• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midonin

That preview of Robot Girls Z has me fully convinced. I like it for a lot of the same reasons I like Neptunia - if things can be represented through cute girls, then I approve of doing so. Plus, Mariko Honda as Mazinger Z is a great casting choice. My love of giant robots and my love of cute anime girls meet in this place.

That reason is also why I quite enjoyed Rinne no Lagrange.

CorvoSol

It aired at 2AM, in contrast to the original E7 which aired at 7AM Sunday. The kids probably never got a chance to experience it.

One can only hope those poor children were spared. Just such an awful show. Who. Why. I need to know who was doing this and why they thought it was okay and how best to punch them.

Best girl is Madoka. I think Muginami is probably second-best, though. I was never a big Lan fan, though she has her moments.

Madoka doesn't count, though. Your options are Lan, Muginami, Yurikano and that's it. Yellow doesn't count either because fuck Nowi from Fire Emblem Awakening.

Lan has the best butt and spawned a good amount of dog girl fanart, so of course she's the best.

Muginami has the better :chet, though.

Mr.Jeff

Then again, I kinda feel like I'm the only person on GAF who enjoyed Rin-ne, so I dunno, maybe it didn't work there, either.
I've still not watched it but Try Unite is a pretty great song to listen to. Not quite as insanely happy as Muromi's OP but somehow very catchy.

Also, Happy Birthday cnet and Happy Birthday Jintor!

Articalys

This looks amusing, at least, even if it's not a "normal" anime.
The Seiyuu Sentai Voicetorm 7 (Voice Actor Force Voicetorm 7) manga will become what the staff describes as the "first motion comic to air on NTV." Original story concept creator masaki collaborated with the talent agency 81 Produce and artist Sae Matsunaga to create this series about a team of voice-acting heroes who protect the peace for Earth and otaku.

The motion comic will take the original manga and combine it with spoken dialogue, motion effects, and other special effects to create 12 15-minute episodes. The series will premiere on NTV in October.

zxSu8t8.jpg
Main cast includes Tetsuya Kakihara, Kouki Miyata, Shinichiro Miki, Takahiro Sakurai, Emiri Kato, Wataru Hatano, and Chinatsu Akasaki.

Midonin

I'm torn on this one. On one hand - voice actors and Sentai, both things I like. I can even deal with the whole motion comic thing. Having it voiced alone will make watching it much easier. On the other hand, it's mostly male voice actors, and while I know Sentai almost always has more guys than girls, I'm looking for slightly different things in anime. But it'll probably default to me watching it anyway.

Articalys

Apparently that Tenkai Knights show from Bones is starting soon, if this tweet from voice actor Todd Haberkorn is any indication.

v9SrsOX.jpg

I'm not sure how it managed to slip under everyone's radar for almost a whole week either.

mhs004

I've been watching alot of Gintama lately and I'm almost caught up with it. Is there any other anime series that is anything like it that I should watch?

Syrinx

Steins;Gate 13

Oh man, they're really gonna crank it up for this second half, aren't they?

Mayuri's chances of surviving this whole ordeal don't look too...good. First SERN is out to dispose of her since she's unimportant to learning how to build the time machine, yet she's a witness to everything. Then, when they get in the subway station, Mr. Braun's daughter accidentally (seemingly, though she was in obvious shock) pushes her in front of the train. It appears SERN planned ahead for Okabe using the time leap and seem to be plugging all holes necessary. The crew is gonna have a hard time finding their way out of this.

Personally, I think Okabe should just try being honest from the beginning about what's going to happen. Hell, Kurisu already figured it out the first time. It may not work, but neither have his first two attempts.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
So that thread on gaming side got me to watch some of that Girls Und Panzer show, and I actually liked it.

This seemed like the sort of thing that needed to be confessed, but I couldn't find a priest so I decided to just cop to it here and hope one of y'all went to seminary.

So that thread on gaming side got me to watch some of that Girls Und Panzer show, and I actually liked it.

This seemed like the sort of thing that needed to be confessed, but I couldn't find a priest so I decided to just cop to it here and hope one of y'all went to seminary.

I don't see what's wrong with liking an excellent show.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

The show is pretty amazing actually, so you have nothing to be ashamed about at all for having excellent taste.

cajunator

Banned
Cover the Little Witch Academia Blu-ray (thanks to WTK at the Fandompost):

MKVJOk3.jpg

Nice...but where's Sucy?

Yes. where the HELL is Sucy?

Steins;Gate 13

Mayuri's chances of surviving this whole ordeal don't look too...good. First SERN is out to dispose of her since she's unimportant to learning how to build the time machine, yet she's a witness to everything. Then, when they get in the subway station, Mr. Braun's daughter accidentally (seemingly, though she was in obvious shock) pushes her in front of the train. It appears SERN planned ahead for Okabe using the time leap and seem to be plugging all holes necessary. The crew is gonna have a hard time finding their way out of this.

Personally, I think Okabe should just try being honest from the beginning about what's going to happen. Hell, Kurisu already figured it out the first time. It may not work, but neither have his first two attempts.

Heehee. It begins!

There is absolutely no shame in liking Girls Und Panzer. Its celebrated here. Because its fucking awesome.

jbug617

Banned

It's a good show.

Metrotab

Banned
So I finally managed to wrestle myself free from a rather dangerously addicting cocktail of Skyrim, Baldur's Gate and STALKER to watch anime again. This new gaming rig kicks ass.

Free! - 3

Looks like this show will be similar to K-On! in that it's structured around the evolution and development of a club. A bit more soap opera drama though with adversaries. I love how Kou is kind of a self-insert fantasy as a chick who gets to hang out with well-bodied boys all the time. It's a bit of a reverse harem, but without the actual harem in it.

cnet128

Banned
Of course I would. I hope the two main characters are voiced by him and Asami Imai.

Sorry, no such luck. Sugita's bro Nakamura Yuuichi is of course in there, though, and there does seem to be some crossover with the casts of BlazBlue and XBlaze. Here's some details on the main characters that just emerged today.

igokYEmTjXx8v.jpg

Tooyama Kou
CV: Hosoya Yoshimasa (Arata in Chihayafuru, Sentarou in Apollon, Akira in XBlaze)
Main character. Returns to Monou Town to protect his grandfather and grandmother from his parents. Enters the titular Tsukie Academy as a transfer student and ends up joining the Student Council and fighting against the "Hazard".

ifuS64hGRydP9.jpg

Mizuki Eiri
CV: Hayami Saori (Ayase in OreImo, Tsuruko in AnoHana, Yukino in Oregairu)
Heroine. Her family is one of the nine illustrious "Kuzuryuu" clans. Joined the Student Council under the influence of her elder brother, and fights against the Hazard. Has the ability to detect danger.

ibqCvneo5UGCWm.jpg

Mizuki Taiga
CV: Nakamura Yuuichi (Hazama in BlazBlue, Kyousuke in OreImo, Gai in Guilty Crown)
Eiri's big brother, and the Student Council President. Excels both mentally and physically.

iNkw4AP9n4OLK.jpg

Shigyou Ritsu
CV: Kayano Ai (Karira in Stella C3-bu, Ai in OreShura, Muginami in Lagrange)
Class rep for Kou's homeroom class, and a member of the Student Council. Wields a weapon called "Gear" (kanji: "Holy Hammer") and has the power to create illusions.

iblYHBZqjqgFRc.jpg

Futamura Tsuyoshi
CV: Nakai Kazuya (Zoro in One Piece, Mondo in Danganronpa)
A second-year Student Council member who says nothing but "Buu~", and a good friend of Ritsu. Has the ability to manipulate cells, and uses this for healing and to harden his own body in battle.

i96Toes1p2hCm.jpg

Asou Satsuki
CV: Yuuki Aoi (Madoka in Madoka, Akira in Valvrave, Platinum in BlazBlue)
Eiri's best friend. Her special eyes have the power to see things far away, and she fulfils an "operator"-like position in the Student Council.

ijonIJOMPTQf0.jpg

Asou Mei
CV: Satou Rina (Mikoto in Index/Railgun, Kana in Minami-ke)
Satsuki's big sister and a Student Council member. Strict with everyone, especially her sister. Has the ability to manipulate the velocity of objects.

iLirP1ca4ALSJ.jpg

Ajiki Lulu
CV: Yukana (CC in Code Geass, Honoka in Futari wa Precure, The Imperator in BlazBlue)
A girl with many secrets who starts talking to Kou after a certain incident. Loves the shoyu ramen from the school canteen.

Steins;Gate 13

Haha you're going to realy enjoy what happens now, this is where the show starts to become intense.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
I don't see what's wrong with liking an excellent show.

And I don't see what's wrong with worshiping graven images, but for some reason it puts your forever bits in a bad way and the man in the white collar needs to put 'em right side up again. I don't make the rules, I just arbitrarily adhere to them.

The show is pretty amazing actually, so you have nothing to be ashamed about at all for having excellent taste.

I ain't ashamed of my excellent taste (though I appreciate that you noted it, bee tee dubs), I'm ashamed that I was chillin' out watchin' some cartoons about tanks and the gals that love them and all of a sudden the girls were in a communal bathtub and there I was with three other people in the room and I was like "Huh."

cajunator

Banned
And I don't see what's wrong with worshiping graven images, but for some reason it puts your forever bits in a bad way and the man in the white collar needs to put 'em right side up again. I don't make the rules, I just arbitrarily adhere to them.

I ain't ashamed of my excellent taste (though I appreciate that you noted it, bee tee dubs), I'm ashamed that I was chillin' out watchin' some cartoons about tanks and the gals that love them and all of a sudden the girls were in a communal bathtub and there I was with three other people in the room and I was like "Huh."

People in Japan bathe together.

Mature

Just getting caught up in the thread and I'm super jealous of the Bebop and Macross Plus BDs. The packaging looks great.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

This is the best thing I've read on GAF today.

Midonin

You could also check out Sket Dance. There's even a crossover Gintama episode or two.
I watched Sket Dance almost entirely because Keiichiro Kawaguchi directed it. I was exposed to a lot of his works when I was first getting into anime. (The first season of Hayate, Zettai Karen Children and Moetan. I didn't have anything else to compare anime to, really.) He has a great sense of comedic timing.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
But they aren't in Japan. They're on an aircraft carrier.

It's a Japanese aircraft carrier.

You can tell because they speak Japanese and use the Japanese language, a.k.a. "glorious nihongo".

cajunator

Banned
I just kicked my feet up and silently dared somebody to say something.

They didn't.

But they aren't in Japan. They're on an aircraft carrier.

I know, and its glorious that they are! Is there any place you'd rather be than on an aircraft carrier city?

Syrinx

Steins;Gate 14

I would very much at this point like to compare Okabe to a certain other anime character. I will leave this much at that.

This whole ordeal really has caused notable changes in Okabe. It's kinda ironic how he used to do that whole "mad scientist" act, what with the Organization and the changing the world's order and all that jazz, and now that that's all happening for real, he's completely dropped the act and is now focusing solely on one goal: saving Mayuri from her death that almost seems like fate. And that's another thing; he rejects the whole notion of Steins Gate now after talking about it this whole time, because he now needs to believe that the power to save Mayuri is completely within his grasp.

Pretty big, but ultimately not surprising, revelation at the end that part timer is from the future. She made that much obvious. I didn't put two and two together and determine that she was John Titor though. But when she said 2036, I pretty much figured it out.

yami4ct

All the SAO versus .hack talk over in the Toonami thread got me to go back and play through most of the first game. Man, that game is really short for a JRPG. Really enjoying it, though.

The .hack//liminality OVA included in the package, though, is still pretty crap.

cajunator

Banned
Steins;Gate 14

I would very much at this point like to compare Okabe to a certain other anime character. I will leave this much at that.

This whole ordeal really has caused notable changes in Okabe. It's kinda ironic how he used to do that whole "mad scientist" act, what with the Organization and the changing the world's order and all that jazz, and now that that's all happening for real, he's completely dropped the act and is now focusing solely on one goal: saving Mayuri from her death that almost seems like fate. And that's another thing; he rejects the whole notion of Steins Gate now after talking about it this whole time, because he now needs to believe that the power to save Mayuri is completely within his grasp.

Pretty big, but ultimately not surprising, revelation at the end that part timer is from the future. She made that much obvious. I didn't put two and two together and determine that she was John Titor though. But when she said 2036, I pretty much figured it out.

All aboard the awesometrain!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom