• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metrotab

Banned
Majestic Prince - 15

The bureaucratic stuff is really hard to follow, since nobody bothers to explain the relationship between all these military divisions.

yami4ct

Majestic Prince - 15

The bureaucratic stuff is really hard to follow, since nobody bothers to explain the relationship between all these military divisions.

Mecha war anime problem number 1. So many mecha shows fall into this trap. It's really annoying.

Tsuritama 1-12 (rewatch, dubwatch, BD)

Still just intense second time around. I think Haru sister had a few weird lines, or rather tried too much to make her sound hip and savvy made it feel awkward. Some random guy had the voice of Funga in Phi Brain so that made me chuckle a bit, and then the dad has the typical Sentai dad voice. I think Ill still prefer the jpn leads over the eng ones, not that the eng ones were bad but jpn ones gave it a unique experience (though eng did make haru a bit less annoying in some ways).

Im just glad to watch it in a resolution thats higher than 360p. Everything so beautiful and gorgeous in the 1080 and etc. Nice.

Kazzy

Just look at Evangelion.

There's nothing moe about the cast of Evangelion, at least with how they're presented in-universe.
Thought I should preface that, before someone drags up those shaving adverts, among other things!

I'd say it's more fetishistic than anything you'd care to mention, what, with the suits and everything. Sexy, perhaps. Moe? Never.

Also, after seeing these characters getting decapitated and mutilated in various ways, I'd personally find it hard to view them like that.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
It's a Japanese aircraft carrier.

You can tell because they speak Japanese and use the Japanese language, a.k.a. "glorious nihongo".

But the tea-swilling ladies who drive a Churchill with a stiff upper lip also speak in the dulcet tones of halcyon Yamato, and they're pretty much living embodiments of something vaguely approximating Britannia. And main character girl's all about the German engineering and her sister dresses like she's auditioning for the Bund Deutscher Mädel. And living on an aircraft carrier is one of the top ten most American things you can ever do.

The language gets a bit lost in the syncretic cultural mish-mash, is what I'm sayin'.

I know, and its glorious that they are! Is there any place you'd rather be than on an aircraft carrier city?

I dunno, real estate prices on that bad boy are probs pretty killer. Rent in Manhattan is bananas and that place has got like way the hell more square footage than any ol' flight deck. Maybe the carrier's power plant keeps the NIMBY types out and drives prices down, though. Seems like too volatile a market for my blood.

This is the best thing I've read on GAF today.

I live to serve.

CorvoSol

If it makes you feel better, it's more of a compare and contrast. I haven't seen anyone claim SAO is better in any way yet.

Just let me know when they hit episode 14. Awards will be handed out to the most grandiose meltdown after that point.

Mecha war anime problem number 1. So many mecha shows fall into this trap. It's really annoying.

Oh yeah, E7AO does this and then decides it isn't enough and has everyone in all of them betray everyone for all of them in the last three episodes of the show. So much side switching that at the end I really don't remember who the good guys and bad guys were. Mostly I was too mad about the
assassination of Renton and Eureka's characters
to give two fucks at that point.

I hate E7AO more than most shows I've hated thus far.

Sorry, no such luck. Sugita's bro Nakamura Yuuichi is of course in there, though, and there does seem to be some crossover with the casts of BlazBlue and XBlaze. Here's some details on the main characters that just emerged today.

Hearing Nakai Kazuya say nothing but Buu~ sounds worth the price of admission alone.

There's nothing moe about the cast of Evangelion, at least with how they're presented in-universe.
Thought I should preface that, before someone drags up those shaving adverts, among other things!

I'd say it's more fetishistic than anything you'd care to mention, what, with the suits and everything. Sexy, perhaps. Moe? Never.

Also, after seeing these characters getting decapitated and mutilated in various ways, I'd personally find it hard to view them like that.

Sounds moe~ to me.

What if it's loli on milf action?

45WZwOe.png

Syrinx

Steins;Gate 15

"Mad scientist so cool. Sunofabitch!" C'mon son.

Nothing too major this episode. I wonder what she means by Kurisu becoming a SERN worker who becomes the "mother of time machines". When she first said that she did the work for SERN, I thought she just meant the mind leap ability she came up with. But apparently not. She actually goes and works for them.

Apparently that street vendor recognizes that badge and is going to point them toward her father. My guess is it's Mr. Braun. I wouldn't be surprised if Daru was right and they've been connected to him this whole time, and he's the only real guy I could think of.

cajunator

Banned

I have no idea whats going on in these pictures :kayo~s

Steins;Gate 15

"Mad scientist so cool. Sunofabitch!" C'mon son.

Nothing too major this episode. I wonder what she means by Kurisu becoming a SERN worker who becomes the "mother of time machines". When she first said that she did the work for SERN, I thought she just meant the mind leap ability she came up with. But apparently not. She actually goes and works for them.

Apparently that street vendor recognizes that badge and is going to point them toward her father. My guess is it's Mr. Braun. I wouldn't be surprised if Daru was right and they've been connected to him this whole time, and he's the only real guy I could think of.

Lol that part is the best. This show made me question CERN a little bit too.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
But the tea-swilling ladies who drive a Churchill with a stiff upper lip also speak in the dulcet tones of halcyon Yamato, and they're pretty much living embodiments of something vaguely approximating Britannia. And main character girl's all about the German engineering and her sister dresses like she's auditioning for the Bund Deutscher Mädel. And living on an aircraft carrier is one of the top ten most American things you can ever do.

It's a post-national society. Globalization is to be expected.

cnet128

Banned
Free! - 4

I don't like how this show reminds me I can only do one type of stroke. I can't even do that frog float thing.

But is that stroke butterfly?!

(I'm going to guess no. A pity, really.)

Gen'ei wo Kakeru Taiyou 4

This is still quite interesting I guess, and new developments are theoretically happening, but I can't shake the feeling it's moving a little slow for a single-cour series. I want things to happen that make me say wow, not generic enigmatic evil characters saying generic enigmatic evil things and everyone continually angsting over whether hearing the Daemonia's voices is a good thing or not.

CorvoSol

But is that stroke butterfly?!

(I'm going to guess no. A pity, really.)

Gen'ei wo Kakeru Taiyou 4

This is still quite interesting I guess, and new developments are theoretically happening, but I can't shake the feeling it's moving a little slow for a single-cour series. I want things to happen that make me say wow, not generic enigmatic evil characters saying generic enigmatic evil things and everyone continually angsting over whether hearing the Daemonia's voices is a good thing or not.

Stroke Butterfly sounds like a terrible boss concept for an undoubtedly bad Mega Man X 9.

All these people watching Steins;Gate makes we want to rewatch it haha.

Genshiken Nidaime 1-4

I haven't seen the first two seasons of Genshiken so I entered this with no knowledge beforehand of the series. Series is enjoyable though I feel its being heavily carried by Hato. It does its job being a comedy anime and did get a few laughs out of me, will start following this show as it goes on.

Syrinx

Steins;Gate 16

Yo DAAAAAAAAAMN!

I can't say I saw Daru being Suzu's father coming. Props to Mayuri for putting all of the pieces together.

It's odd how Suzu dies in the year 2000 no matter what happens. Either she remembers her duty suddenly and goes insane or she dies of illness. Well this way they're able to change the divergence number more (though not enough) and I guess get them an IBN 5100 (though they didn't say this outright, but I don't know how it would change if they didn't get one). And Mayuri lives to see beyond 7:30 Aug 13. She may not be out of the woods yet though.

So back when Okabe and Mayuri were in grade school, Mayuri's grandmother died. They showed this a number of times. 2000 would put the two of them in grade school. So...was Suzu Mayuri's grandmother?

Enough for tonight.

ixix

It's a post-national society. Globalization is to be expected.

I'm starting to suspect that the show follows an alternate history in which Japan won World War 2 and ultimately subsumed the world and dissolved all opposing nation-states into their empire. Girls Und Panzer is propaganda for how great life would be if only the Greater East Asian Co-Prosperity Sphere had ultimately encompassed the entire world.

It's like Battle Royale with the theme flipped 180 degrees.

Metrotab

Banned
Majestic Prince - 16

Belarus is a pretty random country to elevate to global importance status.

This show is really good at making me want to watch Full Metal Panic. So I've decided to start watching Fumoffu tomorrow.

cnet128

Banned
Inu to Hasami 5

Yay, we finally have
a second person who can actually hear our main character talking! In fact, it turns out we had one ALL ALONG.

Also, wat
imouto has a giant transforming knife chainsaw cannon
. Fights in this show are so bizarre.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm starting to suspect that the show follows an alternate history in which Japan won World War 2 and ultimately subsumed the world and dissolved all opposing nation-states into their empire. Girls Und Panzer is propaganda for how great life would be if only the Greater East Asian Co-Prosperity Sphere had ultimately encompassed the entire world.

I think perhaps you're reading a bit too far into it but hey whatever works for your enjoyment of the show.

ixix

I think perhaps you're reading a bit too far into it but hey whatever works for your enjoyment of the show.

And I think perhaps I'm reading a bit too far into it because the irresponsible teacher lady's modern tank is a time paradox.

But that shit'd be nutters.

Dresden

This is exactly it. OVA5 hints at this in some detail.

ixix

Reading too far into it status = NOT

Shit status = NUTTERS

Show is good. Gaudete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom