detail about mechanical specs, for the most part the anime just kinda shrugs and goes "cool giant robots". Plenty of comedy to be had along the way.
-Eureka Seven- Surfing giant robots and a charming love story. Some technobabble toward the end but nothing you need to wrap your head around to get the main story at all.

Also, I'm betting your sister got you to watch Gundam Wing, SEED, or 00. So while you probably aren't huge on the Gundam series, you might still like the old school Gundam series (maybe not MSG but Zeta tends to be well received) or G Gundam, which isn't much like any of the other shows. The quality of a Gundam series kinda varies from show to show. Sort of like a Final Fantasy of Mecha, if you will.

I've seen Full metal Panic before and I definitely enjoyed it. I saw the dub but haven't seen the sub and I thought it was pretty funny when it was in English. I might give Eureka Seven a look after I'm done with Gurren Lagann. I saw a trailer of it and while I'm not a big fan of romance, the action looks like something I can't miss out on.

Kagami

Why would one buy Free! from Amazon instead of animate or the other places offering lots of goodies with the discs (lost track of all the various stuff from them)

Amazon 5283 × 6 = 31,698 yen
Animate 7140 x 6 = 42,280 yen

So you pay 11,142 yen (US$113) for a towel and some paper notepads.
The towel is a new, unique illustration but the notepads are presumably recycled key art.
So you have to really want that particular image on a towel to spend 11,142 yen on the difference.

Of course not all stores charge full MSRP like Animate does (e.g. Tsutaya is only 3,426 yen more than Amazon and their bonus is an artbox to hold all six volumes), but Amazon is pretty much always the cheapest.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Mo~tto! Ojamajo Doremi 42

qqC31re.jpg

The hardships crossgender near-identical twins face.

Mo~tto! Ojamajo Doremi 43

88M4gvi.jpg

Momoko gets the gang to go to America, then promptly ditches them. Actually, this ep was kind of disappointing in that they phoned in the being lost in the city of English speakers part, and spent much of the ep doing something unrelated to the nature of their trip.

Tenumi

Banned
Well, screw everything in my life, I'm a gonna watch some anime.

Sounds like something big in C3-bu, looking at the amount of spoiler tags. Hope it isn't something that'll make me drop it or anything.

Hataraku Maō-sama 1

This was a lot of fun! Kickass fights in the beginning, followed by a lot of great comedy. I totally lost it when Maou spoke his first sentence of broken Japanese and then started yelling confidently. His dynamic with Alciel is pretty awesome so I'm looking forward to their interactions. Couple of Gs. Didn't get a lot of screen time for Emi or Chiho, but I'm leaning more towards the adorable fries-dropping girl. Will jump back into the next episode because fuck cliffhangers.

CorvoSol

I've seen Full metal Panic before and I definitely enjoyed it. I saw the dub but haven't seen the sub and I thought it was pretty funny when it was in English. I might give Eureka Seven a look after I'm done with Gurren Lagann. I saw a trailer of it and while I'm not a big fan of romance, the action looks like something I can't miss out on.

Just know that E7 sort of takes a while to get good. When I watched it I did not like it at first, but once it gets going, its great. Meanwhile, enjoy Gurren Lagann. Oh, and you might consider checking out Martian Successor Nadesico. It's a comedy show with mecha.

Feel free to also come on down to The Mecha OT where plenty of people with variant tastes in Giant Robots can help you find what you're lookin' for.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Mo~tto! Ojamajo Doremi 44

B9bavNJ.jpg

Being Aiko is suffering.

Also, what's with all the Adobe Premiere shit? Stop trying out new features on stuff you're going to ship!

Theonik

Armored Trooper VOTOMS 17
I was right about Monica!
So they did make more Perfect Soldiers. Chirico now has a real red shoulder too!
Previews continue to be hype but less than before.

Naruto Shippuden 322

Look at all dat Sakuga animation. And Madara trolling. The intro is probably the best we'll get for Kages vs Madara though. lololol

Theonik

Armored Trooper VOTOMS 18
Chirico's recovery is amazing. Also I swear he must have a dowzen of those suits hidden somewhere.
Shit's about to hit the fan.

cajunator

Banned
Pacific Rim is some of the most fun Ive had watching a movie in a long long time. The fact thats its also relevant to the anime world is icing on the cake.

Pacific Rim is some of the most fun Ive had watching a movie in a long long time. The fact thats its also relevant to the anime world is icing on the cake.

Can't wait for the DVD to come out so we can see the endless attack on titan OP parodies made out of it.

Hell, some people have already made some of those with the trailers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom