• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |OT3| only manly sports allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
I will, but I dunno if I will right away. School just started last week and I'm trying to get everything sorted into my new schedule. Maybe I'll put it in after MJP, but then again I was saving that for KlK.

FMA is better than pretty much all the shows you're currently watching and leagues better than Star Driver.

Watching FMA would be a better use of your time than catching up with Shingeki.

Just watch one of the episodes tonight and see if you like it.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I feel like I'm one of the few people who just doesn't really like Shingeki outside of the few cool animation scenes. The premise is interesting but both the manga and the anime dilly dally so much that I just immediately lose motivation to care.

7Th

I feel like I'm one of the few people who just doesn't really like Shingeki outside of the few cool animation scenes. The premise is interesting but both the manga and the anime dilly dally so much that I just immediately lose motivation to care.

Have you even read this thread?

Phi Brain 39

Awe yeah watching Kaito and Rook team up was pretty bad ass. Other then that the only thing of note in this episode was seeing Erena be super thirsty for Gammon.

zeroshiki

You must have missed all the posts on here lambasting it, then?

I'll do it again just for you. Attack on Titan is a poorly planned, poorly animated, boring powerpoint presentation coasting on a cool idea.

kayos90

Have you even read this thread?

Oh. I wasn't talking about in respect to the thread. Sorry. I should've clarified. All my friends think its the most awesomest shit in the world. I can't even have a say of negativity or I'll get lashed at.

CorvoSol

FMA is better than pretty much all the shows you're currently watching and leagues better than Star Driver.

Watching FMA would be a better use of your time than catching up with Shingeki.

Just watch one of the episodes tonight and see if you like it.

My computer is like hecka on the fritz cuz I'm downloading. If my downloads finish before it grows too late, I'll give the first episode a shot, I suppose.

No that about sums up how I feel about the show, really. It was good at first but it's been in this huge slump for so long.

Armin and Mikasa both do stuff.

Yay Mikasa BOOOO Armin.

Also Anime-GAF what does "Korede' dou" mean and why is it usually the busty woman in my SRPG games who is saying it?

Oh. I wasn't talking about in respect to the thread. Sorry. I should've clarified. All my friends think its the most awesomest shit in the world. I can't even have a say of negativity or I'll get lashed at.

Well to be fair, we didn't know your friends actually had opinions, so that was us in the dark.

Andrew J.

Zegapain 1

Well, where to start? First of all, let me take a moment to congratulate Majestic Prince. I mean, CG robots look like shit no matter what you do, and they probably will forever and ever and I wish they'd all die a horrible death and that the fingers of people who thought they were a good idea might turn to solid cement, but compared to the CG in this episode, MJP's CG doesn't look half bad, like it's come a long way.

The plot kinda reminds me of a cross between Rinne and Digimon, I guess, in that it is about an upbeat kid who wants members for his school club and also about a digital game world. That said there hasn't been any :Burton yet, and the mechs aren't as awesome as War Greymon.

Still, I've seen worst first episodes than that.

Yes.

You're in for a ride, Corvo.

kayos90

Well to be fair, we didn't know your friends actually had opinions, so that was us in the dark.

Not really. If I'm making a comment about people in an established community, the direct object tends to be the community itself. Me not specifying puts the fault on me alone.

Phi Brain 40

I saw so many death flags on the poor dog :(
I'm legit shook that the dog lived in the end
Rook solo episode was okay, focused too much on the girl and her dog. I'm incredibly sad that Melancholy played a rather small part in this episode despite being the "villain"

ScreenHunter_1238+Jul.+16+03.55.jpg

<3

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
So I should expect you on the next ANNcast.

Taruranto

Also Zegapain sucks, CorvoSol.

Well, it's not that it sucks as much as it is fucking boring. It would have been a... passable anime had it been 13 episodes, but the series just keep going on in circle, repeating the same things for 26(?) episodes. And despite the huge number of eps, the villain and the supporting cast are quite poor and get almost next to no characterization. There is a huge ammount of mystery for no reasons and they hold back a lot of into about the setting again for no reasons at all.

kayos90

It was a joke that they were your friends, because they were super positive about the show on a recent podcast.

Ah. In all honesty, it's not really just anime. I can't put in a word of critique cuz they view it as negativity and "going against the crowd" or some other bs nonsense. =/

Anyway, getting back on topic, it makes me sad that shingeki will most likely get another season.

Phi Brain 40

I saw so many death flags on the poor dog :(
I'm legit shook that the dog lived in the end
Rook solo episode was okay, focused too much on the girl and her dog. I'm incredibly sad that Melancholy played a rather small part in this episode despite being the "villain"

<3

The episode with the dog ? it was boring I hope they heard the feedback and never try an episode like that in the S3 ever.
Textbook example of borring filler episode

The episode with the dog ? it was boring I hope they heard the feedback and never try an episode like that in the S3 ever.
Textbook example of borring filler episode

It always shocks me when anime shows that are 12-26 episodes have full filler episodes. I get having a recap episode half way though so new people can jump in, but filler in a plot driven show that's short is dumb.

santeesioux

Speaking of Netflix, did they just add a bunch of shows? I just checked and noticed stuff that wasn't there before like Welcome to the NHK and Tokyo Godfathers.

jgminto

Free! 12

Rei got shafted. He was much cooler than that ass Rin. Seems like he won't have an inflamed prostate next season though so at least that's something.

I don't think I could recommend Netflix for Brotherhood, they never had the full thing up at any point.

Then again, I haven't looked there in months.

Phi Brain 41

That was not at all what I was expecting from Ana meeting her sister Eve. First Eve looks more like a boy then her brother Ana, and Eve is supposed to be a girl lol. This was the first episode we saw Ana truly be serious and it was pretty crushing. The final solution to the puzzle was just depressing :( That painting wow

zeroshiki

There's apparently an official Precure LINE account now. I hope they have some cool free stickers.

Also, remember when I said yesterday that the Anohana movie was at 660 million and in 3rd place all time for late night anime? I was wrong. That was last week. Its now at 760 million and it blew past the Macross F movie. Its now dangerously close to Disappearance at 850 million. The final mountain to climb is K-On at 1.2 billion and even I think that's a bridge too far.

Syrinx

Love Lab 11

Maki really doesn't realize how good she has it, does she? She could literally pick from any dude at that cram school, and from any girl at her own school for that matter. But I guess her sister is right that her isolation from boys has made her obsessive and a bit delusional.

Quasar

Speaking of Netflix, did they just add a bunch of shows? I just checked and noticed stuff that wasn't there before like Welcome to the NHK and Tokyo Godfathers.

Yeah. I just started watching Ghost Hunt on Netflix. Pretty nice little show 'd never even heard of before.

Love Lab 11

Maki really doesn't realize how good she has it, does she? She could literally pick from any dude at that cram school, and from any girl at her own school for that matter. But I guess her sister is right that her isolation from boys has made her obsessive and a bit delusional.

maybe... just maybe her dad is a closet yuri fan... but it didn't work out.

Shergal

There's apparently an official Precure LINE account now. I hope they have some cool free stickers.

Also, remember when I said yesterday that the Anohana movie was at 660 million and in 3rd place all time for late night anime? I was wrong. That was last week. Its now at 760 million and it blew past the Macross F movie. Its now dangerously close to Disappearance at 850 million. The final mountain to climb is K-On at 1.2 billion and even I think that's a bridge too far.

I thought the K-On! movie did 1.9 billion.
something said:
Update 2012-05-01
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-9197.html
Over ¥1,900,000,000 total? I... wow. It's nearly matched Evangelion 1.0. ::mind boggles::
Source

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So, Free is great as a sports show because the sport only serves as a vehicle for the characters and isn't the only thing that everyone is obsessed with.

That said, the actual drama was just a step down from Knight in the Area, where the guy's dead brother spoke to him via his heart... because magic. (Actually, it turns out that organ transplants retain the memories and soul of the donor!)

I will say, the ending itself was a bit unexpected, because I had no idea that they'd actually do something so left field. If nothing else, I'm glad that they managed to surprise me with a sport show ending, since they manage to
win AND lose at the same time.

Also, the troll during the credits was just great. You could almost hear the hearts of the fangirls in Japan breaking. :p

Anyway, I assume KyoAni will go back to this well soon. If they can manage to find a way to drag this all the way to 2020... even better. Although really, I suppose a 2016 tie in would be more realistic. lol

Phi Brain 42

I had to stop and rewind to make a gif

Nau6qzH.gif

So adorbs :3

The rest of the episode was okay I guess, mostly revealing stuff we expected
that Kaito wasn't really a douche as a child the story is being over blown by the fake rings blah blah

Joe Molotov

Phi Brain 42

I had to stop and rewind to make a gif

Nau6qzH.gif

So adorbs :3

The rest of the episode was okay I guess, mostly revealing stuff we expected
that Kaito wasn't really a douche as a child the story is being over blown by the fake rings blah blah

I thought Phi Brain was some fujoshi show. Is the big hat loli supposed to be the audience self-insert character?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom