• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
ez6Cuky.gif

Midonin

Doki Doki Precure! 26

Rikka really hasn't had much screentime this season, but this episode was good. She's finally certain of what she wants to do, and had a role beyond that of "Mana's wife". It was a nice showing for Ira, too. Though the very important lesson of "Do not taunt Thor, God of Thunder" was shown. I suspect Aguri may have created that lightning, given her tendency to show up completely unannounced. At least everyone has that glowy thing now.

My favorite scene was when Charle and Lance walked in on the feeding scene. I love when a character gets that dumbfounded expression. I'm sure the shippers on pixiv will go wild with this one.

Syrinx

Steins;Gate 9

So now it really seems to be dawning on Okabe that he dun goofed. Too many things have changed too much, and thus he doesn't even know the world they live in anymore. All sorts of little things yet things he's completely taken for granted are changing. Things he once knew no longer are.

Wonder how he's going to respond to all of this. Is he going to stop? Is he going to use the time machine purely to stop SERN? Or will he keep using it and see just how deep the rabbit hole is going to go?

Jintor

Love Lab 1

Wow, Riko is like some unholy combination of Mio and Ritsu and... uh... Taiga? while Maki is like a combination of Mugi stealing Mio's public presentation. Or maybe like a more romance focused StuCoPres from SYD.

The pacing is excellent and the jokes are pretty lolz. Also, yuri.

cajunator

Banned
Steins;Gate 8

I don't get it. Ruka wanted to send a message to the past so that she would become a girl...and it appears he did. Why else would he/she cover up his/her chest when Okabe was staring at it? And why would that even be an issue if he/she was a dude? So yeah, seems it worked. So why is he saying it failed and asking what actually did change? Whatever, seems like a risky proposition anyway. Changing the past so a guy gets born a girl could mean dangerously major changes to the present.

You have no idea!

Wut there is a new OT already?

Unpopular Girl Show Episode 3

Man this show is painful to watch.

Nah its actually really enjoyable to watch.

Steins;Gate 9

So now it really seems to be dawning on Okabe that he dun goofed. Too many things have changed too much, and thus he doesn't even know the world they live in anymore. All sorts of little things yet things he's completely taken for granted are changing. Things he once knew no longer are.

Wonder how he's going to respond to all of this. Is he going to stop? Is he going to use the time machine purely to stop SERN? Or will he keep using it and see just how deep the rabbit hole is going to go?

The show is pure Butterfly Effect in the best way.
This is why real life time travel would be incredibly dangerous.

It was posted several times! Doesn't matter though, the more people that find it the better!
I wonder if it's be worth it to have a running list of films available for free on legit streaming services. I mean, the only one I knew about was Little Witch Academia on YouTube until just now learning of Redline, and I'm sure not many are aware of Fuse Teppou Musume no Torimonochou being available on Hulu.

Theonik

I wonder if it's be worth it to have a running list of films available for free on legit streaming services. I mean, I only knew about Little Witch Academia on YouTube until just now, and I'm sure not many are aware of Fuse Teppou Musume no Torimonochou being available on Hulu.

It's a bit of work. Plus maintenance of such a list.
I'd do it but the fact only like 2% of it isn't geo-restricted so I can't use it is depressing enough that no thanks.

Articalys

I missed a lot of weird stuff this morning, huh.

Kiniro Mosaic ep.4

Still incredibly charming in its simplicity.

Nekomonogatari White ep.4

So this is where Kizu starts to become required reading, huh... well, I'll trust them to handle things in the anime so that it won't become too much of a problem.
Fantastic episode all around, though.

Novid

Banned
So gaming side now happy that Noire is a B-Cup, her thighs are made of thunder, and she still is a hot blooded tsundre?

GOD I COULD HAVE TOLD THEM THIS.

cajunator

Banned
Love Lab 1

Wow, Riko is like some unholy combination of Mio and Ritsu and... uh... Taiga? while Maki is like a combination of Mugi stealing Mio's public presentation. Or maybe like a more romance focused StuCoPres from SYD.

The pacing is excellent and the jokes are pretty lolz. Also, yuri.

Great show. a bit uneven but the core two characters are so much fun together!

Syrinx

Steins;Gate 10

Surprised that Okabe was so ready to send a d-mail when he knew the potential ramifications for doing it. He realy buys into the whole "mad scientist" persona, doesn't he? Still, he was damn near going insane when he found out that Ruka had indeed become a girl (though I don't know how he missed that to begin with).

And somebody's watching him now and sent a picture of some red Jell-O or something. Referring to time travel gel and/or blood? I don't know.

sonicmj1

Steins;Gate 8

I don't get it. Ruka wanted to send a message to the past so that she would become a girl...and it appears he did. Why else would he/she cover up his/her chest when Okabe was staring at it? And why would that even be an issue if he/she was a dude? So yeah, seems it worked. So why is he saying it failed and asking what actually did change? Whatever, seems like a risky proposition anyway. Changing the past so a guy gets born a girl could mean dangerously major changes to the present.

Because time travel.

Remember, Okabe is the only one who remembers what happened when there are changes in the timeline. If Ruka was born a girl, she would never ask to send a message into the past to make her female. In the 'world line' where Ruka's mother received the D-mail and gave birth to a girl, Ruka asked Okabe to send a different message.

cajunator

Banned
Steins;Gate 10

Surprised that Okabe was so ready to send a d-mail when he knew the potential ramifications for doing it. He realy buys into the whole "mad scientist" persona, doesn't he? Still, he was damn near going insane when he found out that Ruka had indeed become a girl (though I don't know how he missed that to begin with).

And somebody's watching him now and sent a picture of some red Jell-O or something. Referring to time travel gel and/or blood? I don't know.

now its settling into the main arc.

Syrinx

Because time travel.

Remember, Okabe is the only one who remembers what happened when there are changes in the timeline. If Ruka was born a girl, she would never ask to send a message into the past to make her female. In the 'world line' where Ruka's mother received the D-mail and gave birth to a girl, Ruka asked Okabe to send a different message.

My confusion was to why he saw the experiment as failed when Ruka actually became a girl. Ep.10 illustrated that (somehow) he was still operating as though Ruka was a boy. He (again, somehow, especially given Ruka's body language) hadn't realized that Ruka had in fact become a girl. I guess it was cause, you know, eating vegetables instead of beef couldn't possibly have had that effect.

Sailor Moon Rough 65

Team Unrequited Love represent! Fighting over guys who dumped them, and Usagi joins the fray with Chibiusa in tow. Also Mamoru shows up to fill the douchebag quota for the episode. mooo

Anyway, Nipple Dress Villain and Short Hair Villain show up to corrupt people's love with jewels, but only corrupted two people before Usagi, Minako, and Mako showed up. How useless.

Both Mako and Minako powered up this episode, probably because the last episode had no one powering up, so they're making up for it by giving us two. Hooray!

Underskirts of the episode

The only panty shot
Sailor Venus showing us dat under leotard all out
Sailor Jupiter underskirt

Narag

Attack on Titan 16

I feel like either the supporting cast hasn't been adequately developed or I've no appreciation for how they were. Bonfire discussion and such thereafter should have had more of an emotional impact. I think it's a bad sign that the Survey Corps has left more of an impression what with Levi and Hanji doing their things. Outside of Mikasa and Armin, I know there's Jean, Potao Girl, blonde chick, dude with shaved head, and probably others.

Another insert song too. Torn on this change as I might not have minded as much if it'd been consistent in usage from the beginning. Seems like cross-promotion more than adding anything to the worik.

Ah, so tired.

Back from the J-Pop summit where I saw none of the artists that were preforming today, got lots of free and expensive stuff and saw a bunch of cosplayers. It was like a mini-con with none of the interesting panels to go to. ~_~

Will post pictures later.

Decado

Enjoyed GitS Arise, despite concerns about young angsty main character. Anyone else really wish that the Berserk trilogy of films used the same animation style instead of shitty CGI? Seriously, this OVA looked like it had a bigger budget than the three Berserk films combined (only a slight exaggeration).

Anyway, film and OVAs are still the only things keeping me into anime at all. Haven't been happy with a TV series since 2007. I thought Attack on Titan would change that but no...same old same old.

Jintor

Ok, hummingbird profiles. Is there a master list somewhere?

and what do you guys think about adding shows already seen, or should I stick to just adding shows I see from now on like I did with my goodreads profile?

Ok, hummingbird profiles. Is there a master list somewhere?

and what do you guys think about adding shows already seen, or should I stick to just adding shows I see from now on like I did with my goodreads profile?

Mr. Jeff I believe had a master list somewhere, so you can sleuth through his posts. I think I'm lost on that second question.

Syrinx

Steins;Gate 11

Shit's starting to get a bit intense. It appears as if SERN is onto them.

Ep.12 will be the last one I watch tonight.

cajunator

Banned

Tenumi

Banned
Well, I'm having a hard time telling if I missed a lot or not today....

Oh well, I have to suffer the show known as Sword Art Online tonight, so... expect impressions tonight or tomorrow morning (EDT)

cajunator

Banned
Well, I'm having a hard time telling if I missed a lot or not today....

Oh well, I have to suffer the show known as Sword Art Online tonight, so... expect impressions tonight or tomorrow morning (EDT)

Nah you didnt miss much. Its actually been a really slow day.

Narag

Symphogear G 4

So it finally occurred to me the onscreen text and graphical effects are used in lieu of called attacks. I'd wondered about that forever. Fight was ok but I wished they'd dropped the school stuff in favor of the fast paced high stakes tension the first episode had.

I say this in spite of that awesome anime song club performance that was cut too short. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom