• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |OT3| only manly sports allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Another 11

Actually this show is more like Trouble in Terrorist Town: The Anime. The dead person is the T, Misaki is the D. And she's a shitty fucking D at that.

Everyone gonna die!

Holy shit at some of these deaths, goddamn.

CorvoSol

Star Driver 1

Got as far as the words "Square Enix" then dropped the show. Fuck no I am not sitting through a plot by this fucking company, no matter how well animated. Maybe when there's nothing to do and I'm dying alone in a cold ditch, I'll watch it to see if I can't frighten the reaper away, but UGH. Someone should've warned me before I tried to watch this.

Branduil

The last episode I watched was the one where
The Female Titan, after being prisoner for an entire episode, suddenly has the magic power to summon Titans, and destroys her Titan body but no doubt escapes actual death.
I dropped it because that was some stupid nonsense, because the show had not been good for some time, and because with Victory Gundam on my plate, I just had enough bad shows to watch already.

So you're only 4 episodes behind?

Might as well, three of the 4 next episodes have neat action scenes anyway.

wonzo

Banned
Star Driver 1

Got as far as the words "Square Enix" then dropped the show. Fuck no I am not sitting through a plot by this fucking company, no matter how well animated. Maybe when there's nothing to do and I'm dying alone in a cold ditch, I'll watch it to see if I can't frighten the reaper away, but UGH. Someone should've warned me before I tried to watch this.
Did you really just drop a show because a company was a part of the production committee, especially one that has little to no creative input in it? ಠ_ಠ

Jarmel

Banned
Star Driver 1

Dude what? Come on you should know better.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Star Driver 1

Well damn. lol. They didn't even really play a part in it. Just some sponsership I assume.

TWGOK 12

I think there was more action here than in the manga so I guess +1 for the anime.

I hope for the next TWGOK adaptation they skip the Namek arc and move onto whatever's next since they seem so fond of skipping stuff.

CorvoSol

Did you really just drop a show because a company was a part of the production committee, especially one that has little to no creative input in it? ಠ_ಠ

It's more that I don't have time to watch it than anything, but I don't want to see a show Square had part in.

Dude what? Come on you should know better.

I don't want to see a Square Enix anime because when I see their name I think "Shitty writing". It's the same way with Level 5 after Gundam AGE, really.

If the show is honestly good or Square isn't involved and just has their name in the opening credits, I'll believe you guys and give it a chance, but yes, seeing the words "Square Enix" or "Level 5" is enough to make me shy away from a show or game.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Star Driver 1

Fullmetal Alchemist is a Square Enix property. They publish manga and such.

Star Driver 1

One possible involvement of Square Enix is that the manga was published in Young Gangan, one of Square's manga magazines.

Jintor

Avatar The Last Airbender s01e05 (in deference to hox's refined sensibilities)

I forgot how hilarious Bumi was. "Take them to the chamber!" "The good chamber or the bad chamber?" "The newly refurbished chamber!" "Wait, which one is that again?" "It was the bad chamber... but then we refurbished it. Though I guess we really should number them..."

Dresden

It's more that I don't have time to watch it than anything, but I don't want to see a show Square had part in.

I don't want to see a Square Enix anime because when I see their name I think "Shitty writing". It's the same way with Level 5 after Gundam AGE, really.

If the show is honestly good or Square isn't involved and just has their name in the opening credits, I'll believe you guys and give it a chance, but yes, seeing the words "Square Enix" or "Level 5" is enough to make me shy away from a show or game.

All it means is they just put some money in as part of the committee - as in, how anime is funded - for a slice of the pie.

CorvoSol

Fullmetal Alchemist is a Square Enix property. They publish manga and such.

I have also never been interested in watching Full Metal Alchemist, but not really for any reason related to Square's stank.

One possible involvement of Square Enix is that the manga was published in Young Gangan, one of Square's manga magazines.

They own manga magazines? Go figure.

square enix has like...nothing to do with the actual Star Driver anime

If they really didn't I'll give the show a shot, but lemme tell you, I so am not down for an anime Square's staff wrote. If that's not the case I'll watch, though.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I have also never been interested in watching Full Metal Alchemist, but not really for any reason related to Square's stank.

If they really didn't I'll give the show a shot, but lemme tell you, I so am not down for an anime Square's staff wrote. If that's not the case I'll watch, though.

Don't watch it. You'll seriously regret it. There are better shows to watch.

Star Driver is written by Yoji Enokido (Diebuster, FLCL, Melody of Oblivion, Redline, Revolutionary Girl Utena), not by anyone who works for Square-Enix.

Jarmel

Banned
Both FMAs are some of the best work BONES has done.

There is no reason to trudge through the shit when you have the gold available to you.

CorvoSol

Though in actuality, you really really shouldn't be watching Star Driver.

But the .gif that I saw from the movie looked pretty cool?

The writing in Star Driver is shitty but it has nothing to do with Square Enix.

Well, I mean, I've seen some crummy shows. Just don't know that I want Square level of crummy.

All it means is they just put some money in as part of the committee - as in, how anime is funded - for a slice of the pie.

I didn't know Square did this sort of thing.

CorvoSol: Do you not understand what a "publisher" is?

Not when it is written in japanese? All I saw was the words "Square Enix." I didn't know they published a manga magazine. I thought they just raped childhood memories and then ported things to iOS nowadays.

Don't watch it. You'll seriously regret it. There are better shows to watch.

Well okay, then, I'll stick with Dual and such.

And yeah, you probably should pass on Star Driver for other reasons.

Corvo, go watch Fullmetal Alchemist. Seriously. Fuck Star Driver, go watch FMA.

Isn't FMA like 700 episodes long and one of those long running shonen anime? I tend to shy away from anything longer than 50 episodes, and even then I only really do that for mecha nowadays.

FMA 03 is like 51 episodes and Brotherhood is like 64 episodes.

Pick one, both if you feel like it. Different flavors and storylines and shit.

Jarmel

Banned
Isn't FMA like 700 episodes long and one of those long running shonen anime? I tend to shy away from anything longer than 50 episodes, and even then I only really do that for mecha nowadays.

First FMA is roughly 50 episodes long and the second version which is a different timeline is 63.

They're really not that long and they're both easily worth it. You don't even have to see both.

CorvoSol

I guess if he REALLY wants to watch Star Driver, he can watch the movie....

I might just do that.

But Corvo would just drop FMA at the drop of a hat.

I dunno, I've only ever dropped 2 shows. Rah Xephon because being gutted alive with a plastic spoon is a more wholesome experience, and Attack on Titan because I couldn't ride that rollercoaster of quality any longer. I guess technically 3 when you add in the time I stopped watching Glass Fleet (I should've kept stop watching that boooooring, poorly animated mess), but I did come back and finish it. I wouldn't count this show since I didn't see more than the opening scene, just as I don't count Linebarrels of Iron for the same reason.

Yes, ones with GOOD stuff in them. Fullmetal Alchemist, Soul Eater, Tripeace, Doubt, Hare + Guu, Until Death Do us Part, Aphorism, Daily Lives of HIgh School Boys, Choku, Akame ga Kill, Dusk Maiden, and about a billion other things.

They're just a publisher, not a creator of manga series.

CorvoSol

Seriously Corvo, just watch the first two episode of the first FMA.

I will, but I dunno if I will right away. School just started last week and I'm trying to get everything sorted into my new schedule. Maybe I'll put it in after MJP, but then again I was saving that for KlK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom