• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnet128

Banned
WataMote 4

Pschhhh, the people who were saying they barely survived this episode or had to take a break partway through due to embarrassment are all wimps. Wimps I say!

I watched this episode from start to finish, IN FRONT OF MY FAMILY. Beat that!

Excuse me I'm going to go kill myself now.

Dresden

Right, because I see yuri potential.

I'm thinking of another word that starts with 'y.'

e93KQYi.jpg

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Watamote 4

Show remains irresistibly charming. Glad I picked this one up.

I find the show oddly watchable in spite of its lack of grace and charm and the fact that Tokomo is when you get down to it a horrible, shallow, annoying and downright insane bitch who has deeper issues then just being social awkward. She deserves all of the hate and more.

cnet128

Banned
Fantasista Doll 4

Shimeji is best doll.

lol at the way a fair amount of time was spent this episode talking about baths but no bath time was actually shown. But we got fun action scene instead, so that's something. This show continues to vaguely amuse me with its unconventional(?) approach to combat. For some reason it seemed inordinately hilarious when they escaped from a doll attack thanks to
Uzume herself just running up and shoving the enemy doll to the ground. Whoever says non-powered humans can't come in useful in magical battles?!

Syrinx

Cardcaptor Sakura 61

Aw, Toya got a present for Mirror. And then Sakura played the hymn for the cards and Mirror told her how much they love her.

Episode was full of daw.

fertygo

Armored Trooper VOTOMS 21
Moustache dude is retarded. Like seriously retarded holy fuck.
As if the previous episodes weren't enough.
Nice ownage at the end though. And good mecha fightin'
Good preview too.

Yeah fuck Kanyu, he the thing that resisting me fully loving this arc like anyone else.

Articalys

Well that narration was part of the show wasn't it?

I think it's not the dub they're using though.
Hell if I know if it was also narrated in-show -- I never watched the series -- and yeah, the other reason I changed the phrasing was because the stuff they showed at AX was with a thrown-together cast and crew that's not guaranteed to be the final dub staff at all.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The dub is already destined to fail because it isn't done by the BBC. Once you've heard their dubs you'll accept no substitutes.

Theonik

No tankwondo, no sale.
For what it's worth Tankery is at least better than that.

Hell if I know if it was also narrated in-show -- I never watched the series -- and yeah, the other reason I changed the phrasing was because the stuff they showed at AX was with a thrown-together cast and crew that's not guaranteed to be the final dub staff at all.
You know what you must do.

The dub is already destined to fail because it isn't done by the BBC. Once you've heard their dubs you'll accept no substitutes.
Indeed.
"I'll run your teeth so far down yer throat you'll be able to chew with yer arse" is one of my favourite phrases ever now.

mhs004

Gintama 180

I could never recommend this show enough. If you have not watched it yet then start it is amazing. Yes most of the time it's goofy but sometimes it gets really serious and I think that is when it shines. The viewers finally here Gintoki's master for the first time and learn how he and his master met. The fighting in this episode was excellent like most of Gintama's fight scenes and the ending was very emotional. It seems there's another arc starting next episode so I'm exited.

Hakkenden: Eight Dogs of the East Episode 17 – Ignorance
tumblr_mqpu2wQKf91qcff4ao1_500.gif

I wonder if any has penned this yet, would be just as good as the Shino Sousuke ones. Good plot and pretty shocking moments as it went on. I like this mini arc more than the previous episode.
Ao makes a good antagonist and is so alluring. So calm even too. Kobu randomly showing up was good but needs to do something. I guess he and Genpachi will handle the Yana and the seal that keeps getting loose doing the bloodshed while Shino and Sousuke will handle Ao? I think that makes for a good story.

Tenumi

Banned
Watamote: 4

Would Tomoko watch her own show?

Anyway, the talk about molestation on the train for some reason reminded me of my old high school principal, who actually came out and said "bullying is a right of passage". I bet he'd say that of train-molestation, too, the bastard.

Also, its bad for me when I'd rather be Tomoko than myself....

Metrotab

Banned
Full Metal Panic!: Fumoffu - 1

Ahhh, I've waited too long to watch this. Looks like they'll be completely focusing on the comedy parts in this run. So gooooood.

Sousuke really nailed that sociopathic part down, holy shit.

I hope Barbarossa and the two team members of the first season come back.

AND THEY STILL GOT THE A-TEAM THEME YISSSSSSSS

Sailor Moon R 71

Well the plot for this episode happened sooner than I would've thought considering
last episode had Koan purified to be human, now Berthier was purified as well because her other sisters are shit heads. Koan x Berthier

Also damn, Usagi threw Mako under the bus in this episode. Sweet Vengence.

Articalys

Forgot to check for these earlier: music sales for July 22-28

CD New Single
*5, 23,833 *23,833 Toriko Movie: Bishokushin no Special Menu ED "ShiawaTheory"
*6, 22,312 *22,312 Jewelpet Happiness theme song "Hikari no Hate ni"
12, *8,857 **8,857 Senki Zesshou Symphogear G Character Song 2 Hibiki "Seigi wo Shinjite, Nigiri-shimete"
13, *8,175 **8,175 Monogatari Second Season ED "Ai wo Utae"
16, *5,498 **5,498 Hetalia Character CD II Vol.6 America (Konishi Katsuyuki) "I'm your HERO"
18, *5,059 **5,059 Hetalia Character CD II Vol.5 France (Onosaka Masaya) "Koiseyo Mademoiselle"
19, *4,976 **4,976 Blood Lad OP "ViViD"
20, *4,852 **4,852 Rozen Maiden Zurückspulen OP "Watashi no Bara wo Haminasai"
24, *4,590 **4,590 Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi ED "Owaranai Melody wo Utaidashimashita"
25, *3,974 **3,974 Kiniro Mosaic OP/ED "Jumping!! / Your Voice"
26, *3,262 **3,262 Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya ED "Prism Symphony"
27, *3,059 **3,059 Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS Character Songs 02 Misawa Maho (Iguchi Yuka) "Mahotopia"
31, *2,906 **2,906 Choujigen Game Neptune the Animation OP "Dimension tripper!!!"
32, *2,882 **2,882 Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist OP "Believe My Dice / a shadow's love song"
66, *1,218 **1,218 Danchi Tomoo theme song "Danchi de Dan! Dan!"
68, *1,154 **1,154 Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou ED "-Mirage-"
71, *1,095 **1,095 Kimi no Iru Machi ED "Kimi no Iru Machi"
Jiyuu e no Shingeki is now up to 172,779, which means it beat Preserved Roses.

CorvoSol

Full Metal Panic!: Fumoffu - 1

Ahhh, I've waited too long to watch this. Looks like they'll be completely focusing on the comedy parts in this run. So gooooood.

Sousuke really nailed that sociopathic part down, holy shit.

I hope Barbarossa and the two team members of the first season come back.

AND THEY STILL GOT THE A-TEAM THEME YISSSSSSSS

Wait, have you never seen this before?

cajunator

Banned
Watamote: 4

Would Tomoko watch her own show?

Anyway, the talk about molestation on the train for some reason reminded me of my old high school principal, who actually came out and said "bullying is a right of passage". I bet he'd say that of train-molestation, too, the bastard.

Also, its bad for me when I'd rather be Tomoko than myself....

I got bullied once. Put me up against the wall. Left himself open to attack. He regretted it. Im small but I can kick. Oops.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
I'm not really feeling the main character of Girls Und Panzer.

The whole "guts, teamwork, and dedication" theme kinda falls flat when the protagonist is one step short of being the heir to a legendary tank dynasty. Were it not for aircraft carrier-centric societies inscrutably functioning on a system of primogeniture she'd be one of the villains, y'know? She'd be hanging out in a big tank looking menacing in the closing shot of the episode right alongside her sister, while monocle girl would be the protagonist proving her worth in the face of a vastly better-trained and better-equipped foe with nothing but chutzpah and funny faces, and we'd all be better off for it.

Metrotab

Banned
Wait, have you never seen this before?

Nope, I only watched the first season after which I took a break in compliance with my policy regarding multi-season series.

Highschool DxD S2 - 2

Good to see they kept all the good songs from the first season.

I really like this show's universe and lore. I wonder if we are ever gonna see the Lord himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom