• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |OT3| only manly sports allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Phi Brain 42

I had to stop and rewind to make a gif

Nau6qzH.gif

So adorbs :3

The rest of the episode was okay I guess, mostly revealing stuff we expected
that Kaito wasn't really a douche as a child the story is being over blown by the fake rings blah blah

I hnnnnged.

I thought Phi Brain was some fujoshi show. Is the big hat loli supposed to be the audience self-insert character?

She's one of the main antagonist of season 2, her big sister is also a villain in S2

mizerka_39401.jpg

Honestly Phi Brain isn't really fujoshi at all, the only time it really gets that way is when the main antagonist of each season is a bit too obsessed with the main character. Kaito was pretty much given a love interest in Nonoha episode 1

5092-1370031274.jpg

Generally the series is just shonen puzzle battle fun.

Syrinx

Ojamajo Doremi # 35

Yellow Battle Ranger was a lameass.

I thought this was gonna be a Pop episode and it kinda was, but it was more about butthead Kimitaka. Fuck that. Why cant Pop get more spotlight dammit?

Instro

Free 12

A whole lot of great animation for such a bad show. That could pretty much sum Free up in its entirety really, although this episode in particular is by far the most impressive of the bunch in regards to animation.

Ojamajo Doremi # 35

Yellow Battle Ranger was a lameass.

I thought this was gonna be a Pop episode and it kinda was, but it was more about butthead Kimitaka. Fuck that. Why cant Pop get more spotlight dammit?

Well that's what the Movie followed by episode 40 is for.

Speaking of which....

For episode 40, do you think you could spoiler tag every detail of the episode (no matter how minor) if you plan on it?

Syrinx

Well that's what the Movie followed by episode 40 is for.

Speaking of which....

For episode 40, do you think you could spoiler tag every detail of the episode (no matter how minor) if you plan on it?

I'll just spoiler tag the whole thing. Speaking of which, remind me again when I should watch the movie.

I'll just spoiler tag the whole thing. Speaking of which, remind me again when I should watch the movie.

Once you finish watching episode 39, start the movie.

...Although I think it's worth saying if you get to 40, just make it your stopping point for the day.

Syrinx

Once you finish watching episode 39, start the movie.

...Although I think it's worth saying if you get to 40, just make it your stopping point for the day.

You and that other guy (gashukinFLCL I think, is that even how it's said?) have really hyped this episode as some super-emotional thing. I'll prepare myself.

Vecks

Free! 12

And it's over. A rather normal, happy ending. It's kind of amazing how much drama they squeezed out of so little substance. Regardless, I enjoyed the series more than I had expected.

Dresden

love lab - 12

Some really lively animation there. Disappointed that they didn't wrap up Riko's lies here, though, leaving it instead to serve as the season's end next episode. Would have preferred a drama-free outing to wrap things up.

I hope this gets a second season - the boys were sadly underrepresented and I'd like to see more of them.

Shergal

Free 12

A whole lot of great animation for such a bad show. That could pretty much sum Free up in its entirety really, although this episode in particular is by far the most impressive of the bunch in regards to animation.

Yeah, it was a jarring disconnect laughing at all that overwrought melodrama while also trying to appreciate the animation which was above average for Kyoani.

Man, remember when Kyoani shows had good endings? K-On!!, Nichijou, Hyouka especially. I hope this trend of rushed, clashing endings stops with Kyokai at least.

Motto! Ojamajo Doremi 7

Continuing from last episode with Depressemi,
Oyajiide is back, and taking Hana to the human world to let her see Doremi and friends.... well mainly to see Onpu's new movie.

I can see where the hair style for her future appearance came from, and why it was given to her, but Doremi's care allowed them the privilege to see her once in a while.

Also Momoko singing!

zeroshiki

love lab - 12

Some really lively animation there. Disappointed that they didn't wrap up Riko's lies here, though, leaving it instead to serve as the season's end next episode. Would have preferred a drama-free outing to wrap things up.

I hope this gets a second season - the boys were sadly underrepresented and I'd like to see more of them.

Dakky is all the man you'll ever need.

Girls und Panzer 12

That was good stuff. The structure of the show was well thought out, with it steadily escalating in stakes, the seriousness of the enemies, the audacity and creativity of Miho's tactics, and the tension of the direction. The final showdown was thrilling, especially in how it connected with Miho's character subplot, and it also showed a great deal of advancement in the CG animation since the first episode. The production delays probably helped give the time needed to make the last two episodes polished, and as difficult as it was for those who were watching as this aired I'm glad Mizushima decided to postpone episodes instead of pushing out a rushed product as happens with so many TV anime.

This would be a satisfyingly complete product, but I'm happy that there will be more coming. I wonder what direction the movie will take though. World championships would seem the natural next step, but by having national-flavored teams they may have spoiled the impact of that.

zeroshiki

Yeah, it was a jarring disconnect laughing at all that overwrought melodrama while also trying to appreciate the animation which was above average for Kyoani.

Man, remember when Kyoani shows had good endings? K-On!!, Nichijou, Hyouka especially. I hope this trend of rushed, clashing endings stops with Kyokai at least.

KyoAni needs to tieup with Kadokawa again. Pretty much none of their "original" stuff has turned out great (even Tamako was admittedly uneven). I'm hoping Kyokai no Kanata brings us good action at the very least.

Shergal

Girls und Panzer 12

That was good stuff. The structure of the show was well thought out, with it steadily escalating in stakes, the seriousness of the enemies, the audacity and creativity of Miho's tactics, and the tension of the direction. The final showdown was thrilling, especially in how it connected with Miho's character subplot, and it also showed a great deal of advancement in the CG animation since the first episode. The production delays probably helped give the time needed to make the last two episodes polished, and as difficult as it was for those who were watching as this aired I'm glad Mizushima decided to postpone episodes instead of pushing out a rushed product as happens with so many TV anime.

This would be a satisfyingly complete product, but I'm happy that there will be more coming. I wonder what direction the movie will take though. World championships would seem the natural next step, but by having national-flavored teams they may have spoiled the impact of that.

That god damn
Maus takedown

So great

Dresden

Girls und Panzer 12

Real war, hopefully.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Motto! Ojamajo Doremi 7

Continuing from last episode with Depressemi,
Oyajiide is back, and taking Hana to the human world to let her see Doremi and friends.... well mainly to see Onpu's new movie.

I can see where the hair style for her future appearance came from, and why it was given to her, but Doremi's care allowed them the privilege to see her once in a while.

Also Momoko singing!
http://youtu.be/zTcitnp2RPE

Syrinx

Ojamajo Doremi # 36

Hana-chan is too goddamn funny. Chasing that dragonfly and almost getting hit by a truck and not giving a FUCK, cause she's having the time of her life. And then riding a stray cat. The fun never stops with her.

Poor Oyajide. He's so incompetent and unlucky. I almost feel bad for him. But it's fun to watch him.

Jarmel

Banned
Henneko 12-fin
Hentai-Ouji-to-Warawanai-Neko-Episode-12-Image-0004.png

So like what the fuck. The time travel arc was actually really good. I was finishing the show up mostly out of obligation but the last arc was pretty good. The Emi arc was fucking terrible and made me think I was right in dropping the show but the time travel arc was handled in a pretty decent way and the twist at the end was overall satisfactory. I'm surprised.

I'm also impressed with the fact that the show had leads who actually kissed each other. How fucking rare is that?

Articalys

In my defense, it really doesn't help that J-One's being as incredibly obtuse as possible about what their overall service actually is. Some channel available only on select TV service providers, a website, companion apps... like some odd combination of Funimation Channel, Neon Alley, and Animax Asia, I suppose.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Free 12

on a scale of one to ten what would you rate your appreciation of people crying on another person's face for the camera to capture the teardrops slowly dripping down the other's cheek?

Syrinx

Ojamajo Doremi # 37

Episode was great. Tests for both Hana and Pop (best characters in the show) at the same time. And Hana is causing trouble for Pop (and everyone else). The way Pop won was so awesome though. That rabbit and turtle are such bros.

Also so easy to get caught up in rooting for Atarimeko-chan. What a trooper.

Hayate no Gotoku! Can't Take My Eyes Off You 11

Fine, I'll admit it.

Nagi is decent when she isn't her bratty self. Doesn't mean I don't hate her any less than before.

Jarmel

Banned
Nanase also did the soundtrack for IS! lol

Actually, now that I think about it, doesn't that mean that Nanase composing for two shows next season?

Seemingly yes.

I should mention that I'm now listening to Noein's soundtrack as I remember it being very Wind Wakerish and it's really good in general and yes I can still hear Wind Waker in it. Probably the panflutes.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
I have time for one more tonight. This shit's been on my back burner and will remain for the time being, but I'm gonna watch it anyways.

Kanon (2006) 2

So yeah, back on the moe blob shit.

I'm not expecting the same Clannad-level soulcrushing-ness, but I would be surprised if we approached that at least a little bit.

Jintor

Avatar: The Last Airbender s01e06

Haru's voice actor ranges from passable to horrible.

Katara may be a bit of a idealistic pissant, but at least, like many characters in this series, she has the courage of her convictions.

Also, Sulu!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom