• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
wMwIY2U.jpg

So you dont get tired of steak?

Shergal

Also nobody should bother watching episode 4 of Gen'ei. It's just shit- even worse than the first three. Some moments made me laugh at least.

Syrinx

Steins;Gate 7

I have to agree with Mayuri. The world would be a better place if everybody had an Oopa pillow.

Funniest part of the episode was when Moeka sent Okabe the text asking what a round table meeting was, and he gave that face like "I am NOT having this discussion again!"

So the crew's really beginning to get going now. Okabe has finally used the Phone Microwave to create a change in the past. What's stranger though, is that he's the only one who remembers it. I wager why he has that ability will be a point of focus going forward.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Going to an expo called Hyper Japan tomorrow. It's a general Japanese thing but they advertise cosplay so I expect my vision to be tainted by terrible SAO cosplayers.

No sign of NicoNico Douga being there. Shame. Actually it's been a long time since I wasted a whole weekend watching a livestream from a conversion.

Theonik

Going to an expo called Hyper Japan tomorrow. It's a general Japanese thing but they advertise cosplay so I expect my vision to be tainted by terrible SAO cosplayers.

No sign of NicoNico Douga being there. Shame. Actually it's been a long time since I wasted a whole weekend watching a livestream from a conversion.
Kirito being everywhere would be the least you can expect. And bleach cause bleach is cool mang.

Syrinx

I trust you'll be repping Akarin?

BluWacky

Oh, they were there at the last one - had a huge stall.

Hope you enjoy!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Day Break Illusion 4

Welp, apparently I like shit, because I liked this. Sure, we're plainly into monster of the week territory now, and the Madoka similarities are getting more and more overt, but whatever. I still enjoyed it.

Monogatari SS - 4

Let's be honest.
So, how many episodes in the *gatari series are going in circles about Hanekawa wanting Arararagi's D? It's funny to think how much shit could have been avoided if he would have give it to her from the start.

Shingeki no Kyojin - 15

(yes, the one from past week)
Good episode, in its own way. Slower, more about talking with in base than killing titans, but it was something needed in the plot. New charismatic characters, more info and mysteries about the titans, and the shadow of treason/conspiracies looming over.

Servant x Service 01

Bland, mostly boring, except a pair of amusing jokes about civil servants. And tits.

Sliver Spoon - 3

I'm slowly (very slowly) warming up to this series. Now it's in the watchable range, I don't consider it a loss of time. But still, I kind of expected better. Why is the manga a best seller again?

Gatchman Crowds - 3

Uh, I barely noticed any problems about the production values. I suppose when I'm entertained they are harder to see. The series goes still in a good direction, going deep in the galax evolution, the changes has done in society, and what it still can be considered issues or obstacles for it. We also see the creator perspective, we learn some more info about his relation with aliens and the crowds appear at the end.
The guy (uhhh what was his name... the trap) is a interesting character, they haven't painted him as a bad guy but more as a neutral force with his own agenda and interests, though maybe under a bad influence.

Sunday without God -3
Dropped, both by myself and the friend who was watching it with me. I didn't like the character design (or their personalities), how it was directed, the amount of bullshit that powered the story and to be honest, from the start it didn't seem to me a good series, I just watched until the third ep. because the poor wtfness of the plot got my curiosity, so I can't be surprised if I drop it in the end.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I trust you'll be repping Akarin?
Sure, if they streetpass my AC villager.

See it's impossible to cosplay as her, because there's no way a handsome chap like me dressed in drag will ever be overlooked, thus the whole purpose is defeated.

Oh, they were there at the last one - had a huge stall.

Hope you enjoy!
Yeah, that's why I thought they may have been there this year but I see no mention of it anywhere. Like I said, haven't watched a con stream in ages so I have no idea if they still do 'em.

Syrinx

Steins;Gate 8

I don't get it. Ruka wanted to send a message to the past so that she would become a girl...and it appears he did. Why else would he/she cover up his/her chest when Okabe was staring at it? And why would that even be an issue if he/she was a dude? So yeah, seems it worked. So why is he saying it failed and asking what actually did change? Whatever, seems like a risky proposition anyway. Changing the past so a guy gets born a girl could mean dangerously major changes to the present.

Dog & Scissors 3-4

A yandere imoutou. Well. This is entering into crazy territory that I like. Although it's hilarious that they pulled the "People Understand Kazuhito" gag twice in the same episode. That said, Suzuna is best chara for me at the moment.

Now onto catching up with Servant x Service.

Monogatari seconds - 04

Confusing as hell yet as simple as possible.

I hope i get to see araragi side of the story when we settle on this matter.

jbug617

Banned
I see that Anime Sols finally raised enough money to release a show (Creamy Mami). They stopped taking funds in for the Tatsunoko titles though.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

Be sure to take pics of the Kirito cosplayers so we can laugh at them later.

Sailor Moon Rough 63

Every time Yuichiro appears, he's manlier than before, and I'm glad he's back here to show that not only does he have pocket Rei pussy, but the pussy of many schoolgirls. Straight baller yo.

Grandpa's perversion forced him to retire due to lack of visits, and hot girls came by to ruin his new plan. Rei gains a new move, and quite frankly, I don't know why, but I was expecting them to not get two moves in one season.

Fuck Yuichiro already Rei, you know you want to. He's not a douchebag like Mamoru.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Sailor Moon Rough 63

Grandpa's perversion forced him to retire due to lack of visits, and hot girls came by to ruin his new plan. Rei gains a new move, and quite frankly, I don't know why, but I was expecting them to not get two moves in one season.
They never use the moves they learn in the Doom Tree arc ever again. :( I miss lightning dragon...

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I see that Anime Sols finally raised enough money to release a show (Creamy Mami). They stopped taking funds in for the Tatsunoko titles though.

Even thirty years removed from airing, cute girls maintain profit supremacy over other genres!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
They never use the moves they learn in the Doom Tree arc ever again. :( I miss lightning dragon...
Actually I don't think this is entirely true. I'm pretty sure one of them comes up at least a second time.

Regardless, they've gotten a true upgrade now. New attacks for everyone, and ones that they'll keep using too.

Danganronpa: The Animation Episode 4 (Not) Normal Arc: Weekly Shonen Despair Magazine
tumblr_mqm9n5uNnX1qbxqfpo1_500.png
tumblr_mqm9n5uNnX1qbxqfpo2_500.png

Wow since episode 3 this anime has just been getting much better than it started out. The opening scene was extensively pleasing and made me wish for even more
nekkid
naegi and then these two, lol, utterly hilarious in both moments. I hope we get way more like it in the future. For the plot
I guess I unfortunately chose the wrong female character to support, why they kill her off so fast what even. The one time I have some interest in caring about a female character they kill her off, I cant. At least it was Ishimaru or Naegi, though

railgun s 16

arc is finally over! touma is alright when he isn't spouting his shounen nonsense.

biribiri going all girly in love is so adorable.

cookie.jpg

seems like stuff is finally going back away from ew Index.

You know, i think i stopped reading ln, around this arc. sister arc is book 3 of index ln right?

That being said? This episode reinforces something: while the trials are adapted near perfectly, the investigation episodes lose some impact because, at least in the game, you can bond and learn things about the victims and murderers beforehand (and also a bit of foreshadowing). For example, they skimmed over Sayaka and Naegi's conversation about her doing terrible things to get where she is today as an idol and that she values her idol friends above anything else, hence her extreme reaction to that motive DVD. You just understand why people do the things they do better in the game.

TRIAL 2 SPOILERS:
The same goes for Chihiro. Throughout the second chapter and even during his free time events, it becomes evident that Chihiro wants to get stronger and overcome his doubts, hence why he dies. It also becomes apparent that he's actually a boy. They drop subtle hints about it here and there, but only Kirigiri notices, since she's the only one who bothers to check the corpse.

But I don't necessarily mind it, if only because seeing everyone one in motion is just the best thing. (Seeing Monokuma in motion justifies the entire thing).

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Wut there is a new OT already?

Unpopular Girl Show Episode 3

Man this show is painful to watch.

Sailor Moon Rough 64

We learn more about where Chibiusa came from (except no one else did). For an episode based on Thunder, Jupiter did jack shit in this episode... actually, so did everyone else sans Sailor Moon and TUXEDO RAMASAMA. This isn't Doki Doki Precure now.

Tuxedo Mask really seems to only attract people younger than him, Mamoru is quite... something on top of being a douchebag, along with the battered wife syndrome going on with Usagi.

This episodes panty shots.
Not actually one, but shows Usagi's wearing nothing at all.
Chibiusa 1
Chibiusa 2
Chibiusa 3
Chibiusa 4

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Sailor Moon Rough 64

We learn more about where Chibiusa came from (except no one else did). For an episode based on Thunder, Jupiter did jack shit in this episode... actually, so did everyone else sans Sailor Moon and TUXEDO RAMASAMA. This isn't Doki Doki Precure now.

Tuxedo Mask really seems to only attract people younger than him, Mamoru is quite... something on top of being a douchebag, along with the battered wife syndrome going on with Usagi.

Oh Tuxedo Ramasama. Why are you so flippant, yet so desirable?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon SuperS] 164
Nehelenia's just mad she's not a pre-teen like Chibiusa.
Too old for Helios.

I was half-expecting to see the Amazoness Quartet's "adult" form in this episode. :( Disappointmenton.

cajunator

Banned
Steins;Gate 7

I have to agree with Mayuri. The world would be a better place if everybody had an Oopa pillow.

Funniest part of the episode was when Moeka sent Okabe the text asking what a round table meeting was, and he gave that face like "I am NOT having this discussion again!"

So the crew's really beginning to get going now. Okabe has finally used the Phone Microwave to create a change in the past. What's stranger though, is that he's the only one who remembers it. I wager why he has that ability will be a point of focus going forward.

Yes its just about done laying the groundwork for the show to really kick in.

Day Break Illusion 4

Welp, apparently I like shit, because I liked this. Sure, we're plainly into monster of the week territory now, and the Madoka similarities are getting more and more overt, but whatever. I still enjoyed it.

I think this show is going off the deep end judging by that pic someone posted.

Thats pretty neat actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom