• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.
...I should be glad I'm not in the doujin market....

image.php

Dunno if it's been posted before, but if so, it's worth posting again: it's that time of the year for Film 4 again. That right UK AniGAF, a week (and two days) of Ghibli films in the 11am slot, available on practically every telly in the land.

The line-up this time round is:
Aug 1st: My Neighbors the Yamadas [sub, UK television premier]
Aug 2nd: Ocean Waves [sub]
Aug 3rd: My Neighbor Totoro
Aug 4th: Arrietty
Aug 5th: Ponyo
Aug 6th: Whisper of the Heart
[My Neighbors the Yamadas gets a repeat 1.45am Aug 7th]
Aug 7th: The Cat Returns
Aug 8th: Only Yesterday [sub]
Aug 9th: Kiki's Delivery Service

All of the films, unless otherwise noted, will be the dub (for Arrietty, probably the UK dub).

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
There is already watamote doujins.

The funny (and sad) thing is that the doujins are not far off from the source material.

Watamote 04
It’s weird how this episode redeemed the entire show for me. My main problem with the show was how horribly jealous and spiteful the main character was to everyone around her. This episode, I felt had very little of that and dramatically increased my, for lack of a better word, enjoyment of the show. I finally found myself feeling sorry for the main character. I’m really glad I gave this show another shot. Hopefully, this episode isn't an outlier.

It was really painful to watch the naginata and the panty scenes. I honestly felt sorry for the main character. Also the ending with her dad was nice. I figured it’d be another embarrassing or humorous scene, but the ending was sweet.

iezX9ID8RFzx2.gif

Articalys

New details on Chuunibyou S2 from a new magazine interview with the director:
-When the recording ended for the first season, we announced to the cast that "we're doing a second season."
-In the first season we made Rikka appear really pitiful, so we may treat her a bit better in the second season.
-It's still unknown how big of a presence Shichimiya will get in the second season.
-The four female leads have formed a solid group; I'm really worried about whether or not we can add a new actress to that group.
-Regarding who to play Shichimiya: That character hasn't been fully determined yet, so we don't have any idea.
-The Invisible Horizion probably still exists now, but instead of representing Rikka's father's death, it's not serious anymore.
-Dekomori's hair hasn't changed much. There may be a little bit changed.
-The other characters are fundamentally the same as before.
As a reminder, Shichimiya is the new character from the second novel, who was briefly mentioned in the backstory in the first novel.

Theonik

There is already watamote doujins.

The funny (and sad) thing is that the doujins are not far off from the source material.
Brb reading Watamote.

The line-up this time round is
Good film on my birthday. Excellent.
Shame I'm not in the UK right now.

there's one with Akane? I need it right now, but I cant stupid job I want to go home.
Do you want me to PM you?

Which stopped when the CURSE was broken, and then I was left okay but had severe PTSD when I see a new one.
Trigger and all that?

Kirbyguy is distraught there isn't a hot wolf girl getting the doujins.
But Kirby is fairly furless afaik. If it was DeeDeeDee I could somewhat see it.

OceanBlue

New details on Chuunibyou S2 from a new magazine interview with the director:

As a reminder, Shichimiya is the new character from the second novel, who was briefly mentioned in the backstory in the first novel.
I guess I'm kinda looking forward to this. Hopefully they do a lot better with the second season than with the first. They probably won't change the color palette though. I'm interested in seeing this new girl.

fertygo

The rest of Watamote 04

Yeah that was awkward as hell.. I don't know if I can take another episode with Tomoko's sexuality subject.

Sain seya omega 65

THE GOOD
-koga
-ryuho
-seya
-the double koga finisher
-the superb teamwork

THE BAD

-pallas ( but she is getting better by the day )
-The ending that everyone knew since how many weeks.
-omega

THE FACEPALM

-subaru
-the steel saints ( pathetic )

Do we need yet again a subaru speech ? i really hate this character
And where the hell is Eden ? Is his presence in the interlude for the show or anything ?

Cashew Sins 16

Cashew realizes that he compliments Tsundried Tomatoes very well, and wants the best for her and Onion Ringo, also some backstory on Ohji.

Second half was about LORD DIO the Walnut, and overcoming his weakness, with the help of Bragging Brass, and violence ensued to show just how much Dio improved.

Things are getting interesting

cajunator

Banned
So I was at a bookstore today and found a book titled "500 anime movies" (they count OVAs as movies too) Deceided to peruse it...

LMAO

Well....they fucked up
Ive seen this in car books too. dont these things have editors?

Kind of sad in a way that I only have a couple episodes of Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb left to watch. I only just got into the franchise this year and it's quickly become one of my favorite shows. Its lightheartedness makes for good post-work viewing.

Watch Aishiteruze Baby for more feels.

I think that may be the most i have ever cringed in a show before, and i usually don't have that problem. Especially the
naginata scene

I havent even cringed. I was expecting the show to be a lot more cringeworthy than it is. Its just a bit awkward. I feel bad for Tomoko but shes so cute the show is really enjoyable to watch.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
UoloMAj.png

Well shit, Sugita is officially in the waifu app game. At this point, I should just predict that the Gintama franchise will make it over so that it hopefully comes true. lol

cajunator

Banned
Kirbyguy is distraught there isn't a hot wolf girl getting the doujins.

He should watch Tokyo Mew Mew.
and read THOSE doujins

Cat fans rejoice, the final cover art for the new Nyan Koi complete set isn't much different from the first version but the disc art is nice:

FUCK. I already have a DVD version. This should teach me to stop buying anime DVDs. I should just stick to bluray until companies quit pulling this shit. I keep getting burned.
Im just afraid of discs going out of print and staying DVD only. I wish there was a way to know if they will or wont release a bluray version. Its annoying.

Theonik

Armored Trooper VOTOMS 21
Moustache dude is retarded. Like seriously retarded holy fuck.
As if the previous episodes weren't enough.
Nice ownage at the end though. And good mecha fightin'
Good preview too.

Saw this in the Cowboy Bebop thread but early reports from people who have the UK Blu-Ray are that it is actually region free. Who is willing to take the plunge to test this for the rest of us poor North Americans? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom