• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
The show is about getting boyfriends. Why are you surprised?

If you want yuri undertones watch C3 or Going Home Club.

I thought there would be a wonderful twist where Wild and Prez end up falling for each other!

Already watching C3 and Going Home Club, but I want more! -3-

Narag

Not to mention line art with MS Paint line tool jaggies.

Yeah, that gave it this unfinished but have to air sense. There's also a dude on the train who's staring at his hand (which is supposed to be holding a phone) and his arm looks like it was some sort of quick layout sketch that was never finished.

cnet128

Banned
I'm sure we're supposed to think that all the fighters are singing at the same time, but the audience only hears the song of whoever has the upper hand to reduce confusion.

If that's what we're supposed to think, they could certainly do a better job of showing it.

...Also, I kind of hope that isn't what's "actually" going on, since everyone singing different songs at once would be a massive auditory clusterfuck in-universe as much as it would be for us as viewers >.> I can imagine the characters would end up outright hating singing if they had to keep doing it in an environment like that ~.~

Gatchaman Crowds 3

How is this show so interesting? It kind of reminds me of Eden of the East in concept and style, with technology that's very much like what we have today but just that little bit more futuristic being used on a grand scale by a few empowered individuals to orchestrate societal change and try to improve the world as a whole. Except the whole scenario seems much more effectively realised here than anything Eden of the East ever managed. (There's still time for it all to go to shit, of course, but let's take a page out of Hajime's notebook and think positive here!)

The whole superhero thing really seems to be getting pushed aside in favour of the examination of social media taken to a logical extreme. Indeed, it feels like the whole point of this episode is that the "mundane" power of communication and ordinary people working together is achieving much more than the actual superheroes ever have. Obviously it's no accident that Hajime, who's basically the spokesperson for "communicating and working together rather than fighting", actually managed to
neutralise the entire threat that the Gatchaman team had been fighting against
with her actions last episode. That was a pretty great revelation; Hajime
"befriending" the Mess
was a pretty remarkable scene last episode on its own, but the knowledge that she effectively
befriended not one, but all of them
makes that scene all the more amazing in retrospect. It helps that this game-changing information was revealed in such a matter-of-fact way.

And of course, Hajime as a character is still just incredible. Her sheer energy just carries the show along at a glorious pace, and I can't get enough of it. This show feels like some kind of mad roller coaster ride, and I'm not sure where it's going next or where it'll end up, but I want to find out. Next episode now, pretty please?

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Yeah, that gave it this unfinished but have to air sense. There's also a dude on the train who's staring at his hand (which is supposed to be holding a phone) and his arm looks like it was some sort of quick layout sketch that was never finished.

Best QUALITY moment in the episode was definitely the super-awkward police dogpile.

aKfNCXy.gif

fwiw, I also noticed that a lot of Crowds is animated on threes, but I don't know whether that's a sign of cheapness or if it serves some actual purpose.

Narag

Best QUALITY moment in the episode was definitely the super-awkward police dogpile.

fwiw, I also noticed that a lot of Crowds is animated on threes, but I don't know whether that's a sign of cheapness or if it serves some actual purpose.

Maybe reality is animated on 3s!! You should cap the faces of the guys that get arrested right after. that'ssowonzo

I think "rush" is a better work than "cheapness" here. Here's how you can tell the difference:

One storyboarder, one episode director, one animation director, show has little/poor animation - cheap
Multiple storyboarders, multiple episode directors, multiple animation directors - rushed

I'd just like to make an inquiry to those who have played the Danganronpa game: setting aside the "anime is trash" accusations for a moment, could any of you estimate about how many hours worth of playtime it would take the average player to complete the events that were covered up through the third episode of the anime (i.e.
up through the first trial and execution
)?

Prologue took me 40 minutes and assuming you don't skip the "Free time events" , you have 3 more hours .
So up to the end of ep 3 , i'd say almost 4 hours of gameplay for me.

I think i'm average because discussing with other players they took less time than me and i did a lot of mistakes during my investigation ( missing 1 events ) those are common mistakes for a first time player , looking back.

Tenumi

Banned
Tari Tari is adorable and heartfelt. Lots of singing, lots of Sawa being a goddess. Its just about perfect. Youll love it.

That's great, then. Looks like I'll have something to look forward to watching some day in the future, then.

C3-bu: 04

Ah... one of my favorite guns, the Škorpion vz. 61...

Ok, I'll admit. I read the spoilers, and was completely prepared to drop this. But I gave it a chance, watched it tonight, and I'm sticking with it.
It's not as straight shot as GuP was, but that's OK. GuP was great, I shouldn't be holding this up to that standard.

survivor

Banned
K-On!! Special 1
ix8rPViJCHhYu.png

Mugi is the best
Why did they have to go back and have Yui have the ugly haircut? I never want to see that again. The episode was a bit to the boring side, but the final montage with the interviews was pretty funny.

Falstaff

Banned
guy who is really big on gatchaman franchise and always says "hey, gotcha man!" to his friends instead of "whats up" or "hows it going" but is not happy with the new character redesigns and is personally fed up with twitter bullcrap

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
The Yuri is already doomed when it introduces other characters to be part of the main.

Adding more girls to the cast just increases the amount of pairings that can be derived from them.

Love Lab - 04

Green megane
has a boyfriend?!!! Docked points!! ;_;

As least I have Wild and Prez. Please leave them be.

Necrovex

So I just found out Kaiji is now on CrunchyRoll. So I need to decide if I should watch Hajime no Ippo or Kaiji once I finish Utena.

Also,

Utena 25

I always imagine Duckroll is like Touga, in the regards of how Touga sits in a car in a seductive manner.

And Himemiya is becoming more of an active character. WHA?!

cajunator

Banned
Uh, that's more of a scifi premise than an anime one.

Right, but I see things in terms of anime and thats how Im seeing this. This kind of idea is most familiar to me in an anime Ive seen so thats what Im comparing it to.

I think "rush" is a better work than "cheapness" here. Here's how you can tell the difference:

One storyboarder, one episode director, one animation director, show has little/poor animation - cheap
Multiple storyboarders, multiple episode directors, multiple animation directors - rushed

True. A lot of times people talk about DAT BUDGET but I think studios rushing is more like it. People still have to draw this stuff. that takes a budget to pay them to do it.

Gaming Board is fucking hilarious with the Vert stanning. Its worse than in Pop-Gaf with all that 3dpd stanning.

I STILL have no idea what youre talking about.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Gatchaman Crowds Episode 3: This series really is not what I was expecting and I mean that in a good way, really has subverted the monster of the week business that I thought it was going to delve into. This is also one of the first pieces of media that I have seen really explore the constructs of social networking, which gives it an ultra modern feel for the moment. That being said, still not sure why this had to be part of the Gatchaman franchise and there is so much of a disconnect.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Honestly, I like the themes Gatchaman Crowds is going for, I just don't think fifteen minutes of whatshisface talking to a computer is the best way to convey those themes.
Gatchaman Crowds Episode 3: [...] That being said, still not sure why this had to be part of the Gatchaman franchise and there is so much of a disconnect.
I think that's the point. The idea that "superheroes are not needed anymore" wouldn't be as effective if it were working with made-up spandex dudes instead of an established franchise.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I suspect that might be the case, I wonder if franchise attachment was the only reason this thing could get made then.

Novid

Banned
Right, but I see things in terms of anime and thats how Im seeing this. This kind of idea is most familiar to me in an anime Ive seen so thats what Im comparing it to.

True. A lot of times people talk about DAT BUDGET but I think studios rushing is more like it. People still have to draw this stuff. that takes a budget to pay them to do it.

I STILL have no idea what youre talking about.

its dealing with the ps4 memory over at gaming side

/XX/

C3-bu 04

Suddenly,
magical realism!

This show just got interesting.
That's great, then. Looks like I'll have something to look forward to watching some day in the future, then.
C3-bu: 04

Ok, I'll admit. I read the spoilers, and was completely prepared to drop this. But I gave it a chance, watched it tonight, and I'm sticking with it.
It's not as straight shot as GuP was, but that's OK. GuP was great, I shouldn't be holding this up to that standard.
Just wait for what Takeshi Sakamoto, the scriptwriter of this latest episode, probably has in store for us! The official twitter account for the series already mentioned this episode 4 events were very important for things to come (https://twitter.com/stella_c3bu/status/360447540182781952), but Mr. Sakamoto has even insisted in saying this specific episode changes everything, possibly leading to a key resolution coming on episode 12, as it is the other one for which he will also handle the script:

【ステラ女学院高等科C3部】第4話担当脚本家『バカな脚本家がバカをやった』『否定されまくってます。でもそれでいい。』『4話は進路転身780度で、ここからどう戻すかをお楽しみに。』 - そくどく!
http://blog.livedoor.jp/sokudokuex/archives/30896729.html

Cue to Yura's visualization powers ripping again space-time continuum to save Sonora's master from dying, all in a similar fashion.

Falstaff

Banned
as unexciting as gatchaman is turning out, i still think its better than uchouten kazoku. both have light novel quality writing, but at least with the former the direction is somewhat engaging and not just slightly different palette/character designs masquerading as uniqueness

Tenumi

Banned
Revolutionary Girl Utena: 02

Why does every girl in that school love Utena? Not complaining, just commenting. Anyway, this is most definitely gonna be an interesting ride. I don't really think I can make any impressions about this series better with words, so I'll just say: I like this and I will continue and finish it.

As for C3-Bu... it's been moved from a solid watching to a potential drop if it fails to keep my entertainment.

jbug617

Banned
New stuff get!

Tari Tari for Sawaness, Cat God for cute. Another for horrific squee, and part two of Hanasaku Iroha for sexhair.

Man I wanted to pick up Cat God and Another but it will have to wait for the Winter. You know when I said I was only planning to pick up Gatchaman bluray only for the Fall. I preordered some more anime this week. I'm weak.

Syrinx

Revolutionary Girl Utena: 02

Why does every girl in that school love Utena?
Not complaining, just commenting. Anyway, this is most definitely gonna be an interesting ride. I don't really think I can make any impressions about this series better with words, so I'll just say: I like this and I will continue and finish it.

As for C3-Bu... it's been moved from a solid watching to a potential drop if it fails to keep my entertainment.
Because she's dreamy and swag as fuck, that's why.

Love lab - 04

Well Well ... this is quite good.

Love%20Lab%20-%2004.jpg

Look at that light , look at that smile ....adorable and so pure.

So we finally know about that horrible "lingerie" past ... i have to admit it's enough for me to cough blood.

The comedy routine still works it's awesome ... nothing else to add.

jbug617

Banned
Which ones?

GTO
Yatterman Live Action
High School of the Dead OVA Bluray
Lupin the Third: Woman Called Fujiko Mine Bluray

Then I have some others from when I preordered a couple of months back.

Gatchaman TV + OVA Bluray
Elfen Lied Blu-ray
Guilty Crown (Part 1 and 2) Bluray
Haganai: I Don't Have Many Friends Bluray
High School DxD Bluray
Legend of the Legendary Heroes Bluray

survivor

Banned
Wow, this Killer is Dead thread on the gaming side is unreadable. Fucking Suda51 fanboys are awful.

Love Lab 4

This series is running out of steam.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Mo~tto! Ojamajo Doremi 48

2k97Ozj.jpg

I know I've highlighted Doremi's steak obsession many times before, but they keep finding good ways to bring it up!

FINAL BATTLE! WHOSE CUISINE REIGNS SUPREME?

Mo~tto! Ojamajo Doremi 49

mmNqRYH.jpg

Once again, being Ojamajo is suffering.

Mo~tto! Ojamajo Doremi 50

OYLgyK6.jpg

To think, I still have more than 60 episodes of this show to enjoy. Yeah, I was pretty hurt when I first found out this show wasn't going to be exactly as I hoped and even put out a warning on material after the first series, but once I got over that and how it shifts from series to series it's been nothing short of amazing otherwise. This is a show that remains undaunted and triumphant no matter what Toei's toy division tries to demand of it. Precure is a meek, defeated property by comparison.

It's an utter shame that this has received so little attention before, even some suggesting that you watch a handful of eps and be done with it. I'm glad that things are starting to change, though!

jbug617

Banned
Wow, this Killer is Dead thread on the gaming side is unreadable. Fucking Suda51 fanboys are awful.

Love Lab 4

This series is running out of steam.

Sort of felt the same way. I don't think all 5 girls fit together that well. I will still watch for Riko and Maki.

cajunator

Banned
GTO
Yatterman Live Action
High School of the Dead OVA Bluray
Lupin the Third: Woman Called Fujiko Mine Bluray

Then I have some others from when I preordered a couple of months back.

Gatchaman TV + OVA Bluray
Elfen Lied Blu-ray
Guilty Crown (Part 1 and 2) Bluray
Haganai: I Don't Have Many Friends Bluray
High School DxD Bluray
Legend of the Legendary Heroes Bluray

Cool stuff.

Sort of felt the same way. I don't think all 5 girls fit together that well. I will still watch for Riko and Maki.

Really thats all it needs. Riko and Maki are strong enough to carry the series. the rest of them just dilute it.

Accel World 15 engDub

Ash Roller's lines are great dubbed, nice direction they took, guess the language was a creative and nice touch. Sky Laker voice is nice, sounds like a refined young lady.

K 3 (EngDub)

The jail scene with Mikoto and Munakata sounded way more appealing and attractive here even keeping the subtext of sorts there, Best scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom