• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |OT3| only manly sports allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chronoexe

High School DxD S2 END

nooooooooooo its over ;__;

It was a nice adaptation but it feels a little rushed especially in the azazel fight. The first battle with vali was awesome and I didn't remember all those

BOOST! BOOST! BOOST! BOOST! BOOST! BOOST! BOOST! BOOST! BOOST!

And then Juggernaut Drive

iuVhgOyl.jpg

I, who is about to awaken,
Am the Heavenly Dragon who has taken the principles of supremacy from God
I envy the "infinite" and I pursue the "dream"
I shall become the White Dragon of Domination
And I shall take you to the limits of white paradise

they end the chapter with goddess akeno

O3wrWOt.jpg

Best girl

hope it sells well I really want season 3, with the training and the rating game vs the student council.

Volume 15 is ready? wooooooooooooooo

LN has more awesome fights , i promise.

Dat Fist Fight!

High School DxD New 12

More please. Such a strong finish

Read the novels there are more awesome fights and more boobs, join the club and sing with us the Oppai dragon song, CLICK-CLICK ZOOM-ZOOM IYAAAN.

Syrinx

Ojamajo Doremi # 26

Not sure how I feel about this. I think the main takeaway is that Kanae was dieting because other kids were telling her she was fat and needed to slim down, rather than a personal desire to get her weight down. And that she was taking her diet way, way too far. Still though, diets, when you keep them under control, are a good thing. And their attempts to get her to stop were just misguided. That could have been a potential eating disorder brewing there, and you don't solve it by surrounding that person with a bunch of cake. That's just mean. And counterproductive.

Ojamajo Doremi # 26

Not sure how I feel about this. I think the main takeaway is that Kanae was dieting because other kids were telling her she was fat and needed to slim down, rather than a personal desire to get her weight down. And that she was taking her diet way, way too far. Still though, diets, when you keep them under control, are a good thing. And their attempts to get her to stop were just misguided. That could have been a potential eating disorder brewing there, and you don't solve it by surrounding that person with a bunch of cake. That's just mean. And counterproductive.

In all honesty, this one also bothered me. It was like one big what when I was done....

And then I moved on to the next episode.

Jarmel

Banned
Uchouten Kazoku 12-

I'm sorry but this show is way too light-hearted for the material it covers. I hope the Uncle gets thrown in the pot or exiled. I really hope they don't brush these events off.

cajunator

Banned
New CMs/PVs:

Yozakura Quartet ~Hana no Uta~: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PcnoCPWR7c

Golden Time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9tcyonlZAM

Log Horizon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yVOmaezbLI

Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita. (Yu-sibu): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTtxA-xECms

Thanks for these.

So I got around to listening to some of the opening previews for the fall shows.

Machine Doll wa Kizutsukanai (Youtube)

Log Horizon

Coppelion

Tokyo Ravens (Youtube)

Golden Time

Not really liking Log Horizon. Might just be one of those songs that will grow on me after awhile, but I'm kinda doubting it.

On the other hand, I'm enjoying the openings to Tokyo Ravens and Golden Time.

These as well!
Hnnng Yaya

Death Note - Episode 1+2

My friend told me about this anime so I thought I'd give it a watch.

First off this Death notebook is quite interesting, and at least the protagonist is using it for the good. This L guy sounds like quite a character since he made Light
freak out

This series is a pretty fascinating cat and mouse chase. Its like two masters of chess continually cornering each other and escaping but never getting the checkmate.

Since it's related I might as well post one of the last things I laughed at from /a/.

iEaP5ijHTXiFm.gif

This is excellent.

Death Note - Episode 6

Looks like things are about to get serious from here on out. At first I liked Light but
after seeing him kill off FBI agents, and killing that FBI agent that was following him
. I don't like him that much anymore. I'm rooting for L now.

Dunsparce could fly!? Seeing him fly is kinda funny since he looks like the lazy type of Pokemon.

Well you arent supposed to LIKE Light lol.

cajunator

Banned
dropped at 24?

mor sucks.

Whaaaaaaaaaaat?! nonononononono. Do not pass go. Do not collect 200 fucking dollars. go directly to JAIL.

Death Note - Episode 10

I was wondering where that famous laughing gif came from, and I guess now I know. I thought L would be more classy then that, feet on the table. Really L.

L is....not classy in the slightest. He is, however, totally awesome in every way.

AIR - 12 (END)

This ending manages to be tragic, without being sad.
It's tragic for the aunt, who, after finally realizing what she was missing all these years, gets it taken away. However, there seems to be an indication that those events got altered in an alternate timeline, providing happiness towards a different incarnation of the aunt's spirit. The ending isn't sad however, since we see her moved on, and we know that the curse has been lifted. The goal has been reached.

Also, two beautiful messages were portrayed during this show: family is intensely valuable, and we should strive to make a happy future for our collective children. Miss USA speech material perhaps, but portrayed genuinely.

I'm happy with this show. It felt a bit rushed at times, but it got me the feels and Misuzu is just way too adorable. Gao!

I rate it 7/10. I only got some specials left now.

This show is incredibly bittersweet but is probably my favorite keyshit. Yes even over Angel Beats. Also I have that long sleeved Gao Gao Stegosaurus shirt!

Death Note - Episode 13

Hold on hold on wait a minute. Did I really just stumble upon an anime with a hidden
yandere
in it? Holy moly talk about unsuspecting. Death Note is getting more interesting by the minute with this news.

She's not hidden lol. But I love her character. And since shes gothic Lolita, well I love her even more.

Sunday without God / Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi 12 (Final)

Damn, that was a good, tear-shedding episode. the music was great! I sincerely hope there will be a season 2 -- though I hear there's an OVA coming out in Feb.

This series was a pleasant surprise. I didn't enjoy the first 2 eps that much but from the end of episode 3 and onwards I got attached to the series. They did a great job of incorporating the ending themes into the endings of episode 3 and 12! There's still a lot of mysteries of the world left to solve -- but I'm most hoping for a bigger overall plot instead of mini 2-3 episode mini-arcs. Recommended to watch at least up to episode 4 before deciding whether to stick to it or drop it!

This series was a pleasant surprise. I didn't enjoy the first 2 eps that much but from the end of episode 3 and onwards I got attached to the series. They did a great job of incorporating the ending themes into the endings of episode 3 and 12! There's still a lot of mysteries of the world left to solve -- but I'm most hoping for a bigger overall plot instead of mini 2-3 episode mini-arcs. Recommended to watch at least up to episode 4 before deciding whether to stick to it or drop it!

I haven't watched twelve yet, but this has been the best series this season. I agree that you have to get past the first two episodes and I hope alot of people didn't drop it before that.

Personally I like the mini episode arcs. Though I wouldn't mind a more clear over arcing story behind them.

Quasar

Started watching Ghosthunt thanks to netflix. Pretty cool little paranormal investigation show. And Surprisingly has an Aussie character. Thats almost a first for me.

cajunator

Banned
Dog Days 10

man, for such a lighthearted show, this sure serioused the fuck up and it was made that much more awesome for it.

It got semi-serious yeah but its still light fluffy fun.
And why the FUCK isnt it licensed?!
This is the biggest non-licensing fuckup the industry has made recently.

I want to rub those Eclair ears.

I do too. fuwafuwa squee!
I want to rub all their ears!!

Eclair is fine but there are more adorable girls.

1353861467089.gif

----------
Majestic prince - 23
Even the best plans need to be reworked.

Feelign of epic battle : check
Epic fights : check
good music : check
I'm gonna do something awesome : check

Yes Eclair is amazing but the correct answer to best girl in Dog Days is ALL OF THEM <3

High School DxD S2 END

nooooooooooo its over ;__;

It was a nice adaptation but it feels a little rushed especially in the azazel fight. The first battle with vali was awesome and I didn't remember all those
If you think about it , the azzazel fight is not that important , so i'm fine with the way it went because that's not an important fight ... and they did deliver on the important fight .

BOOST! BOOST! BOOST! BOOST! BOOST! BOOST! BOOST! BOOST! BOOST!

And then Juggernaut Drive
See how it's almost eveil , this part ended on the tease of juggernaut drive and then they said "later".

they end the chapter with goddess akeno

hope it sells well I really want season 3, with the training and the rating game vs the student council.
Season 3 can't be anything but Vol 5,6&7
It would make no sense to stop at vol 6 when yopu could have the highlight of Vol 7.This is why i want either more oavs ( in between seasons ) or a 24 ep season. This is a delicate phase, they can't rush those events anymore.

Volume 15 is ready? wooooooooooooooo
Vol 15 has a lot of back story on the whole cast ( akeno , yuto , vali ), be sure to read it
Dat Fist Fight!
You know it
Brofist.gif

Read the novels there are more awesome fights and more boobs, join the club and sing with us the Oppai dragon song, CLICK-CLICK ZOOM-ZOOM IYAAAN.

Zoom Zoom Iyaaaan

sonicmj1

Uchouten Kazoku 12

iNSfMy5JgfcKR.jpg

Waifu.

The animation in this episode was great. And even if every question from the past isn't answered, I'm looking forward to seeing how all this chaos gets resolved.

Tenumi

Banned
Yes! Pretty Cure 5: 18

So I guess this School Paper girl is somewhat of a major character, given she's appeared in almost every episode. Someday she'll find out who's under Spiderman's mask...

Highschool DxD New
Overall this season has been a fun ride. Seems much better than the first season and the plot has become more integral to the show. The final episode's fight scene was superb. While I do not particularly like Issei, he is better than most anime harem characters. His kindness and drive are particularly striking as well as his desires though this quality doesn't particularly make me like him more. I still think Season 1 ED is the best though season 2 second ED comes pretty close

Highschool DxD New 12

A wild ride this season, with great end that leaves me wanting more. Hopefully season 3 comes quickly, as it left a lot up in the air.

Articalys

Finally, the Madoka/Chihayafuru crossover you've been waiting for, except not really.
http://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000083711/
Premium Bandai is accepting pre-orders for Puella Magi Madoka Magica Hyakunin Isshu karuta decks. The set contains one hundred cards, an instruction manual, and an index, all packaged inside a special luxury box. The set retails for 7,980 yen (~ $80.65) and is expected to ship in January 2014. Pre-orders will be accepted until November 21.
I wonder what the next step of merchandising will be for Madoka.

Dog Days is pretty standard in a lot of ways, but remains a fun watch without being dragged down too much by awful aspects and is better overall than Nanoha.

Minus that one transformation scene. That was unnecessary.

I enjoyed Dog Days at first - it's got some nicely animated action - but soon got bored with it because the characters are all basic anime archetypes whose interactions quickly became stale. The show felt like it was just going through the motions. It also didn't so as much with the dog/cat thing as I would have liked.

Uh, has no one posted this Space Dandy music video thing? I'm really not entirely sure what it is. I just saw that Bahi posted it. Kinda neat!

It's for the Space Dandy OP song.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom