• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |OT3| only manly sports allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erigu

Monogatari Series Second Season - 12
I have a question for the LN readers:
I heard that Ougi is the main villain of the second half of the Monogatari series. Is this true?
She's fairly mysterious and ominous in the second season and what's been released of the final season, and might turn out to be the "big bad" of the series (as there does seem to be such a thing, a "mastermind in the shadows")... but then again, maybe not. The author seems to get a kick out of betraying his readers' expectations (possibly even to a fault), and even the characters themselves have commented on her "so obvious it's suspicious" last boss status.

Day Break Illusion 12

Really? Really? Are we really going to get
a happy ending to this show?
I won't believe it til I see it. Cerebrum totally wants to
bone a 14 year old girl, that is his true objective
I'm not sure if to laugh or shake my head. It was nice
to see Ginka again though I have no idea how the story is gonna explain that shenanigans

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Majestic Prince 17

Fuck yeah, this fighting. There's just very few moments it doesn't look good, mainly the constant in cockpit reaction faces.
That cannon was fucking awesome even if it didn't work.

i don't understand your spoiler , what are you talking about ?
what tooth ?

tooth.jpg

Fantasista Doll - 11

Everything done in this episode was "by the book" ...even if i must applaud the fact that they closed some thread that were hanging and gave the info on the "what" & "how" of the whole mess.

So a battle next week ? It better be well animated.

I thought that was it , but you're mistaken.

That paper user planted a piece of paper on each ryodan user , so that she can track and spy on them. That's one of her habilities. You should check the scene again.

cnet128

Banned
Fantasista Doll 11

So I think what I just watched was basically Doll NTR.

Komachi is actually legit creepy as fuck. The way she keeps smiling pleasantly even as she steals Uzume's friends away from her and plots to destroy them for the sake of her own goals...urghhhh. I'm glad Uzume managed to regain her dolls' allegiance by the end of the episode.

Fantasista Doll 11

So I think what I just watched was basically Doll NTR.

Komachi is actually legit creepy as fuck. The way she keeps smiling pleasantly even as she steals Uzume's friends away from her and plots to destroy them for the sake of her own goals...urghhhh. I'm glad Uzume managed to regain her dolls' allegiance by the end of the episode.

NTR might be a strong word , but that was quite similar indeed ...

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Majestic Prince 18

I just want to see this show's required short psychopath die so I only have to watch Valvrave's.
THANK YOU MECHA GODS

YES YES YES this looks so fucking good

Just because Earth is high alert, you're playing it safe? The only, I repeat the only units capable of stopping you are Rabbits, Doberman, and Black 6, and the Rabbits are all inoperable? Why wouldn't you just go now with a more level headed commander? You only have to really worry about Black 6!

You even got rid of the other annoying alien commander! Thank you so much mecha gods. I'm much happier.

Metrotab

Banned
AIR - 12 (END)

This ending manages to be tragic, without being sad.
It's tragic for the aunt, who, after finally realizing what she was missing all these years, gets it taken away. However, there seems to be an indication that those events got altered in an alternate timeline, providing happiness towards a different incarnation of the aunt's spirit. The ending isn't sad however, since we see her moved on, and we know that the curse has been lifted. The goal has been reached.

Also, two beautiful messages were portrayed during this show: family is intensely valuable, and we should strive to make a happy future for our collective children. Miss USA speech material perhaps, but portrayed genuinely.

I'm happy with this show. It felt a bit rushed at times, but it got me the feels and Misuzu is just way too adorable. Gao!

I rate it 7/10. I only got some specials left now.

Phi Brain 26

S2's OP, ED, and villains > S1's OP, ED, and villains

Also S2's OP has Nonoha with her hair straight and down which was simply glorious

I like the tease that all title characters will have a rival of shorts this season, the best parts of S1 were Kaito vs Gammon so if we get more of that with the other character it should be awesome. Speaking of that I was right, Gammon's villain streak lasted a whopping 5 episodes before he became a good guy again

Brain Diver (no love for may'n?) is more stylish than Now or Never (is there a bad Nano song?), but Now or Never does sound good. Hologram is much better than ed 2. It even feels fitting with theme of the anime.

The way she sings Pahzuru just ruins the song for me, the lyrics are also silly. As I've said before Brain Diver would have been better without any lyrics and just was instrumental.

The Eccentric Family 12

This episode was just a blast. The whole train scene was so much fun. I was also shocked to learn that it wasn't the last episode. Excited to see how it all wraps up.

cnet128

Banned
Monogatari SS 12 (Otorimonogatari 1)

Oh, boy. Well, that was certainly an unsettling way to start an arc. None of the usual lighthearted antics to balance out the serious stuff here, just a whole lot of ominous atmosphere and a sense of horrible inevitability right off the bat.

I kind of love it.

attack on titans catched up

i don't particularly dislike the show... but i really wish the mangaka could do... something different? Weird sense of deja vu with each eps/arc.

Brain Diver (no love for may'n?) is more stylish than Now or Never (is there a bad Nano song?), but Now or Never does sound good. Hologram is much better than ed 2. It even feels fitting with theme of the anime.

"Brain diver" & "now or Never " are both good and they trully are on the same level..i do think that "now or never" is superior but i can understand that this might be just my tastes.
For me the animation during the opening is better in "now or never"

However ennemies & endings song are much better in S2..there is like , no contest.

It turns out Benten and Kaisei are the same raccoon
!!!!!

Lol that's NOT how you do a twist !

Death Note - Episode 13

Hold on hold on wait a minute. Did I really just stumble upon an anime with a hidden
yandere
in it? Holy moly talk about unsuspecting. Death Note is getting more interesting by the minute with this news.

Necrovex

I took a small break from watching a long-running show after completing Utena, but it is time for me to begin my next journey. And I decided on an anime that many seems to love here:

Hajime no Ippo 1-3

If I didn't have any other obligations in my life, I would do here what I did for Beck. Grind out all of these episodes. This shall be a magical trip.

Phi Brain 27

The game (I'm not going to call these things puzzles they're clearly YGO esque games now) this episode had was more interesting in concept then in execution. It didn't help that the VP had very little reason to fight Kaito outside of a really warped sense of logic which apparently her character had? Maybe if she had appeared in more then 2 episodes in S1 I would have cared about her more.

Final shot with the face off was glorious, made me realize we added 2 female cast members and including the VP getting a bigger role we're almost leaving :dtl territories and entering :sdburton levels with females running around
I mostly joke about this, honestly I don't really get any romantic vibes between anyone that isn't Nonoha being thirsty for Kaito and him having some feelings for her and puzzle queen being thirsty for Gammon while he was being EVIL to give us any indication of what he really thinks

TWGOK S3 10

So they cut out Sumire's minor appearance.

Fully expected it, but that doesn't make it any less disappointing.

Haqua's action scene was pretty lame. Even if she did have a battle theme music playing throughout the whole thing.

Majestic Prince - 21 & 22

Ep 21 was a nice set-up of events.

Ep 22 had plenty of fights and a very nice end...

Trully the fights in this anime are exceptionnal. Loved how slutty yellow chan went ..i also praise teamwork in my anime.

Animewatch continues.

Railgun S 19-23

Railgun baddies... why not move somewhere else? Theres gotta be a less shitty city than academy city to do stuff...

But hey, can't hate people out there building revolutionary lolis.

Animewatch continues.
Railgun S 19-23
Railgun baddies... why not move somewhere else? Theres gotta be a less shitty city than academy city to do stuff...
But hey, can't hate people out there building revolutionary lolis.
You're asking , why ...but the answer is "because"

Only 2 path exist:

You either have childlish underwear/swimsuit or mature ones

Frenda & kuroko are in the "mature" category.

High School DxD New 12

More please. Such a strong finish
LN has more awesome fights , i promise.

I want to rub those Eclair ears.

Eclair is fine but there are more adorable girls.

1353861467089.gif

----------
Majestic prince - 23
Even the best plans need to be reworked.

Feelign of epic battle : check
Epic fights : check
good music : check
I'm gonna do something awesome : check

Phi Brain 28

Finally Airi gets to do something, her whole character in S1 was being thirsty for Kaito... so they rewrote her to be a klutz with no interest in Kaito... *sigh*

At least the final scene where Nonoha asked if Kaito thinks of her as "something dear" was cute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom