• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |OT3| only manly sports allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't need prescreening impressions from random people on Twitter to know that Samurai Flamenco has female otaku as a target audience. Likewise, Galilei Donna obviously has male otaku as a target audience. Not the ideal situation for noitamina, perhaps, but that doesn't mean either of them will be bad shows.

Midonin

The recent KanColle announcement also gave me some motivation to watch the last of the girls in their flying machines fighting aliens shows that I have yet to get around to. I'm going to watch Sky Girls and will post my thoughts here whenever I finish it, whenever that is.

The recent KanColle announcement also gave me some motivation to watch the last of the girls in their flying machines fighting aliens shows that I have yet to get around to. I'm going to watch Sky Girls and will post my thoughts here whenever I finish it, whenever that is.

I watched the first episode of that a couple weeks ago and never got back to it. Characters don't seem as charming as they did in Strike Witches and Humikane's adapted character designs don't look as good either. Will probably get back to it if I'm craving girls in tight bodysuits.

Articalys

I didn't need prescreening impressions from random people on Twitter to know that Samurai Flamenco has female otaku as a target audience. Likewise, Galilei Donna obviously has male otaku as a target audience. Not the ideal situation for noitamina, perhaps, but that doesn't mean either of them will be bad shows.
Anyway, it seems there were some positive comments in there too for Samurai Flamenco, and I'm definitely watching the first episode anyway. Though I do hope they'll show at least one animated PV before it airs...

This is why I ignore all pre-airing hype. I'll watch it, maybe I'll like it, but I don't care to get my expectations up over scraps of info and marketing.

Nafe

Happy Birthday Chet!
Have a good one. :)

---

52418dbeefc86c3yn5.jpg

^more ufotable character designs for ND.

Looking at the names and the guys is Jeff in English but looks more like If or something in Japanese,haha. Shouldn't it be more like ジェフ? Although the ponytail girls name looks like Anca so maybe they just have weird names.

Insert something about wearing heels and combat!

Steel toed heels no less. Fashionable and battle ready! Oh well, it's just a game,haha.

Girls und Panzer 12

I thought this was just such a fun show that seemed pretty well made. It's good to see that you enjoyed it too. Now we wait for the movie and OVA and hopefully even maybe a second season.

Because he is directing the new turbo-bad Saint Seiya season.

But he also directed Heartcatch, and you've never given him any credit for that. :(

He directed One Piece Film Z as well I believe and I thought that was pretty good...

SAINT SEYA OMEGA - 72

Yes, I'm still watching this show as well,haha. I saw the next episode preview but don't remember if this was in there or if I just forgot over the week but it was pretty dumb how they just pretty much spoil the entire episode in the title card.

I'd say maybe they stopped caring about the show as well but this is TOEI after all...

I miss Hyouka...

Speaking of Hyouka, the fifth volume of the manga just came out on the 26th.

Just look at Oreki checking out Irisu. He totally wants her,haha.

Articalys

Aaaaaaaagh why did I bother getting caught up in something I clearly know nothing about again...

Forget EVERYTHING I posted about noitaminA today and have some NSFW sample bonus manga color pages from the third Gargantia Blu-ray box: http://imgur.com/a/fIrYs

Crocodile

"Tiger and Bunny imitator!"
"Gag homo anime!"
"As expected, it's just fujoshi bait."

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-18924.html

GOOD. This is exactly what I wanted to hear. When I first saw the promotional material it looked/sounded like another "bro" anime and I wanted another one of those to consume. I got a bit worried when some focus was placed on some Idol group that was in the show but was also doing the ED theme or something. The actual anime designs were also a big step down from the promo material and lacked its stylization which gave me pause. Hopeful the show turns out awesome.

I think samumenco is certainly way more exciting this far with what we know than tiger and bunny was, certainly better design than kotetsu. Sounds like what I wanted, so still have it as my most wanted non sequel anime this fall.

I feel like we know way too little about Samurai Flamenco (especially given how soon its going to come out) to make that sort of statement. Or did you just really not like Tiger & Bunny (which seems odd because one would think it would line up with your preferences)?

BluWacky

"Tiger and Bunny imitator!"
"Gag homo anime!"
"As expected, it's just fujoshi bait."

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-18924.html

One of the entries also says:

"Samumenco episode 1 has a simple story and funny jokes. It's also well paced. Tatsuo Yamada's action sequence was punchy. I'm looking forward to both new noitaminA shows!"

and another says:

"Samumenco 1 was... great! Moreover, I thought it was funny!"

Several others say it was fun, and even the Tiger and Bunny imitator comment doesn't put any kind of spin on it.

Impressions on Galileidonna are pretty positive; although the first episode is apparently mostly set up, some of the comments suggest that there's some great worldbuilding and attention to detail in characters.

BluWacky

I feel like we know way too little about Samurai Flamenco (especially given how soon its going to come out) to make that sort of statement. Or did you just really not like Tiger & Bunny (which seems odd because one would think it would line up with your preferences)?

I think DTL just likes bishounen character designs (the pretty boys like the SamuMenco characters) more than the older Kotetsu in Tiger & Bunny.

Articalys

"Samumenco episode 1 has a simple story and funny jokes. It's also well paced. Tatsuo Yamada's action sequence was punchy. I'm looking forward to both new noitaminA shows!"

and another says:

Several others say it was fun, and even the Tiger and Bunny imitator comment doesn't put any kind of spin on it.

Impressions on Galileidonna are pretty positive; although the first episode is apparently mostly set up, some of the comments suggest that there's some great worldbuilding and attention to detail in characters.
Thank you.
This is why I'm never again going to trust select translation excerpts from 7th as representative of the whole.

Midonin

Their site's needed an overhaul for some time now. Crunchyroll and Daisuki are better about making their content easy to find.

Tenumi

Banned
After originally promising a new website by the end of July and moving the goalposts a few times since then, Funimation now says it'll be here in "less than two weeks". And since they have a preview image of what it'll look like, I'm inclined to actually believe them for once.

Well, at least it looks good. Hopefully they've improved the backend, though, so that the sites actually usable now.

Necrovex

Gurren Lagann: Gurren-Hen

A fantastic retelling of the first arc. I knew the end was going to be reanimated but I didn't expect 20 minutes of completely different content. I adored how the four generals were handled. This film retained all of the emotion that the television show had; those massive man-tears appeared during that *one* segment.

I was surprised to see the film didn't include the Spiral King fight. I can only imagine how much epicness the sequel has.

I'm going to watch the second film tomorrow. Guys, how much groovier is it?

But make sure you watch the dub! It is superior, music and all..

Dub Beck is best Beck. Be careful though. When I first watched it, a whole day simply vanished. And you'll be crying that a second (third?) season doesn't exist.

7Th

and another says:

You forgot the one that said that the animation looked barely finished. ;)

Midonin

Gurren Lagann: Gurren-Hen

A fantastic retelling of the first arc. I knew the end was going to be reanimated but I didn't expect 20 minutes of completely different content. I adored how the four generals were handled. This film retained all of the emotion that the television show had; those massive man-tears appeared during that *one* segment.

I was surprised to see the film didn't include the Spiral King fight. I can only imagine how much epicness the sequel has.

I'm going to watch the second film tomorrow. Guys, how much groovier is it?

The grooviness levels are off the chart.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I honestly can't recommend NANA to anyone.

After you finish it you'll be wanting for more. And then you'll read the manga or some summaries. And then you'll figure out that you will never get anymore.

It ain't right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom