• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Mo~tto! Ojamajo Doremi 46

8Vc91hH.jpg

XS7ShXz.jpg

"It's a Japanese traditional!"

cajunator

Banned
Can't wait for the DVD to come out so we can see the endless attack on titan OP parodies made out of it.

Hell, some people have already made some of those with the trailers.

DVD? Only bluray can do proper justic to this movie. Im not one to usually care about high definition or fidelity, but this movie should be seen in the highest quality currently available!

This I did not know about. Boooooo Media Blasters.

Boo Mediablasters in general. they enjoy crushing dreams.

cnet128

Banned
Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku 3

Yep, this show is getting into its stride. I give this episode a rating of...

DA: Decidedly Amusing/10

B.O.O.M

Not a summer anime but just finished season 1 for Psycho Pass...and holy cow 0_0 so good

Really happy to hear a second season is coming. I wonder what other anime I have missed that are this good

Boo Mediablasters in general. they enjoy crushing dreams.

If they have a booth in the dealer's room at Otakon again I'll be sure to mention that to them. I'm sure it probably would have sold well enough if they had some faith in it (or whatever the reason was for the cancellation).

Kurita

Not a summer anime but just finished season 1 for Psycho Pass...and holy cow 0_0 so good

Really happy to hear a second season is coming. I wonder what other anime I have missed that are this good

Cause I feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel

Space Brothers 66:
I love the dynamic between Deneil and Mutta. They work well together, and there's some great comedy, but also the occasional moment of philosophy from Deneil. I especially enjoyed the scene where
Mutta tries to fly through the planes but can't bring himself to trust the equipment.
That scene was directed well and it felt very real. Highlight of the episode was definitely
Sharon's letter.

Falstaff

Banned
i still dont know what gatcahman is trying to be. mawaru police department of the year two thousand and 13?(unlucky number after all) better fucking believe it

yami4ct

Why is everyone making a fuss about it? Who is this guy?

Writer of Fate/Zero and Madoka Magica. Also Gargantia and (we don't like to mention this one) Psycho-Pass.

His writing tends to be a bit out of the ordinary. Should be interesting to see what he does with a Kamen Rider, especially given what's been said about Gaimu so far.

cajunator

Banned

yami4ct

I just hope it'll be better than Wizard. I dropped it after a few episodes...

Wizard has some strong points. I like the designs and kind of like the characters. The secondary rider is great and the action is fun. Dear lord do they not know how to write character arcs and pace a story, though. It's not the worst rider, but it's pretty much just worth it for the occasional good story beat or joke and the action.

He's gonna kill off lots of Kamen Riders.

With so many Riders, that actually wouldn't be too surprising.

Also, Street Dancing riders? What the what? Urobuchi is already outdoing himself.

Taruranto

Urubuchi used to be good, but after Gargantia, Psycho-Pass and meguka (for some things) I can't help but think he ran out of steam.

yami4ct

Urubuchi used to be good, but after Gargantia, Psycho-Pass and meguka (for some things) I can't help but think he ran out of steam.

Kamen Rider doesn't take that much complex, quality writing to be good. He'll certainly be competent enough to write a least a decent rider show. The big question is, how insnae will it get?

if you skipped KR Wizard, the final arc is happening atm and shit is finally happening.

its alright, potentially cool.

still easily one of the most fabulous looking riders around, which is why i keep watching.

also donuts

tumblr_inline_mpn7o0Iw0m1qz4rgp.png

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
The last time we had a completely insane anime writer transition over to Kamen Rider (Riku Sanjo), we got the best Rider show ever.

I hope Urobuchi can live up to that (or more, since he's waaaaaaay better than Riku Sanjo is).

yami4ct

Same writer? I had no idea... Guess that's why it's as crazy.

He also wrote W. That guy has become probably one of the top Toku writers for me.

if you skipped KR Wizard, the final arc is happening atm and shit is finally happening.

its alright, potentially cool.

still easily one of the most fabulous looking riders around, which is why i keep watching.

also donuts

[IG]http://media.tumblr.com/6be629dfbec7f3af62b60ac0fa31e77d/tumblr_inline_mpn7o0Iw0m1qz4rgp.png[/IMG]

I really need to catch up. I've been one of Wizard's staunchest defenders, but I feel bad that I've gotten behind. When Wizard get's an arc going, it's pretty good. And, yeah, the designs are amazing all around. Love the suit and monster work on that show.

The thing I love about sitting down and doing an anime marathon is being able to take in the entire show for what is instead of waiting for bits and pieces of upcoming episodes. Anyways I decided to watch Mawaru Penguindrum during the past two days and to thing I initially took interest just because of the potential comedy of cute blue penguins.

Mawaru Penguindrum

After watching this I've realized what I enjoy most in anime, and that is mindfucks. After praising Steins;Gate for a good while I believed that I would encounter nothing of its sort again. It seems 2011 was a damn good year for anime imo.

Even at the first episode I was thrown into confusion and throughout the show I came up with many theories only to have them shoved back into my face each time another plot twist came along (which happened frequently). And the ending was a satisfactory bittersweet one.

However for even how I was so addicted to the show there were questions that were left unresolved to me, a few of these are (incoming spoilers):

- What exactly did Shouma's parents do?
- How did Momoka try and stop the Child Broiler and/or Shouma's parents?
- Aside from being a slaughterhouse is there any other relation the Child Broiler had with the families?
- What were the purpose of the penguins?

To compare it with Steins;Gate, Penguindrum was a bit clunkier but definitely had more plot twists/mindfucks. I give Mawaru Penguindrum 9.0/10.

Mo~tto! Ojamajo Doremi 40

Oh.

My.

GOD.

This episode.

Last series ep 40 was full on heartfelt family drama, this time is full on craziness with maybe a touch of seriousness and Aiko drives both perfectly.

Look foward to 46 and 47 they are pretty nice.

I only know Doremi from the few episodes I watched as a kid and Hito's impressions, but I think yellow is my favourite.

I don't know why I even try...=(

Hito what do I watch next, Dokkan or Naisho?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom